Raising Canes: Play for Each Other (S4, E16):

That was awesome.

You want this team to succeed so badly which makes our struggles all the more frustrating.

Still a little bit in me that wants to see Golden succeed here. I just don't believe it anymore

Advertisement
That was awesome.

You want this team to succeed so badly which makes our struggles all the more frustrating.

Still a little bit in me that wants to see Golden succeed here. I just don't believe it anymore

I think a lot of people feel this way somewhere deep down.

Yearby as a Junior? ooooooohhhh weeeeee.

This admin knows how to keep the fans at bay......how can we celebrate duke. I mean I like the kids but who expects them to hate the coach, the coach takes care of em.
I don't even enjoy deez shyts anymore, AG and his defense has took everything out of me. I almost a zombie on game day.

That was awesome.

I think a lot of people feel this way somewhere deep down.

Yearby as a Junior? ooooooohhhh weeeeee.

We all should feel that way! Up to this point we all have reason to be upset with the coaching, but, we can still root for the team to succeed independent of who the coach is, which I know usually doesn't happen. At the end of the day, we just want our boys to win and a story like this makes you want to root for Golden.

Also, glad to see everything is fine now. God Bless him and his family.

Hard to win on a consistent basis, not that hard to win vs opponents who have half the talent you do

i agree Duke has half the talent, but looking at it from another logical standpoint.....we dominated a Duke team that was the Coastal Champ, had won 12 regular season games in a row and had almost beat Texas A&M in a major bowl game last year....

Now lets see if we can continue to produce that type of Defensive performance... I doubt it, but i'm hoping for it.

Except Cornette the QB who killed us last year transferred and their starting RB was suspended, but dont let that cloud your judgement.

Advertisement
Hard to win on a consistent basis, not that hard to win vs opponents who have half the talent you do

i agree Duke has half the talent, but looking at it from another logical standpoint.....we dominated a Duke team that was the Coastal Champ, had won 12 regular season games in a row and had almost beat Texas A&M in a major bowl game last year....

Now lets see if we can continue to produce that type of Defensive performance... I doubt it, but i'm hoping for it.

Except Cornette the QB who killed us last year transferred and their starting RB was suspended, but dont let that cloud your judgement.

Excuses, excuses, excuses! It's a shame we didn't have anyone hurt last year when we played.

As much as I enjoyed that video, I think it just highlights that Golden's psychology and approach is all wrong.

He focuses on how "hard" it is to win. He wants these kids to cherish the accomplishment, each and every time they achieve it.
That is a loser's mentality, plain and simple.

We need a team that is so fast, so strong, so good, that they understand that winning a college football game is just another days work. Nothing special, 1 down, bring up the next victim.

You win a title? Cherish that. Because it is hard to win 11 or 12 games in a season. That is an accomplishment.

Beating any old ACC team on any old Saturday? That is your job, fellas. Do it, have fun, and show some style if you got it. But don't be so soft as to think it is "hard" and that you've earned a **** thing yet.

Advertisement
As most know im a believer in golden but i will tell you this i hated seeing the coaches all over twitter after we won the game ... For some reason i cant stand that i understand it during the offseason and recruiting but not during the season

And we didn't have anyone hurt last year our 3 best weapons didn't play or were knocked out (Coley) but u know we suck right!!!?? STFU man

As much as I enjoyed that video, I think it just highlights that Golden's psychology and approach is all wrong.

He focuses on how "hard" it is to win. He wants these kids to cherish the accomplishment, each and every time they achieve it.

We need a team that is so fast, so strong, so good, that they understand that winning a college football game is just another days work. Nothing special, 1 down, bring up the next victim.

You win a title? Cherish that. Because it is hard to win 11 or 12 games in a season. That is an accomplishment.

Beating any old ACC team on any old Saturday? That is your job, fellas. Do it, have fun, and show some style if you got it. But don't be so soft as to think it is "hard" and that you've earned a **** thing yet.

THIS!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

yeah, the nerves of Golden allowing the team to feel a sense of accomplishment each W.. mack brown wouldnt stand for any of it!

well.....thats depressingly on point

yeah, the nerves of Golden allowing the team to feel a sense of accomplishment each W.. mack brown wouldnt stand for any of it!

LOL. Exactly. Relishing the moment after a win is a loser's mentality. That's a new one.

Clearly, we should feel like we're supposed to win. The mental game of emphasizing how hard it is to win is to get the players to feel like they need to prepare that same way week in and out in order to get the win.

Advertisement
LOL. Exactly. Relishing the moment after a win is a loser's mentality. That's a new one.

It isn't new. Its all too common, unfortunately.

I'm not saying they shouldn't relish the win. Winning is the goal, after all. But they need to keep their perspective in place.

Golden sells them that each game is the war. He wants them to focus on one game at a time. I get that. But its small-minded crap. A quality team knows what is at stake. They're capable of understanding the season as a whole. They're HUNGRY to prove something. They don't need this psycho-manipulation and motivation.

I want guys that go into these games KNOWING we're going to win. In their mind, the question should be how much do we win by....or who can they knock out.....or how nasty of a highlight reel they can accumulate. That confidence and mindset translates on the field.

All this "this is hard" and "wins are rare" crap just undermines that confidence. It breeds a type of player that becomes complacent. A few wins like last week and that HUNGER that they need to have is (unfortunately) satisfied.

In short.....Golden's approach? Too much sunshine for my tastes.

It isn't new. Its all too common, unfortunately.

I'm not saying they shouldn't relish the win. Winning is the goal, after all. But they need to keep their perspective in place.

Golden sells them that each game is the war. He wants them to focus on one game at a time. I get that. But its small-minded crap. A quality team knows what is at stake. They're capable of understanding the season as a whole. They're HUNGRY to prove something. They don't need this psycho-manipulation and motivation.

I want guys that go into these games KNOWING we're going to win. In their mind, the question should be how much do we win by....or who can they knock out.....or how nasty of a highlight reel they can accumulate. That confidence and mindset translates on the field.

All this "this is hard" and "wins are rare" crap just undermines that confidence. It breeds a type of player that becomes complacent. A few wins like last week and that HUNGER that they need to have is (unfortunately) satisfied.

In short.....Golden's approach? Too much sunshine for my tastes.

GoldenShowers

Just a thought:

Golden has Bill Parcells philosophy but Pete Carrols personality. It's not a match at all.

If you are going to run a tight, strict, "every play designed for a guy to make the tackle", then you have to be a tight ***, strict, unfriendly ******* so that the kids never think it's ok when they make even a tiny error.

On the other hand, if you want to be the cool coach that is about positivity, you should run something simple that rewards players for making aggressive plays. PC mostly ran Cov 1 at USC, super simple **** that let the kids have fun and be aggressive; a great match for his coaching style.

This thread makes it easy to find out who's TROLLING the site
yep I just place 3 on ignore user.

But Gshower and Boscane I fully agree with....
Al a good person but can he coach us to NCAA COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIP ?

My takeaway from that is that the team seems to genuinely like Joe Yearby.

Advertisement
Back