Quick note on wr’s

Advertisement
Oh really? Were you too busy yawning last offseason when I said the wr’s were struggling, dropping balls, having issues with the playbook and not getting separation ? How about when I said “the season could very easily go off the rails with a couple injuries ……We were paper thin”.

I can’t win, last year I had people arguing with me because i was too negative, if I post positivity I’m selling rainbows or “ I’ve heard that for years“.
Porsters suffering from MSS...

Miami Sucking Syndrome...

Is this the year we see improvement.....

Advertisement
Homie, you gotta learn to ignore these NPCs. This site is full of them.
I should but it’s not that big of deal. I just keep hearing what ” other insiders said “ when this is my thread and I didn’t say that last year. I don’t get the point of saying that . It’s like coming in a meteorology thread and saying all the other weathermen were wrong last year on a weather prediction even though this particular weather man was right lol. If I’m wrong guess which weatherman’s thread they’ll be bumping to talk noise ? It won’t be the other guys lol.

X is another one. We missed him bad after he went down. He’s the grown up in the room and just knows how to get open and cause separation. He just knows how to play the position and has a good connection with Tyler.
X better bring his A game because what’s coming behind him is …lol

Glad @Cribby said it. I posted this yesterday.

IMG_3166.png

Yawnnn been hearing this the last 10 years every offseason lol let’s once the pads come on
Except there is every reason to expect an increase in WR production: a revamped OL that will actually allow the QB time in the pocket; a WR friendly offense; a healthy Restrepo; more speed in the WR room; Colby Young with a year of experience; and play designs that wont have 3 WRs running within 5 yds of each other (still blows my mind when I see those stills showing all the WRs in a small area in the middle of the field!).

Advertisement
Is it a great group? Nope, but there’s talent and different skill sets. Same with rb and te. Imo the skill guys are dramatically better.
ray ray and Robbie are different athletes than what we have had. colbie has responded to the s&c.
Mark Fletcher looks like a beast. I know people dont think he has elite speed but he doesnt get caught from behind either.

I understand fan caution. My expectations in 2022 were that the three amigos would go off. Brinson had 99 receiving yards, George had 130 and Smith had 308. Words can't describe how badly our pass/catch game was last season.

All that said, this is a very different team, especially on offense. And when you look at the depth, the level of athleticism, the quality of the OL, the change in schemes, I think there's a reason fans should be optimistic.

Restrepo will be TVDs second read and will be money like Berrios was a few years back. And I do hope Colby Young is the #1 we've all be hoping for since Rambo left (I would argue since A Richards got hurt). But what really excites me are the new faces. Personally, I think Harrell and Ray Ray are going to make game winning plays for us this season.

Advertisement
ray ray and Robbie are different athletes than what we have had. colbie has responded to the s&c.
Mark Fletcher looks like a beast. I know people dont think he has elite speed but he doesnt get caught from behind either.
Colbie looked good at the spring game, especially his size and how he trimmed the fat down through the S&C. At his size and length, he's an automatic 7 yards every time he catches the ball. He always falls forward and smaller CBs wil have a hard time tackling him.

First play on O vs Miami (OH).

Who are Miami's starting receivers?

Restrepo and Young for sure (IMO). Not sure who is the third. I'd lean towards George but personally wouldn't mind seeing Harrell.

The real question is who are Miami's starting receivers v. A2M, as well as v Ga Tech (start of ACC play). I expect Dawson will shake things up. I also expect he'll rotate receivers a lot.

Does Colby have day 1 potential, or is his ceiling more rd 2-3?
Think it’s too early to tell. But from a production stand point. He could do what a Kevin White did.

Juco 1 year

1st college year
KW: 35rec 507yards 5 TDS
CY: 32rec 367yards 5 TDS

2nd College Year
KW: 109rec 1447yards 10 TDS
CY: TBD.

Kevin White didn’t have the size of CY but ran 4.3. So if Colby puts up a 70 Rec 1000 yards 10+ TD and is able to get his speed 4.4-4.5 think there’s potential there. But I think we get an idea after 1-2 games.

Advertisement
Think it’s too early to tell. But from a production stand point. He could do what a Kevin White did.

Juco 1 year

1st college year
KW: 35rec 507yards 5 TDS
CY: 32rec 367yards 5 TDS

2nd College Year
KW: 109rec 1447yards 10 TDS
CY: TBD.

Kevin White didn’t have the size of CY but ran 4.3. So if Colby puts up a 70 Rec 1000 yards 10+ TD and is able to get his speed 4.4-4.5 think there’s potential there. But I think we get an idea after 1-2 games.
Agree, good comp. Plus Quentin Johnston went RD 1 with a 4.5 at his pro day lol and Colbie got 2 inches on him. NFL still loves big body WRs

Agree, good comp. Plus Quentin Johnston went RD 1 with a 4.5 at his pro day lol and Colbie got 2 inches on him. NFL still loves big body WRs
Also not saying CY and KW are the same player. Just that I could see similar paths/scenarios if everything works out. CY also had a much better first season. CY really only played in half a season and in a Josh Gattis offense.

KW played that full year.

The other piece is that who was the OC for Kevin White? Shanon Dawson

Advertisement
Back