Question for our fans

Truth is we are rebuilding, from the ground up. This is going to take a little while.

This.

Quality Seniors have left early for the draft. We are unproven at just about all positions and we are FAR behind other teams in terms of strength and conditioning. We don't have depth and our most exciting offensive player is finishing up High School right now!

Golden is rebuilding from the ground up. This team will be menacing when this years freshmen become Juniors and Seniors, but until then, enjoy the process.

Advertisement
It's going to be tough with all the players leaving and players getting the boot. I however think that both Vernon and Streeter leaving early is going to hurt the team. Streeter is the only bright side from the Miami North ENtitlement class that came in.

If you look at the holes in Randy's recruiting, its 2013 where we will be the weakest. That doesnt bode well for the Canes program for the next TWO YEARS.

It's going to be tough with all the players leaving and players getting the boot. I however think that both Vernon and Streeter leaving early is going to hurt the team. Streeter is the only bright side from the Miami North ENtitlement class that came in.
Nah, Spence was great here...greater than Street. I wish he would have had the support (better players) around him that he deserved.

Advertisement
8 should be an achievable goal

7 or better is what I am thinking. Not that being a Canes fan I find 7 wins acceptable; however, I am a realist with the situation. Sanactions could change a lot, so I am at 7.

Nah, Spence was great here...greater than Street. I wish he would have had the support (better players) around him that he deserved.

yea man, street had one good year, spence balled out for four. its weird how spence had a completly different mind set than some of the others like AJ and forston

I see either 7 or 8 wins.

W:

BC
USF
Either VT or FSU
Duke
NC
BC
NCST
GT

L:

ND
Virginia
Either FSU or VT
KSU

LuvLipzHalCrazVishCRob

Who the **** is Lipz? BTW, I see you homes, I see you.

Advertisement
The ACC was butter soft this year and the team went 6-6. Next years team will have less talent and experience. No reason to think next years team will fare any better than last years.

Why can't this be a good offense?

morris
james/duke/clements
hagens
dorsett/thompkins/lewis
hurns/scott/waters
walford/dye/cleveland
seantrel
wheeler
linder
feliciano
bunche

He gets a pass in my book as long as he is bringing respectability to the head coaching position. Shannon did a number on the program in a number of ways. I blindly follow my team, so I was with Randy till the ship went down, but looking back, and hearing reactions from the media, and from local coaches about the way he neglected his duties really upsets me. Golden, on the surface seems to be repairing both those bridges. As long as he's able to coherently relay information to the media and keep the programs nose clean, I am willing to give him the duration of his contract. If at that point we look back and have been mediocre, then we move on.

Advertisement
This is some quality troll work here. Fella set it up on a plate for yall and then just disppeared LOL

He gets a pass in my book as long as he is bringing respectability to the head coaching position. Shannon did a number on the program in a number of ways. I blindly follow my team, so I was with Randy till the ship went down, but looking back, and hearing reactions from the media, and from local coaches about the way he neglected his duties really upsets me. Golden, on the surface seems to be repairing both those bridges. As long as he's able to coherently relay information to the media and keep the programs nose clean, I am willing to give him the duration of his contract. If at that point we look back and have been mediocre, then we move on.

I would of agreed with this statement had the whole Nevin Shapiro thing not happened. Randy did a good job trying clean up the program. He cut ties with coaches he knew were involved and even tried to challenge a major booster at a porgram which doesnt have tons of big-time booters. Randy's on-field performance was pathetic but had someone else been hired (like a Houston Nutt) and Nevin was granted more access to the players, we would be in ALOT more trouble right now!

Do people really think it's acceptable about not being able to win more than 6 games next year? If so do you give Golden a pass for not doing so or do you think he's the wrong guy for the job? Also why the heck should it be acceptable for us not to win 6 games when we still have better talent than a majority of the ACC?

Please explain the part in bold. Thanks.
Exactly. Our results show that we don't talent. I dgaf what Rivals, scout, or ESPN said they were in high school.

talent wasn't Miami's issue. Miami had just as good or better talent than every team they played last year. The way in which Miami lost 3 games leaves some serious question marks about this staff and Golden. He needs to prove he can improve as a HC in coaching/game planning/in game aspects and show he can bring in impact players in 2012.

Advertisement
I'd love to be wrong but we're going to take lumps next year. The defensive backfield is a mess, James and Clements are nice players but nothing special on the offensive side of the ball and the WR's are all young. Yeah the ACC blows but when has that helped us in the past? We have some good building blocks but I'm not seeing all of this talent everyone else does.

Dorsett, Hurns, Duke Johnson, Clements, Clive Walford should be our big time weapons on offense next year.

Based on projections? Based on potential? We've been down that road before. Dorsett, Hurns,Clements and Walford all made a few plays here and there and hopefullly will improve. But none of them showed to be game changers or difference makers. That's just it. We have a roster full of ok,sometimes good players. We have no true game changers. No kid(s) that we can ride their backs to victory.

When we were winning we had a roster full of studs. We now have a orster mostly full of duds. The record reflects as such.

My take on it is that he needs to find a way to scrape out 7 wins. I know about the departures and whatnot, but we need to win 7 games. We suck, but so does the ACC.

My feelings as well. I like Morris's potential and feel our OL could be strong. The defense has to find a way to improve for this team to win games, and I feel like with another year to develop we should be better. The ACC is mediocre at best and we get FSU and VT at home next year so hopefully we can win 1 of those games.

even with young talent we should win 8 games next year. We have excellent football players at most positions: two solid qbs, a very good Clements and an experienced James with the Duke coming in at rb, some nice building blocks at wr in Hurns and Dorsett with some nice freshmen coming in, Walford is a stud, a very talented Oline, Chik/Porter/Darius Smith and young up and comers like Ricardo/Grimble/Pierre at DL, Ramon/Perryman(star)/and a slew of young talented lbs already there and arriving, two stud safeties returning with some experience at cb but a lot of young talent on the way...and a solid special teams unit?

No way this team should win less than 8 games next year. Notre Dame sucks, BCC sucks, UVA is improving but winnable, Duke sucks, UNC will be with a brand new staff and sanctions so they are up in the air, NC State is above average, USF is mediocre, GT is a one trick pony, and BC is garbage.

This sounds just like Caniac's schtick. I'm clicking ignore. Can someone check his IP address?

I'm willing to accept us taking plenty of lumps during the season. But if we're eligible please, please, win the bowl game.

Advertisement
Back