Quick Notes On Cook, Dixon, Rudolph, and Phillips

This kid's situation is pretty unique. I can understand his concern.

Advertisement
Regarding Cook,

Did he and the staff just ignore Kelvin Taylor?

he and kelvin are different type of backs and will fill different roles if he stays firm in his commitment. i personally believe cook is more talented though. taylor is mostly a between the tackles guy, he's already up to 220 before his freshman year, cook will bring an entirely different element that uf lacks with jones and taylor. so i could see where cook would get a nice load.

Kid has to go somewhere other than Miami to attend college, because his life is in imminent danger in Miami.

/Is still in Miami, and will remain in Miami for his final year of high school.

//wut?

Yes, but have you seen his yearbook picture?

Da'Vante Phillips c/o 2015

26.jpg

Kid has to go somewhere other than Miami to attend college, because his life is in imminent danger in Miami.

/Is still in Miami, and will remain in Miami for his final year of high school.

//wut?

yup

Advertisement
Palm Beach Post article on Dixon and Rudolph http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/high...the-areas-top-receivers-in-the-class-of-2014/

by Jeff Greer

Two of Palm Beach County’s most talented receivers made waves this offseason, rising up national recruiting rankings and drawing scholarship offers from the top programs in college football.

Johnnie Dixon

As Dwyer’s Johnnie Dixon and Cardinal Newman’s Travis Rudolph narrow down their list of school choices, they name Alabama, Miami and Ohio State among their favorites. Each of those schools has a legitimate chance to land one of them.

Could a program add both players?

Miami has at least broached the subject with Dixon, mentioning the possibility of signing both him and Rudolph, Dixon’s former teammate at Cardinal Newman. If they landed Dixon and Rudolph, Miami would have the area’s top three prospects on the PBGametime Big Board and four of the top six. Miami already secured verbal commitments from Santaluces receiver Darrell Langham and Palm Beach Central tackle Kc McDermott.

Other programs take a different approach.

Sources close to the two receivers say Alabama has gained significant ground in both recruiting processes. But the Crimson Tide coaches haven’t talked to the prospects about potentially signing both of them.

“I’m not sure,” Rudolph said when asked if Alabama would take both receivers. “They never talk about other recruits when they’re talking to me.”

Dixon (5-11, 193) said he’ll definitely take official visits to Alabama and Ohio State this fall. He’ll possibly visit Miami as well, if he doesn’t want to visit three out-of-state or farther-away programs. Don’t read into that, Miami fans: Dixon’s seen the Coral Gables campus and Sun Life Stadium enough to know what the ‘Canes have to offer.

The only school Rudolph (6-1, 185) currently lists as a definite on his fall official visit schedule is Alabama, though he’s closely considering a handful of other programs, including Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Miami, Ohio State and Vanderbilt.

Of the three favored schools Dixon and Rudolph have in common, each has already secured verbal pledges to sign from at least one receiver.

– Alabama got a commitment from heralded Cincinnati receiver Derek Kief.

– Miami locked up Langham and Miami Carol City’s Trayvone Gray.

– Lonnie Johnson and Terry McLaurin have already committed to Ohio State.

What’s more, Ohio State’s also pursuing Dwyer defensive back Shawn Boone, and Dwyer receiver Clint Stephens has Florida and Miami offers.

“I’d love to play with any or all of those guys,” Dixon said. “Like I tell the college coaches, I want to be surrounded by talent.”

ShareThis

Tags: Alabama recruiting, Clint Stephens, Florida recruiting, Johnnie Dixon, Miami recruiting, Ohio State recruiting, Shawn Boone, Travis Rudolph

Would LOVE both to go along with Langham.

We get Dixon and hopefully he gets in Rudolph's ear.

Regarding Cook,

he and kelvin are different type of backs and will fill different roles if he stays firm in his commitment. i personally believe cook is more talented though. taylor is mostly a between the tackles guy, he's already up to 220 before his freshman year, cook will bring an entirely different element that uf lacks with jones and taylor. so i could see where cook would get a nice load.[/QUOTE]

Isnt that what got Matt Jones sick?

Came across some info that uf is really recruiting rb joe mixon from cali and he will visit them for the ut game in september. Uf fans believe if db jamal adams commits to them he will help them get mixon and wr kd cannon . My point is if they some how land mixon would that help miami in the pursuit of cook and with uf recruiting guys like rudolph and cannon could that potentially help down the road with lane. Also kc is recruiting dixon to miami and told him he wants him at miami, dixon and rudolph are good friends and the staff has talked to dixon about signing him and randolph.

Advertisement
Turns out Coral Gables isn't Miami, so problem solved right? I know I'm full ****** being from Wisconsin and all, but even I know a difference between OT and CG.

Problem is that unlike other American cities there's not a huge distance between good areas and bad. Just drive from the Grove for 5 minutes down Grand Avenue or 5 minute northeast from Bayside. Or 5 minutes south from my childhood area off Old Cutler Road to Goulds.
Those areas make South Central Los Angeles look like Beverly Hills.

Regarding Cook,

he and kelvin are different type of backs and will fill different roles if he stays firm in his commitment. i personally believe cook is more talented though. taylor is mostly a between the tackles guy, he's already up to 220 before his freshman year, cook will bring an entirely different element that uf lacks with jones and taylor. so i could see where cook would get a nice load.[/QUOTE]

Isnt that what got Matt Jones sick?

I thought is was from seeing Denzel Perryman with his shirt off. Scared the white blood cells right out of his system.

Advertisement
Dalvin may very well stick with UF. But anyone who thinks his recruitment isn't going all the way to Signing Day is kidding themselves. And if Miami does make it to a BCS bid this year, all bets are off.

Turns out Coral Gables isn't Miami, so problem solved right? I know I'm full ****** being from Wisconsin and all, but even I know a difference between OT and CG.

Problem is that unlike other American cities there's not a huge distance between good areas and bad. Just drive from the Grove for 5 minutes down Grand Avenue or 5 minute northeast from Bayside. Or 5 minutes south from my childhood area off Old Cutler Road to Goulds.
Those areas make South Central Los Angeles look like Beverly Hills.

Have you been to other American cities? There are quite a few where good areas are a matter of blocks from really bad ones. St. Louis, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Richmond to name a few with which I am directly familiar. Relatively speaking Coral Gables is pretty well insulated and the areas around it are gentrifying quickly.

Advertisement
Dalvin may very well stick with UF. But anyone who thinks his recruitment isn't going all the way to Signing Day is kidding themselves. And if Miami does make it to a BCS bid this year, all bets are off.

Pretty sure Cook is a EE.

Advertisement
Back