Quick note on wr’s

Advertisement
Harrell flashed at Louisville and then played 6 games and caught two passes at Alabama. He has 22 career receptions in four seasons. Restrepo caught 21 passes last year alone.

Harrell showed big play ability (on 18 catches) during one season at Louisville but I'm not depending on a guy who's been injured and/or ineffective for most of his career to be anything more than an occasional big play threat. He's a nice extra piece to have but he's the least consistent guy of anyone who's actually played so far.

Why do you handicap Harrell but not Restrepo, who was also injured? I get the 6 vs. 21 catches. But Harrell was not fully recovered when he came back from injury and he was buried in the depth chart. They could afford to sit him. Meanwhile, Miami was subbing in Restrepo for the day jobber we picked up from the one-legged school for the blind. He had no one to compete against.

If you're not depending on a guy who's been injured, then you're not depending on Chaney, Nelson, Arroyo, Chase Smith, James Williams, and several other rotational guys who have the same background. I understand, many of them won't pan out. You absolutely could be right. But personally I believe the talk that Harrell is running like an "Olympian" in practice, and I definitely buy the value of a vertical threat in a Dawson offense. We'll see. I hope I'm right.

Advertisement
Why do you handicap Harrell but not Restrepo, who was also injured? I get the 6 vs. 21 catches. But Harrell was not fully recovered when he came back from injury and he was buried in the depth chart. They could afford to sit him. Meanwhile, Miami was subbing in Restrepo for the day jobber we picked up from the one-legged school for the blind. He had no one to compete against.

If you're not depending on a guy who's been injured, then you're not depending on Chaney, Nelson, Arroyo, Chase Smith, James Williams, and several other rotational guys who have the same background. I understand, many of them won't pan out. You absolutely could be right. But personally I believe the talk that Harrell is running like an "Olympian" in practice, and I definitely buy the value of a vertical threat in a Dawson offense. We'll see. I hope I'm right.
It wasn’t 6 catches. It was 6 games for Harrell and 2 catches. I’m aware of his speed and his big play potential. I’m just not relying on a guy who has played in 20 games over 4 years. By comparison, Don Chaney, who I don’t trust to stay healthy at all has played in 14 games over 3 years. There’s guys who get injured and miss time and there’s guys who miss more games than they play in.

There’s a place for Harrell in the offense, at best it’s WR3 but I’m leaning more towards WR 4 or 5. If he catches 15 passes for around 300 yards, it’ll be a success.

Advertisement
Ivins said that he heard from someone that there's a chance that Robby Washington could play DB at UM...

^ on the 247 Recruiting pod
He’s always had intriguing upside at cb. Quick feet and great hips. He also plays more physical than you’d think. D$ all though he has “no sources” mentioned this months ago in the Bank.

He’s always had intriguing upside at cb. Quick feet and great hips. He also plays more physical than you’d think. D$ all though he has “no sources” mentioned this months ago in the Bank.
Has UM had 2 brothers start on the same side of the ball before?

Advertisement
TVD is still here so until he’s gone X is going to be the primary WR and likely has an amazing season if he can stay healthy. Also, the route tree in an Air Raid offense suits X even more. The key is who will step up in the slot if X can’t stay healthy.

Tank Dell had 109 receptions and I can legit see X getting near that number if he doesn’t go down.

Advertisement
Of all the WRs George has the most upside
I've read this hype a lot on here. It reminds me of Jeremiah Payton. Like, why? Not flaming or attempting to argue. Just curious & apparently clueless.

TVD is still here so until he’s gone X is going to be the primary WR and likely has an amazing season if he can stay healthy. Also, the route tree in an Air Raid offense suits X even more. The key is who will step up in the slot if X can’t stay healthy.

Tank Dell had 109 receptions and I can legit see X getting near that number if he doesn’t go down.
He doesn’t really attack the middle of the field unless he has to and doesn’t trust the guys outside or they aren’t good so i don’t think X will have the most targets even tho he will get alot because he’s in the slot.

I think his main target will be colbie or jacolby, tank dell was on the outside alot and the entire offense was built around him plus him being an elite college route runner. I don’t think we have that level of player so I doubt anyone will be at 109 catches, the leading guy probably will be at 35-50.

He doesn’t really attack the middle of the field unless he has to and doesn’t trust the guys outside or they aren’t good so i don’t think X will have the most targets even tho he will get alot because he’s in the slot.

I think his main target will be colbie or jacolby, tank dell was on the outside alot and the entire offense was built around him plus him being an elite college route runner. I don’t think we have that level of player so I doubt anyone will be at 109 catches, the leading guy probably will be at 35-50.
Tank was a route-running assassin lol what a receiver he is.

Advertisement
Back