Quick note on wr’s

Advertisement
I try very hard to walk the tight rope. I don't want to buy the preseason hype like every season before only to be let horribly down by an underperforming team; however, I also don't want to come across as unsupportive of our guys by not being hyped--either one could be construed as "mope" behavior.

Can this team just put this **** to bed and show me the ******' money for once? Come on. I'd give my left nut for a 10-2 season. The bar is pretty low.

I try very hard to walk the tight rope. I don't want to buy the preseason hype like every season before only to be let horribly down by an underperforming team; however, I also don't want to come across as unsupportive of our guys by not being hyped--either one could be construed as "mope" behavior.

Can this team just put this **** to bed and show me the ******' money for once? Come on. I'd give my left nut for a 10-2 season. The bar is pretty low.
You would think that someone other than an elderly, retired Mark Richt would have been able to put together at least one other 10-win season.

I think we will see a team that is improved this year. But that is not saying much. Last year's **** season broke through the machine scraping the bottom of the barrel, hit bedrock, and kept drilling as if they had struck oil. So, an improvement is the lowest bar to be set in comparison.

It is not too much to ask for an 8-9 win season while blowing out the G5 and FCS teams and being competitive to the last possession against teams like Clemson.

I can't remember the last game we faced a team that was clearly better than us (2017 Notre Dame excluded and I don't think they were better) and we were at least competitive. That's been the biggest thorn in our sides. We always "play down to our competition" but seemingly never play at or above our level.

Advertisement
I was told that Colbie Young looks very good and faster. Jacolby has to be consistent because he is very good when on.
the fresh and Harrell are next level speed. I am still not sold on this room until I see it

lash lee's problem was he had one running play lol

I heard Dawsons offense looks great and recruits love it.

Get Colbie 1000 yards and we flip Smith.

Advertisement
I’ve heard from multiple people around UM the wr group is night and day better versus last year. More consistent and just a much better room. If you remember last year I was really down on the wr room after spring. There was many guys struggling picking up the system which was obvious as soon as the season started.

We all know this scheme will be much easier for them to make plays , get separation and better throwing windows for TVD. I’m on record saying I expect a big jump by the offense and wr improving is one of the reasons why.
Hey Cribby,
Opa Locka stands up
This is just a given, the offense and those wideout body languages were just comical last season.
Oh, the Offense Coach and WR Coach were one in the same go figure. LOL Gattis sux
Kevin Beard is 100X better-receiving coach than that Troll.

So do we have a certified go to wr?
Colbie would be my guess and X will be the safety blanket…..Jmo. I also think George takes a bit of a jump and Horton goes from nobody to a nice role guy. He’s been my breakout guy since early spring. Brashard was coming on before Tvd went down so hopefully they continue where they left off. He has pressure now with the Fr who’s arrived. It’s do or die for him.

Last edited:
Im high on the big 3 of Colbie, Ladson, Horton as big body wrs.
All 3 should factor in red zone offense. I want or im expecting 3+ tds by each of them if used right
Ladson is what he is but it would be nice if he could have a Langham type year. Just be a physical presence that makes some big catches in big moments. He doesn’t have to be something he’s not. Just give a positive contribution

Last edited:
Advertisement
Colbie would be my guess and X will be the safety blanket…..Jmo. I also think George takes a bit of a jump and Horton goes from nobody to a nice role guy. He’s been my breakout guy since early spring. Brashard was coming on before Tvd went down so hopefully they continue where they left off. He has pressure now with the Fr who’s arrived. It’s do or die for him.

Colbie -- Flashed then got injured, currently a GT AA
Restrepo -- Flashed then got insured, currently a GT AA
Brashard -- Actual tape where we see what he can do. Super inconsistent.
Harrell -- Legit ACC production while at Louisville, PROVEN game breaking skills.
Everyone else is a projection

The best thing about our WR group is the depth of competition. Colbie and Restrepo are almost certainly going to be mainstays provided they stay healthy. I still think Harrell, not the Juco kid, beats out George for the other starting spot. And Ray Ray, Brashard and Robby are all going to rotate in a lot. especially the first two. I don't really see a large snap count for Horton (this year) or Ladson (ever), tbh.

Advertisement
Awkward Season 1 GIF
They can't be worse than last year right?

Ladson is what he is but it would be nice if he could have a Langham type year. Just be a physical presence that makes some big catches in big moments. He doesn’t have to be something he’s not. Just give a positive contribution
he lowkey had started to do that about mid szn im hoping he can just do the same.

A 30 catch , 3+ td szn would be really good this year. **** he had 27 catches last szn...from MTSU to Duke he was good.

Advertisement
Back