Question on Moten

anyone else think Jelani Hamilton is a bust???? or still to early to tell?

Nah man. Injury bug has held him back. If he was healthy the whole time and still unable to crack the 2 man rotation then , ok. Not the case

Advertisement
Allen Bailey was productive in 09 and 10... Forston had a strong 2010 campaign... I think he had like 13 tfl's... Our defensive line was solid as a whole in 2010... Ojomo was productive as well... That being said, expecting Jowy Bosa type production as a true freshman is unfair...

Allen Bailey was productive in 09 and 10... Forston had a strong 2010 campaign... I think he had like 13 tfl's... Our defensive line was solid as a whole in 2010... Ojomo was productive as well... That being said, expecting Jowy Bosa type production as a true freshman is unfair...

Good call on Allen Bailey

I agree. His freshman year that ACL from senior yr of high school really impacted what he could contribute. And I believe he hurt his knee last yr if I recall correctly. This year should be the first we can really see what a healthy Jelani offers as long as he does get reinjured.

Nah man. Injury bug has held him back. If he was healthy the whole time and still unable to crack the 2 man rotation then , ok. Not the case

Advertisement
I agree. His freshman year that ACL from senior yr of high school really impacted what he could contribute. And I believe he hurt his knee last yr if I recall correctly. This year should be the first we can really see what a healthy Jelani offers as long as he does get reinjured.

He really needed to red shirt. I won't call him a bust until he has a full year of healthy football. It is trending that way, though.

Moten came a LONG way in one season.

He was more DE sized as a junior but he bulked up something fierce. Never wanna pin our hopes on DTs too early, but he should get in the mix extensively by next season.

Moten will play early. His size and great coaching he received at STA will get him on the field quickly. Doubt he redshirts.

Didn't seem to work for Hamilton.
He didn't play as a true freshman?

He barely plays NOW. lol

Right.

Up until now, he's a been a JAG. But, I will say that DL (esp DT) usually have to wait until their 3rd/4th year in the program before making a splash.,

I've seen that happen with a lot of kids. I think it took Jimmie Jones at least three years, and I don't remember Sapp becoming exceptional until his junior year. If I'm wrong about Sapp, tell me.

Advertisement
Hamilton probably should've shirted either his first year or last year.

This. I do not understand why he played a single snap. I know the reasoning from Golden was "depth" but the kid barely played at all. Worst of both worlds. No redshirt, no impact. Would like his chances much better if he had that extra year.

Moten will play early. His size and great coaching he received at STA will get him on the field quickly. Doubt he redshirts.

I can't recall if Hamilton played as a freshmen, but I know he didn't make any plays.

Hamilton had a safety against NCState his Frosh year. Haven't heard anything since except that he puts away I've cream sandwiches like nobody's business.

Advertisement

I can't recall if Hamilton played as a freshmen, but I know he didn't make any plays.

Yes he played as a freshman and had a safety / sack..... Nevermind just saw above post

He's right about where I thought he'd be after watching his high school tape.

IMO his tape wasn't very good so his current "progress" doesn't strike me as a surprise.

Bosa isn't a surprise. You watch his high school tape and he looks like a man amongst boys. He ragdolls every body.

Who is the last D lineman that had an impact at UM like Bosa did at any point of the last several years?

Wilfork.... It's been a while.

Forston, Vernon and Marcus Robinson actually had very productive freshman seasons. For various reasons none ever fully delivered on their potential after that though.

Indeed.

However, the scheme we ran back then made it easier for young D-linemen to make an impact.

Advertisement
Perhaps Jelani would make more of a splash if he would spend more time working his craft and less time tweeting about how he was sitting in his room eating 11 ice cream cookies.

Hamilton probably should've shirted either his first year or last year.

How many years in a row do we have to say this? At what point do guys get on the field when they are ready? That was one of the biggest criticisms of Randy yet its still going on.

Moten is very good with his hands. He does a great job of punching and shedding which is important in our defense.

The last true frosh to play meaningful minutes was Forston, and before him Pata.

Advertisement
Back