Question for the fire Manny crowd

Matt Campbell. What he has done over the last few years at one of the most abysmal P5 programs in the country has been insane. He owned Tom Herman the entire time he was at Texas, beat Oklahoma twice (once in Norman), and embarrassed Mario and his team of 4/5*s in last year's bowl game. His players always show up in big games, no matter who they play. He is doing this with mostly 2/3* players. Absolutely would kill it here imo. Only concern is, I've heard he is a bit of a tight ***.
Campbell is a tight *** because he never get ****ed in the *** like our coaches. all our recent coached have Aholes as big as Texas because they got raped in the *** without the Vas by top 10 teams (other than ND). Fvck them.

Advertisement
Campbell is a tight *** because he never get ****ed in the *** like our coaches. all our recent coached have Aholes as big as Texas because they got raped in the *** without the Vas by top 10 teams (other than ND). Fvck them.
if you ever get a job on ESPN, i will never miss a show or game you are on ! LOL !

Leaving aside the fact that barring a monumental collapse it's not going to happen, and not saying it's the right or wrong thing, who would you want to replace him? Serious question.

Lashlee? Is he ready? Is he even head coach material?

Someone like Robinson because you like his energy in video clips?

Simpson because he's a gray beard who's paid his dues?

Another up and comer at a smaller school, like Al Golden?

Saban ain't walking through that door. Meyer ain't walking through that door. Venables ain't walking through that door.

So who?
No one off a staff that you had to fire for starters. Fickell has to be on the list, but I can't see him leaving the Midwest, especially now that Cincy is moving up to the Big 12. I guess you test his resolve to wait for Ohio State. Can't see Campbell leaving either. I like Clark from UAB. I'd at least see if any of the NFL coordinators like Brian Daboll or Bienemy are interested, though they may be waiting for an NFL head coach gig. Cristobal feels a lot like Richt in 16... he would stabilize a lot of things and help push the program forward, but I am not sure what his ceiling would be. Richt's floor was impacted by his refusal to find his son another gig. His floor would be higher, especially if he gets a good staff in place.

Leaving aside the fact that barring a monumental collapse it's not going to happen, and not saying it's the right or wrong thing, who would you want to replace him? Serious question.

Lashlee? Is he ready? Is he even head coach material?

Someone like Robinson because you like his energy in video clips?

Simpson because he's a gray beard who's paid his dues?

Another up and comer at a smaller school, like Al Golden?

Saban ain't walking through that door. Meyer ain't walking through that door. Venables ain't walking through that door.

So who?
If manny was gone I don’t think anyone in there right mind would want any of our current coaches to become HC of Miami

Advertisement
TBF…the big12 recruits at a g5 level other than Texas and OU..but I won’t take anything away from how he’s developed those players in that program..but as with other coaches we’ve do similar things at lesser programs with lesser expectations, it doesn’t usually translate at bigger programs who need to recruit against better comp..there’s no sure fire coach other than the guys at the top of the sport
If I was the AD my criteria would be a HC that's done it at two programs. Show me someone that's had repeatable success - even if it's at the G5 level.

I've seen too many young, up-and-coming G5 high flyers fizzle out when they get their P5 gig.

Advertisement
No but they wouldn't have lost to FIU, Duke, La Tech and been turned into the corpse of Mack Brown's ***** either.
Well I get that, and I not saying that manny isn’t to be blamed or even let go. But it’s been like this for 20 years now with multiple coach’s. at some point you got to put it on the players to. Losing to FIU is on the players more then the coach’s…not at all comparing manny to belichick, but belichick was run out of Cleveland goes to NE with Brady and is considered the best coach of all time.

Advertisement
Our BoT needs to bring in an excellent candidate for firing 3-4 years after replacing Manuela.

#FireEverybody

Give me Kiffin or give me death
Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Advertisement
No one off a staff that you had to fire for starters. Fickell has to be on the list, but I can't see him leaving the Midwest, especially now that Cincy is moving up to the Big 12. I guess you test his resolve to wait for Ohio State. Can't see Campbell leaving either. I like Clark from UAB. I'd at least see if any of the NFL coordinators like Brian Daboll or Bienemy are interested, though they may be waiting for an NFL head coach gig. Cristobal feels a lot like Richt in 16... he would stabilize a lot of things and help push the program forward, but I am not sure what his ceiling would be. Richt's floor was impacted by his refusal to find his son another gig. His floor would be higher, especially if he gets a good staff in place.
I'd look for an NFL coordinator.
It's how it all started.
Ever seen an NFL playbook? Of course college players couldn't absorb it, but we could out scheme an ACC coaching staff..

Short List.
No idea if they would be interested, but inquire.

Bill O'Brien, Alabama OC
- former Houston Texas HC, Penn State HC, New England Patriots OC

Hugh Freeze, Liberty
- former Ole Miss HC, so familar with $EC.
- carries baggage of serious recruiting and academic violations, personal scandal.

Billy Naiper, Louisiana
Bill Clark, UAB
- both are southern guys

Matt Campbell, Iowa State
Luke Fickell, Cincinnati
- both are midwest guys and may be waiting at future B1G jobs

Probably No:
Mario Cristobal
-- the opportunity to buyout his contract at Oregon has likely passed, unless he has a 'my dream job is Miami' clause reducing the buyout. If there is such a clause he's on the short list.

NO:
Greg Schiano
Lane Kiffin
Art Briles
Did take the Lane train in a heartbeat

Advertisement
Back