Question about the potential of next years offense

Totally agree.

But then again I eat my boogers and don’t Velcro my shoes when I go outside

Advertisement
Looked back to 2013 season (that’s as far back as the site went). It looks like 2018 is the first time Alabama ranked in the Top 20 offensively during that span.

Here you go

As far as SEC teams with top 20 offenses during Richt time as HC.

#18 Ole miss
#19 LSU

#18 Auburn

#9 LSU

#3 Florida
#11 LSU
#13 Arkansas
#15 Kentucky

#4 Florida

#9 Arkansas
#10 Florida
#17 Auburn

#7 Auburn
#17 Arkansas
#18 Alabama

#15 Arkansas
#17 LSU
#20 Alabama

#5 TAM
#12 Alabama

#7 TAM
#12 Georgia
#13 Auburn
#14 Missouri
#17 Alabama

# 15 Alabama
#17 miss st

#8 ole miss

In Richt’s entire time as HC how many times has his offense ranked in the top 20?
Look that up and tell me again why his system is not a problem

We ranked #2 last year you say.....well that was despite his offensive system and not because of it.
we were ranked in the top 20 for 10 games in 2017. Any other questions? Then the injuries were too much to overcome.

we were ranked in the top 20 for 10 games in 2017. Any other questions? Then the injuries were too much to overcome.
8yearolds.gif

Offense won't be hurting for talent, and neither will the defense.

DL
Jackson
Ford
Garvin
Silvera
Rousseau
Miller
Patchan
Bethel
Harvey
Blissett
Williams
Muñoz
Holley
Martin

LB
Quarterman
Pinckney
Finley
McCloud
Joyner
Jennings
Steed
Wilder
Huff
Brooks
Solomon

DB
Bandy
Carter
Ivey
Smith
Hall
Blades
Frierson
Bethel
Knowles
Couch
Brownlee
K. Smith

Advertisement
CMR calling plays and using his playbook was good enough to get us to #2 a short year ago before the volume of significant injuries to playmakers made it impossible for our pedestrian QB to overcome.

This is the scary perspective and logic I hear all the time and no doubt is used inside the Hecht. There are countless examples of coaches who had recent 'success' yet continue to evolve.

You seemingly don't acknowledge the incredible bounces we had go our way (and home games) to get that cup of coffee at #2 in '17, and then don't acknowledge plain evidence our offense is missing half a dozen elements seen in almost every successful offense.

If your standard is incremental improvement from what we saw this year, I'm guessing we'll see some improvements in '19. If you have a higher standard - like production matching our talent advantages relative to our opponents - I think you'll be disappointed.
Great post bro, the problem is the typical fa. Doesn't understand football schematics, so they just say because the offense scored some points here and there then it can't be the play caller...but look deeper and you see so many flaws in Miami offense schemactially..the offense has never consistenly move the ball in 3 years, its either bomb or bust and this year was more bust...as long as richt is calling plays this offense will continue to suck I don't care who's at qb...

Offense won't be hurting for talent, and neither will the defense.

DL
Jackson
Ford
Garvin
Silvera
Rousseau
Miller
Patchan
Bethel
Harvey
Blissett
Williams
Muñoz
Holley
Martin

LB
Quarterman
Pinckney
Finley
McCloud
Joyner
Jennings
Steed
Wilder
Huff
Brooks
Solomon

DB
Bandy
Carter
Ivey
Smith
Hall
Blades
Frierson
Bethel
Knowles
Couch
Brownlee
K. Smith

1544342146071.gif

KNOWLES?
1544341915951.gif

This is Knowles talent level

Advertisement
If every player executes on every single play we might crack the top 60 on offense

If our OLine was capable of doing what Richt asked them to and was properly taught how to block a stunt, we could score 40+ points a game. Assuming the WRs catch the **** ball.

Our offense is below average because player's arent executing. It's even more trash because we continually put them in the same predicaments instead of their strengths. This 30 year old offense would work if he stopped calling the same plays 8 times a game for 4-6 games of the year with zero variation. He also sucks at getting his players to execute which is the biggest problem.

Problem with continually blaming players for continually not executing is coaches ineptitude as well as the players. With a completely new offensive coaching staff I see a lot more potential than shown with this staff.. Sadly that is not going to happen so expect same results. The few Richt lovers left will continue to blame just the players even though the vast majority are now Richt recruits.

Advertisement
Back