Quick note on wr’s

Cribby

All-American
Premium
I’ve heard from multiple people around UM the wr group is night and day better versus last year. More consistent and just a much better room. If you remember last year I was really down on the wr room after spring. There was many guys struggling picking up the system which was obvious as soon as the season started.

We all know this scheme will be much easier for them to make plays , get separation and better throwing windows for TVD. I’m on record saying I expect a big jump by the offense and wr improving is one of the reasons why.

Advertisement
Advertisement
TVD seems to thrive more in a simplistic offense with fewer reads. I believe if he can get his confidence right at the start of season he could put up some good numbers with our WRs. We do have some weapons..maybe not justin Jefferson & Jamar Chase level. But drake Maye put up with UNC wrs and they seemed like trash to me.

Advertisement
Yawnnn been hearing this the last 10 years every offseason lol let’s once the pads come on
Oh really? Were you too busy yawning last offseason when I said the wr’s were struggling, dropping balls, having issues with the playbook and not getting separation ? How about when I said “the season could very easily go off the rails with a couple injuries ……We were paper thin”.

I can’t win, last year I had people arguing with me because i was too negative, if I post positivity I’m selling rainbows or “ I’ve heard that for years“.

Last edited:
Simplicity and pace? Yes. Not as much pace. Dawson will choose his moments but nowhere as fast as Lashlee.
I was told that Colbie Young looks very good and faster. Jacolby has to be consistent because he is very good when on.
the fresh and Harrell are next level speed. I am still not sold on this room until I see it

lash lee's problem was he had one running play lol

I heard Dawsons offense looks great and recruits love it.

Oh really? Were you too busy yawning last offseason when I said the wr’s were struggling, dropping balls, having issues with the playbook and not getting separation ? How about when said the season could very easily go off the rails with a couple injuries ? I can’t win, last year I had people arguing with me because i was too negative, if I post positivity I’m selling rainbows or “ I’ve heard that for years“.
gattis was a cancer. good luck Maryland

Advertisement
I was told that Colbie Young looks very good and faster. Jacolby has to be consistent because he is very good when on.
the fresh and Harrell are next level speed. I am still not sold on this room until I see it

lash lee's problem was he had one running play lol

I heard Dawsons offense looks great and recruits love it.
Games is when it matters but guys not putting the ball on the ground and having much better understanding of the playbook is a positive. Especially after how bad things were last offseason. How you practice matters.

Yawnnn been hearing this the last 10 years every offseason lol let’s once the pads come on
I think the only difference is we actually saw it with THIS quarterback as well as King before him under Lashlee so I am hoping that if this offense is more similar to that than what we saw last year, we may revisit similar results we saw in 2020 and parts of 2021.

Advertisement
Oh really? Were you too busy yawning last offseason when I said the wr’s were struggling, dropping balls, having issues with the playbook and not getting separation ? How about when I said “the season could very easily go off the rails with a couple injuries ? We were paper thin”.

I can’t win, last year I had people arguing with me because i was too negative, if I post positivity I’m selling rainbows or “ I’ve heard that for years“.
they are being pushed now. more depth.

TVD seems to thrive more in a simplistic offense with fewer reads. I believe if he can get his confidence right at the start of season he could put up some good numbers with our WRs. We do have some weapons..maybe not justin Jefferson & Jamar Chase level. But drake Maye put up with UNC wrs and they seemed like trash to me.
Over simplification. TVD is fine and makes reads, and not only just first reads. Gattis system was the slowest developing offense ever contrived and our oline was porous as ****. So TVD struggled. Tvd will have highest mental test scores at combine, bet on it. He has one of the quickest releases bet on it.

Give the kid an oline and quick developing offense and get out of his way. I think Dawson will.

Advertisement
Back