Radio is in the building

Randy, Cristobal and these other characters are all true Canes. Always will be . . . but as long as they're getting paid by another school and recruiting against us they're no better than the clown shuffling snow up in Ohio, Urbie Meyer. They're the enemy. It's business, boys.

Cristobal, a true Cane?

You think any of the current players would rank Cristobal up there as a great Cane?
Or as that loser coach who was given a lifeboat after getting canned from one of the worst D1 programs, and then after 5 minutes jumped ship?

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice...,

Advertisement
Lol at beating fsu with the fsu team in the dumps, if im not mistaken Jimbo came in had the number 1 class n destroyed radio. AG n this uM team is going up against a different animal that is fsu

Once a Cane always a Cane. I don't understand the hate for Randy Shannon after his termination. Randy will always be welcomed at the University of Miami.

Well, let me give you a few reasons: 1) he destroyed our built-in relationships w/ a plethora of S.Fla high schools; 2) he had NOTHING in place to develop our players, such as a nutrition program and decent weight training program; 3) he essentially did not recruit in his last year, leaving us with a class put together with duct tape and Elmers glue. In short, he ran one of the premier programs into the ground.

So he wasn't cut out to be a head coach. Big deal. Why are you blaming him? All he did was accept his dream job. Why don't you direct your anger towards the people who hired him. Why didn't they land a big name after Coker? Oh wait, it's because everyone turned them down!

Advertisement
Randy, Cristobal and these other characters are all true Canes. Always will be . . . but as long as they're getting paid by another school and recruiting against us they're no better than the clown shuffling snow up in Ohio, Urbie Meyer. They're the enemy. It's business, boys.

Cristobal, a true Cane?

You think any of the current players would rank Cristobal up there as a great Cane?
Or as that loser coach who was given a lifeboat after getting canned from one of the worst D1 programs, and then after 5 minutes jumped ship?

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice...,

Lifeboat lol????? Bama payed dude 550,000 plus incentives to coach the Oline. A little more than double what he was getting paid at UM. Works BOTH ways. "Gotta feed the fam".

Lol at beating fsu with the fsu team in the dumps, if im not mistaken Jimbo came in had the number 1 class n destroyed radio. AG n this uM team is going up against a different animal that is fsu

Yeah beating that team in 07 and 09 when they went 7-6 both years, is not even in the same universe as what they were in 2011-13.....

Randy beat FSU.

Al hasn't.

Very true, absolutely no doubt about it, and you are right.

Radio still sucked donkey testes

Got nothing but love and gratitude and respect for his time here as a player and as an assistant coach, but as HC? Yeeeeeah I'm still standing by my sucking donkey balls statement

I agree partially with this. But if Randy "sucked donkey testes" what does that make supposed lord and savior aldoofus? Shamming didn't have a nutrition program, didn't have the strength and conditioning up to par, no core values, no pillars, etc...... All randy had was snake, yet golden has won exactly ONE more game with all this "stuff". And on top of that helped to PRODUCE THE WORST DEFENSE IN UM HISTORY JUST LAST YEAR. Followed by another garbage *** defense THIS YEAR.

Advertisement
Randy beat FSU.

Al hasn't.

Very true, absolutely no doubt about it, and you are right.

Radio still sucked donkey testes

Got nothing but love and gratitude and respect for his time here as a player and as an assistant coach, but as HC? Yeeeeeah I'm still standing by my sucking donkey balls statement

I agree partially with this. But if Randy "sucked donkey testes" what does that make supposed lord and savior aldoofus? Shamming didn't have a nutrition program, didn't have the strength and conditioning up to par, no core values, no pillars, etc...... All randy had was snake, yet golden has won exactly ONE more game with all this "stuff". And on top of that helped to PRODUCE THE WORST DEFENSE IN UM HISTORY JUST LAST YEAR. Followed by another garbage *** defense THIS YEAR.

He is still better than Randy, sorry Al sucks but he is better than Randy. When Randy came we had a talent problem and he went out and landed a monster class in 08 and then face planted. Al never got a chance because his very first real class was derailed with the Robinson article. Randy failed becuase he had a BCS roster in 2010 and dropped the ball.....

I agree to a degree. We still should be more gentle in our comments because of what they gave us. Everyone has right to earn living. I am made at Kelly because his nephew chose Clemson, but he is at the start of the whole Canes coiming and giving back to THE U thing, so I try not to voice the anger. Beside, that kid would have probably been the starter here this year instead of, well I haven't heard his name up there.

Once a Cane always a Cane. I don't understand the hate for Randy Shannon after his termination. Randy will always be welcomed at the University of Miami.

Well, let me give you a few reasons: 1) he destroyed our built-in relationships w/ a plethora of S.Fla high schools; 2) he had NOTHING in place to develop our players, such as a nutrition program and decent weight training program; 3) he essentially did not recruit in his last year, leaving us with a class put together with duct tape and Elmers glue. In short, he ran one of the premier programs into the ground.

So he wasn't cut out to be a head coach. Big deal. Why are you blaming him? All he did was accept his dream job. Why don't you direct your anger towards the people who hired him. Why didn't they land a big name after Coker? Oh wait, it's because everyone turned them down!

Because if you know you're incompetent and can't handle the job then you should have the integrity not to accept it, particularly when the offer is from your school that you supposedly love and care about.

It was borderline fraud for him to pursue that position and accept it, given his unwillingness to do the most basic aspect of any coaching job - recruiting - the absolute lifeblood of a program. And like rebouding in basketball, it's mostly a function of effort and desire. There is simply no excuse for him to have completely checked out, cutting our ties to high schools all over S. Fla. It's unconscionable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back