Question for our fans

Sorry it took so long to respond. Yeah, I do think we have two studs at safety. Armstrong may be oversized but he is still a terror against the run.

OBviously injuries are always the concern, but with guys like:

Chik, Perryman, Ramon, Porter, VT,Finnie,Gunter,Armstrong, and Grimble on D and

Clements, Hurns, Warlord (my nickname for him), Seantrel, Linder, Bunche, and the Duke (plus two qbs with starting experience)

I think only FSU and Clemson rival us in talent.

Golden had a pretty talented AND experienced roster this year and we only won 6games.

Advertisement
We do not have "more talent than the majority of the ACC". This isn't 2001.

If you compared the number of draftable players from Miami vs draftable players from every team Miami played you'll see that Miami was just as good or in most cases better. People with agend's cry about talent but nuetral observers/ people who get paid to look at these things see thing differnetly. Watch when the nfl draft comes around.

agreed. I watched a NFL mock draft and I counted in the first three rounds:

-Miller
-Washington
-Spence
-Streeter
-Forston (not joking)

and that doesn't count guys like

-Vernon
- Horn
-Jacory
-Gunn
-Benji
-Byrd

who could all get drafted late/and or conceivably be on an NFL roster by August 2012

VT does well every year with 2-3* guys. Golden has to show that he can coach these guys up and we'll be fine.

it took those guys a ton of time to setup their program where they could win without getting super studs...we can't expect similar results in year 2.. i expect we will have a similar season to this past one..if we get a few breaks and a few things go our way then i think we can get to 8 w's.. if not.. then we won't get there

Our team stinks. Very little experience and even less depth than last year. It will be a long year.

This is laughable. We always overrate our players and underrate our opponents. It took 7 weeks before our fans would acknowledge that the Kansas State loss wasn't an upset. We're delusional. We went 6-6 in a terrible conference.

If we win 6 games next year I won't be the slightest bit surprised. The loss of all these rats going to the NFL is really going to hurt.

even with young talent we should win 8 games next year. We have excellent football players at most positions: two solid qbs, a very good Clements and an experienced James with the Duke coming in at rb, some nice building blocks at wr in Hurns and Dorsett with some nice freshmen coming in, Walford is a stud, a very talented Oline, Chik/Porter/Darius Smith and young up and comers like Ricardo/Grimble/Pierre at DL, Ramon/Perryman(star)/and a slew of young talented lbs already there and arriving, two stud safeties returning with some experience at cb but a lot of young talent on the way...and a solid special teams unit?

No way this team should win less than 8 games next year. Notre Dame sucks, BCC sucks, UVA is improving but winnable, Duke sucks, UNC will be with a brand new staff and sanctions so they are up in the air, NC State is above average, USF is mediocre, GT is a one trick pony, and BC is garbage.

Advertisement
Do people really think it's acceptable about not being able to win more than 6 games next year? If so do you give Golden a pass for not doing so or do you think he's the wrong guy for the job? Also why the heck should it be acceptable for us not to win 6 games when we still have better talent than a majority of the ACC?

Not again with this crap!!!

Advertisement
Back