Question for our fans

LuvLipzHalCrazVishCRob

Redshirt Freshman
Do people really think it's acceptable about not being able to win more than 6 games next year? If so do you give Golden a pass for not doing so or do you think he's the wrong guy for the job? Also why the heck should it be acceptable for us not to win 6 games when we still have better talent than a majority of the ACC?

Advertisement
It won't be acceptable in 2013. Next year with all the Juniors leaving this year, it is going to be a rough year.

even with young talent we should win 8 games next year. We have excellent football players at most positions: two solid qbs, a very good Clements and an experienced James with the Duke coming in at rb, some nice building blocks at wr in Hurns and Dorsett with some nice freshmen coming in, Walford is a stud, a very talented Oline, Chik/Porter/Darius Smith and young up and comers like Ricardo/Grimble/Pierre at DL, Ramon/Perryman(star)/and a slew of young talented lbs already there and arriving, two stud safeties returning with some experience at cb but a lot of young talent on the way...and a solid special teams unit?

No way this team should win less than 8 games next year. Notre Dame sucks, BCC sucks, UVA is improving but winnable, Duke sucks, UNC will be with a brand new staff and sanctions so they are up in the air, NC State is above average, USF is mediocre, GT is a one trick pony, and BC is garbage.

even with young talent we should win 8 games next year. We have excellent football players at most positions: two solid qbs, a very good Clements and an experienced James with the Duke coming in at rb, some nice building blocks at wr in Hurns and Dorsett with some nice freshmen coming in, Walford is a stud, a very talented Oline, Chik/Porter/Darius Smith and young up and comers like Ricardo/Grimble/Pierre at DL, Ramon/Perryman(star)/and a slew of young talented lbs already there and arriving, two stud safeties returning with some experience at cb but a lot of young talent on the way...and a solid special teams unit?

No way this team should win less than 8 games next year. Notre Dame sucks, BCC sucks, UVA is improving but winnable, Duke sucks, UNC will be with a brand new staff and sanctions so they are up in the air, NC State is above average, USF is mediocre, GT is a one trick pony, and BC is garbage.

Not sure if serious.

this is exactly what I have been saying. we should win 7 to 9 even with the scrubs we got now. the acc is horrendous.

Advertisement
I'd love to be wrong but we're going to take lumps next year. The defensive backfield is a mess, James and Clements are nice players but nothing special on the offensive side of the ball and the WR's are all young. Yeah the ACC blows but when has that helped us in the past? We have some good building blocks but I'm not seeing all of this talent everyone else does.

I'd love to be wrong but we're going to take lumps next year. The defensive backfield is a mess, James and Clements are nice players but nothing special on the offensive side of the ball and the WR's are all young. Yeah the ACC blows but when has that helped us in the past? We have some good building blocks but I'm not seeing all of this talent everyone else does.

Dorsett, Hurns, Duke Johnson, Clements, Clive Walford should be our big time weapons on offense next year.

Do people really think it's acceptable about not being able to win more than 6 games next year? If so do you give Golden a pass for not doing so or do you think he's the wrong guy for the job? Also why the heck should it be acceptable for us not to win 6 games when we still have better talent than a majority of the ACC?

Please explain the part in bold. Thanks.

It won't be acceptable in 2013. Next year with all the Juniors leaving this year, it is going to be a rough year.

Agree. We are breaking in a new qb and lost several juniors and now have very few quality senior contributors. I think we play as many young players as possible and get them ready to make noise in 2013.

Advertisement

Yeah based on what? Up to this point we are middle of the pack ACC.

My take on it is that he needs to find a way to scrape out 7 wins. I know about the departures and whatnot, but we need to win 7 games. We suck, but so does the ACC.

this

Next year is going to be a long year, as a team we will struggle but we will see a lot of individual players do above average, guys like chick, Perryman, Dorset and duke will have a big year with a lot of big plays, we just won’t win many game, similar to this year. 2013 is a completely different story. I can’t even imagine the monster Perryman will be in 2013

My take on it is that he needs to find a way to scrape out 7 wins. I know about the departures and whatnot, but we need to win 7 games. We suck, but so does the ACC.

7/8 wins should be the expectation. This will be the 2nd year with the revamped S&C program, weeding out the dead weight, and instilling a new attitude. Now we need to see Golden hitting on some of his evals to start getting some wins.

Advertisement
VT does well every year with 2-3* guys. Golden has to show that he can coach these guys up and we'll be fine.

VT does well every year with 2-3* guys. Golden has to show that he can coach these guys up and we'll be fine.

VT has Bud Foster, and has had him for years. When you have a head coach and an assistant coach on the same staff for a long time you can do **** like that because its obviously working. Thats why VTs defense is always very good and their offense still sucks. Coach D has some corchin to do.

Advertisement

Exactly. Our results show that we don't talent. I dgaf what Rivals, scout, or ESPN said they were in high school.

This is great news! I was worried we were going to have Armstrong and Vaughn start again. Who are the two returning studs?

BC is such a garbage team, we ended the season well with a victory over them.

Truth is we are rebuilding, from the ground up. This is going to take a little while.

Advertisement
Back