Quick Notes On Cook, Dixon, Rudolph, and Phillips

Look regarding Phillips, he is the one of the most humble and honest kids. He is also very generous, but I'm not going to dive into specifics about him and his situation. For those saying he would be an issue for this team, the fact of the matter is he wouldn't be, he is straight business once he steps onto the football field.

Advertisement
Phillips has some stuff behind the scenes and some people close to him believe it would be in his best interests to get out of Miami

You all think he's the first kid from MDC to come from a surrounding with bad influences? One can make the arguement that it's actually better for him to stay in Miami because of it.

I'm curious....please make that argument.

Sure. He has a larger network of support at Miami...much larger. If Al gets any sense that the kid is getting in trouble, Al has a rolodex of local contacts/help in the community at his disposal. Conversely, if he went 5 hours north, if he really was the potential target that everyone says he is, you don't think gang bangers will make the trip up to Gville? The kid would be essentially on his own. that's my argument - I'm sure others have contrasting views on it.

Phillips has some stuff behind the scenes and some people close to him believe it would be in his best interests to get out of Miami

This, a lot of people have told me there was a point in time where it wasn't very safe for Phillips here in Miami

If it's THAT bad, then he won't be in college for long, he'll get in trouble anywhere he goes...

People were saying the same thing about Liuget, as an example. People swore up and down that this kid was being followed by big time trouble and that trouble will find him wherever he goes.

My heart goes out to the kid. I hope he is able to relocate and find some peace.

Sometimes this IS the best path.

Advertisement
Johnnie needs to think about how often he's going to see the ball thrown his way at Bama when they have a stud O-line and about 35 (slight exaggeration) hungry 4 and 5* RB's to feed.

Tragic for any WR to go to swamp scum. They have not really pass worth a crap since spurrier. You do not suddenly become a passing team. They have mostly run the QB for what success they have. That is even harder to turn into a passing game. We destroyed the OU whishbone and it took them forever to become a passing team. Ok, Bama runs but it also passes out of pro set and QB stays in pocket. None of these kids should be thinking swamp scum. They have what, one WR in NFL and one TE in prison. Those are not good odds. Any of these kids that go to swamp scum, will be watching whoever comes to THE U play on Sunday. Hopefully the TV will not be in a jail cell.

Advertisement

People are ******* stupid sometimes. Who would they rather look after him, Al Golden or a program with 48 arrests in 4 years?

People are ****ing stupid sometimes. Who would they rather look after him, Al Golden or a program with 48 arrests in 4 years?

Great point, you have to wonder with the combination of their history, the enviroment there and the close enough distance that people can drive to see him if they want why would you go there?

More than football if he chose Miami he will still b n miami, which means those problems still exist coaches cant control factors outside of football. We all want him at the U but its better for him to go. Dont need another incident like Bryan pata

People are ****ing stupid sometimes. Who would they rather look after him, Al Golden or a program with 48 arrests in 4 years?

How can you feel so strongly about a situation you know nothing about? Golden is not omnipresent or omnipotent -- depending on his situation, it may very well be better to leave.

Advertisement
Peter I know the story with Phillips and I even encouraged him to get the **** out of Miami...**** even the state of Florida because of his situation.

Those of you do not even know his situation as I stated in the thread when committed he is one player I think need to get out of Miami because of his situation. Don't be ****ting on the kid when you don't even know the story.

Those of you do not even know his situation as I stated in the thread when committed he is one player I think need to get out of Miami because of his situation. Don't be ****ting on the kid when you don't even know the story.

If it really is that bad I think he should honestly get out of Florida all around just to be sure that you'll be safe

Advertisement
I was told that the kid NEEDS to get out of Miami based on who he hangs around. Problem with that line of thinking, more often than not, kids like that usually find trouble wherever they go. And lets not pretend UF hasn't been a cesspool when it comes to kids getting into trouble.

Good idea because no one ever gets in trouble in Gainesville. That's definitely the school to attend if you're looking to avoid problems with the law.

Advertisement
Back