Question for our fans

our veterans, and best players will mostly be sophomores

VT and Ray Ray are gonna be seniors, I think

Morris, the likely starter, will for the first time be THE man.

Miller, oh yeah, he gone.

I'm not gonna be a Golden apologist, but I don't see how anybody can expect 8 wins. *We have almost no veteran leadership.

We are going to lose what 6, 7, 8 guys to the NFL draft that would have been seniors.

The O line should be OK, as long as Seantrel can stay healthy, but the QB is questionable, Mike James will be our feature back, because I Duke won't be ready to carry the whole load, yet.

Who are our linebackers? *Who will make any plays in the secondary? *Who will make any plays on the D Line? *Freshmens and sophomores....

Who will be our #1 WR? *Is Glue Feet Johnson coming back? *

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Corch can win 7 games in year 2 with underclassmen, Golden should be able to win 8 at the minimum.

If Morris is the starter, WHY IN THE **** DIDN"T HE PLAY THIS YEAR? The season was over, fin, done, after the VT loss so there was no reason whatsoever to continue to play Jacory.

If Golden knew we were going to have to start Morris in 2012, IMO he is criminally negligent for losing with Jacory in 2011.

I better not here "But..we got a new QB" as an excuse next season.

We do not have "more talent than the majority of the ACC". This isn't 2001.

If you compared the number of draftable players from Miami vs draftable players from every team Miami played you'll see that Miami was just as good or in most cases better. People with agend's cry about talent but nuetral observers/ people who get paid to look at these things see thing differnetly. Watch when the nfl draft comes around.

Advertisement
If Morris is the starter, WHY IN THE **** DIDN"T HE PLAY THIS YEAR? The season was over, fin, done, after the VT loss so there was no reason whatsoever to continue to play Jacory.

If Golden knew we were going to have to start Morris in 2012, IMO he is criminally negligent for losing with Jacory in 2011.

Even with all that said, it's not like Morris is some babe in the woods. He played extensively during his freshman year, started a game last year and played a bit against FSU. That's more playing time than most back-ups on a team with a perpetual starter like Jacory. Plus I'm assuming he got some run with the first teamers last off season as well b/c he was in a battle for the starting job. There's no excuse for Morris to play like an inexperienced rookie next year.

Even with all that said, it's not like Morris is some babe in the woods. He played extensively during his freshman year, started a game last year and played a bit against FSU. That's more playing time than most back-ups on a team with a perpetual starter like Jacory. Plus I'm assuming he got some run with the first teamers last off season as well b/c he was in a battle for the starting job. There's no excuse for Morris to play like an inexperienced rookie next year.

I'm really hoping Golden has another plan, and that's why Morris saw limited action. I really think we are fin with him.

If you compared the number of draftable players from Miami vs draftable players from every team Miami played you'll see that Miami was just as good or in most cases better. People with agend's cry about talent but nuetral observers/ people who get paid to look at these things see thing differnetly. Watch when the nfl draft comes around.
I'm talking about next season. Which players on the 2012 roster do you think will be "draftable" next year? I can pretty much guarantee every other ACC team has just as many.

We did have some talent on the team this year but our depth was paper thin. It's not like our entire roster suddenly becomes pro bowlers simply because they have an orange and green "U" on the helmet.

Advertisement

I'm talking about next season. Which players on the 2012 roster do you think will be "draftable" next year? I can pretty much guarantee every other ACC team has just as many.

We did have some talent on the team this year but our depth was paper thin. It's not like our entire roster suddenly becomes pro bowlers simply because they have an orange and green "U" on the helmet.

You may have a point for 2012 but how many draft eligible or draft ready players did shannon have his second year? He won 7 games with freshman and sophmores playing major roles.

As far as depth, again...Miami's depth was just as good or better than every team they played. BC started a true forsh ss (spencer rostino) and DT (max recci) and another redshirt DT (dominic appaih). who backed them up? They started true frosh cb's (manny asprilli and al luios jean) who backed those guys up when the normal starters were injured? They still beat sorry 2-10 maryland. **** vs Maryland they started a true frosh wlb (sean duggen) who barely played in any other games if he even played at all.

You act like all these teams we played this year had super crazy depth when in fact Miami's was just as good or better in most cases. VT had a bunch if guys hurt aginst us (DT's, LB's etc) those back ups (in some cases third string) sucked but they still won the game 38-35.

I hope Golden turns this thing around as much as the next guy but to think he's beyound reproach is just stupid. I was expecting this guy to come in and be a huge coaching upgrade. wrong.

Last edited:

You may have a point for 2012 but how many draft eligible or draft ready players did shannon have his second year? He won 7 games with freshman and sophmores playing major roles.

