Raising Canes: Play for Each Other (S4, E16):

Advertisement
Thanks for posting.

Herb making it happen on and off the field. He's a leader. Looking forward to seeing what he does the rest of this season.

Glad we got the W. Good ACC win.

And those unis with the white helmet are badass.

Hard to win on a consistent basis, not that hard to win vs opponents who have half the talent you do

Advertisement
Amazing how good of actors the players are. All the PORSTERS on the board know how much they all hate Golden.

Nice piece, but now we gotta beat GT or its all for nothing.

Say what you will about the coaches but i love this team! Unlike some teams in recent years i like the guys we got. The support and love they have for each other in good times and bad is inspirational! They way they rallied around Joe after his TD was awesome. Got a little choked up watching this episode.

Advertisement
Things like this makes you hope Al Golden would win big here. I got mix emotions about the situation. Al seems like the a great guy, but I just wish his coaching skills match.

Al would be a top ten AD; I have very little faith in his coaching skills. Hey maybe I will be converted back from the dark side by the end of the season. LET'S GO CANE!!!!

no excuses, except:

-its hard to win, so when you do lets party
-the cloud
- you cant make mistakes (funny bacuase every team in the history of football does)
-kaaya dont throw interceptions, GT's 3,000th ranked D jumps routes
-GT gets to the QB all of a sudden, his smoke screen excuse to throw the OL injuries under the bus after the game
-freelancing
-etc etc etc

someone should superimpose Grohldens face on the character from Pitfall, the Atari 80's game, its all the guy focuses on

Just a thought:

Golden has Bill Parcells philosophy but Pete Carrols personality. It's not a match at all.

If you are going to run a tight, strict, "every play designed for a guy to make the tackle", then you have to be a tight ***, strict, unfriendly ******* so that the kids never think it's ok when they make even a tiny error.

On the other hand, if you want to be the cool coach that is about positivity, you should run something simple that rewards players for making aggressive plays. PC mostly ran Cov 1 at USC, super simple **** that let the kids have fun and be aggressive; a great match for his coaching style.

Advertisement
Hard to win on a consistent basis, not that hard to win vs opponents who have half the talent you do

i agree Duke has half the talent, but looking at it from another logical standpoint.....we dominated a Duke team that was the Coastal Champ, had won 12 regular season games in a row and had almost beat Texas A&M in a major bowl game last year....

Now lets see if we can continue to produce that type of Defensive performance... I doubt it, but i'm hoping for it.

Advertisement
Things like this makes you hope Al Golden would win big here. I got mix emotions about the situation. Al seems like the a great guy, but I just wish his coaching skills match.

Al would be a top ten AD; I have very little faith in his coaching skills. Hey maybe I will be converted back from the dark side by the end of the season. LET'S GO CANE!!!!

exactly. like I would love for the guy to win. considering kelly is a cancer survivor and he found out right before we played nebraska, i can excuse that loss. i dont want to hear from some jerk offs journalists or sports radio guys that "this is football." that is the mother of his kids. that being said, l-ville was inexcusable but the positive part is Kaaya is growing.

lastly, Darrion Owens looks big.

Advertisement
Back