As far as depth, again...Miami's depth was just as good or better than every team they played. BC started a true forsh ss (spencer rostino) and DT (max recci) and another redshirt DT (dominic appaih). who backed them up? They started true frosh cb's (manny asprilli and al luios jean) who backed those guys up when the normal starters were injured? They still beat sorry 2-10 maryland. **** vs Maryland they started a true frosh wlb (sean duggen) who barely played in any other games if he even played at all.

You act like all these teams we played this year had super crazy depth when in fact Miami's was just as good or better in most cases. VT had a bunch if guys hurt aginst us (DT's, LB's etc) those back ups (in some cases third string) sucked but they still won the game 38-35.

I hope Golden turns this thing around as much as the next guy but to think he's beyound reproach is just stupid. I was expecting this guy to come in and be a huge coaching upgrade. wrong.
I agree with you on a couple of points:
1. No coach is beyond reproach, including Golden. I don't agree with every single move he's made (case in point, bringing Kehoe back) however I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for at least 3 season, just I like I did with Shannon. Once he has a roster full of "his guys" the excuses have to stop (although it's worth mentioning that most coaches do not have to deal with pending NCAA sanctions which obviously impact recruiting). But for now I have faith that he knows what he is doing. I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but what he accomplished at Temple is nothing short of miraculous. I trust that he knows a lot more about football than a bunch of yahoos on an internet message board, including myself.
2. We should have beaten BC. No excuse for playing so lousy in that game.

I continue to disagree with you on the depth issue and the Maryland game. We had 8 players suspended on top of a roster that lost many key players to the NFL draft, and at that point in the season the players were in the thick of the Shapiro sh*t storm. It's not entirely unreasonable to think they may have been a bit distracted. And the VT game actually supports my point about depth -- their 2nd and 3rd string players are simply better than our 2nd and 3rd string players at this stage (and likely better than our starters at some positions), yet to Golden's credit he had us one play away from beating them.

even with young talent we should win 8 games next year. We have excellent football players at most positions: two solid qbs, a very good Clements and an experienced James with the Duke coming in at rb, some nice building blocks at wr in Hurns and Dorsett with some nice freshmen coming in, Walford is a stud, a very talented Oline, Chik/Porter/Darius Smith and young up and comers like Ricardo/Grimble/Pierre at DL, Ramon/Perryman(star)/and a slew of young talented lbs already there and arriving, two stud safeties returning with some experience at cb but a lot of young talent on the way...and a solid special teams unit?

No way this team should win less than 8 games next year. Notre Dame sucks, BCC sucks, UVA is improving but winnable, Duke sucks, UNC will be with a brand new staff and sanctions so they are up in the air, NC State is above average, USF is mediocre, GT is a one trick pony, and BC is garbage.

After watching Stanford last night and looking at their execution and physicality........we are 4 years away from sniffing anything.

we are boyz to their men.

Our program is a mess of the highest order.

Advertisement
Just wait till you see how much Miller will be missed.

Remember all those third/fourth and ones James got smacked down behind the LOS on? He went down like Marvis Frazier on important short yardage situations.

Well, they will be bringing it around town again next year!

At least we will not have to watch Jacory any more. That's a good thing.

Just wait till you see how much Miller will be missed.

Remember all those third/fourth and ones James got smacked down behind the LOS on? He went down like Marvis Frazier on important short yardage situations.

Well, they will be bringing it around town again next year!

At least we will not have to watch Jacory any more. That's a good thing.
You could plug pretty much any running back into that situation and the results will be the same. You can't fault the running back for getting hit behind the line of scrimmage. That's on the OL, TE, and potentially the FB.

I agree with you on a couple of points:
1. No coach is beyond reproach, including Golden. I don't agree with every single move he's made (case in point, bringing Kehoe back) however I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for at least 3 season, just I like I did with Shannon. Once he has a roster full of "his guys" the excuses have to stop (although it's worth mentioning that most coaches do not have to deal with pending NCAA sanctions which obviously impact recruiting). But for now I have faith that he knows what he is doing. I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but what he accomplished at Temple is nothing short of miraculous. I trust that he knows a lot more about football than a bunch of yahoos on an internet message board, including myself.
2. We should have beaten BC. No excuse for playing so lousy in that game.

I continue to disagree with you on the depth issue and the Maryland game. We had 8 players suspended on top of a roster that lost many key players to the NFL draft, and at that point in the season the players were in the thick of the Shapiro sh*t storm. It's not entirely unreasonable to think they may have been a bit distracted. And the VT game actually supports my point about depth -- their 2nd and 3rd string players are simply better than our 2nd and 3rd string players at this stage (and likely better than our starters at some positions), yet to Golden's credit he had us one play away from beating them.

Your notion that VT's 2nd and third teamers are better than Miami's (in some cases the starters) is based on what? VT was hurt up the middle vs Miami and they fully took advantage of it.

Watch. Miami's starting 22 vs MAryland will have more players drafted than Marylands starting 22. I'm talking about draft ready players right now. Watch.

Advertisement
Back