Question about the potential of next years offense

Advertisement
LOL our offense is worse next year? Really? Perry or Williams as our starter is a upgrade over Rosier. Lingard, Davis and Deejay are a three headed beast. George had one year to get ready. Our WR have a off season to get their crap together and if we land Hasselwood, he would be a starter right away. Jordan and Mallory with another offseason are going to be monsters for defenses to have to deal with. Our OL is a weak point but so was it this year. If we left Perry in VA and let him take his lumps there is no doubt that we don't lose at Duke and maybe not even at Virginia.

And let me reiterate this once more, every team on the 2019 schedule is going through their own struggles and their struggles make ours look like a minor pit stop. I will be putting money on the hurricanes going 9-1 or better...easy money.
I sincerely hope you're right. But remember that the Hurricanes were favored to win every game at the beginning of the season. But we do have all those great new recruits...

Offense last 2 years
- Going into last year we knew we had a stud at RB and no depth - Lose our stud early
- Coming in this year - had a stud at WR but no depth - lose our stud early AND apparently the second best WR was a headcase AND the injuries at TE were also tough

Advertisement
The offense doesn't have to be anymore than average. The schedule for 2019 is pathetic. The only real team we play is Florida. Our defense will shut down 95% of the teams we play next year (Central Michigan, Virginia, VT, GT, Pittsburgh, Duke, Louisville, Fla St. and North Carolina) which means our offense just needs to score more than 21 points in a game. Without Richt falling back on his best friend Rosier next year he will have to ride Perry or Williams which will result in more confidence for either player. And with Lingard, Davis, and Deejay along with Jordan in the passing game, we should be able to score 21 points even if Richt is calling the plays.
21 points is asking a lot from this o

How many f'ucking threads are we going to have about Richt and his staff, sucking? What the f'uck is happening on this board? I get it! Richt sucks; his staff sucks! These points have been discussed and debated ad nauseam.

CIS is not perfect by any means. However, it is the best thing running for Canes info, and has been for quite some time. I beg of you, quit contaminating the board with seperate threads that are discussing the same topic, which is,.....Richt Sucks (I agree)!

No, I am not the thread police, nor do I care to be. However, I would love to come home from a good/hard day of work and come to this site to find valuable info, without having to sift through a bunch of the same redundant ****, which is more than likely, ****, that is being spewed by grown men who....
1. Has a wife/girlfriend, but can't get ***** (she's f'ucking another guy)
2. Unsure about his sexuality, which is why his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
3. Needs his mother to tell him that everything is going to be okay, becuase his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
4. ..is not a grown man, but is a little *****, who has weekly "get together's" at the mall or some random skating parks to discuss Richt sucking, because he heard his father talk about it amongst his work buddies. Clearly his father has nothing else to do, due to the lack of ***** that he was receiving at home, because his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.

I am all for dialogue that is of substance. Being in your feelings, because your ***** has not been licked in a while, is another matter.

Get *****, or go get your ***** licked!

Sooooo.... You're saying you like *****? Or...???

I'm a firm believer that the injuries to key players on offense and ****** QB play are the main contributors to this teams troubles.

I don't buy the "five decades old playbook with 3 plays" bull****.

CMR calling plays and using his playbook was good enough to get us to #2 a short year ago before the volume of significant injuries to playmakers made it impossible for our pedestrian QB to overcome.

That said next year this team should be very solid.

Barring a ton of injuries do you have faith in Perry as both a QB and a leader?

I see flashes of a great QB out of him and I'm shocked at how good a runner he is considering he's not particularly quick. Seems to have great vision and instincts.

Off the field he's clearly immature not concerned at all that people see it.

It must be tremendously difficult for a coach to mold someone like Perry into a consistently good QB on the field.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
OL line has been awful for 2 -3 years, we lack explosive strength period. notice when Urban said good bye
the first person he commented on was S&C coach Marrotta and how keeping him was so important to success

I'm a firm believer that the injuries to key players on offense and ****** QB play are the main contributors to this teams troubles.

I don't buy the "five decades old playbook with 3 plays" bull****.

CMR calling plays and using his playbook was good enough to get us to #2 a short year ago before the volume of significant injuries to playmakers made it impossible for our pedestrian QB to overcome.

That said next year this team should be very solid.

Barring a ton of injuries do you have faith in Perry as both a QB and a leader?

I see flashes of a great QB out of him and I'm shocked at how good a runner he is considering he's not particularly quick. Seems to have great vision and instincts.

Off the field he's clearly immature not concerned at all that people see it.

It must be tremendously difficult for a coach to mold someone like Perry into a consistently good QB on the field.

In Richt’s entire time as HC how many times has his offense ranked in the top 20?
Look that up and tell me again why his system is not a problem

We ranked #2 last year you say.....well that was despite his offensive system and not because of it.

Advertisement
If Berrios was on the team this year, UM has at least two more wins. He bailed Rozier out repeatedly. He had great hands, blocked above his weight class and ran great friggin routes. *Edit* I forgot to add he wouldn't have muffed a punt inside the 20 yrd line nor pouted about anything. <cough> Thomas <cough> <cough>.

Knuckle head players getting suspended or not living in the film room didn't help this year either. I agree mostly, OP. Having receivers repeatedly drop passes, running backs fumble multiple times in a game and THE WORST FRIGGING PUNTING GAME I'VE EVER SEEN tend to result in losses. This team will be better next year.

What did our offense rank last year?

Richts teams and Miami in general play better with a Chip on their shoulder.

Coming out of camp, the reports swirling was that this team thought it was the next coming of 2001.

I think we see a nice turnaround next year based solely off the team being ****ed off and ready to prove themselves.

You really believe this ****??

Advertisement
In Richt’s entire time as HC how many times has his offense ranked in the top 20?
Look that up and tell me again why his system is not a problem

We ranked #2 last year you say.....well that was despite his offensive system and not because of it.

Looked back to 2013 season (that’s as far back as the site went). It looks like 2018 is the first time Alabama ranked in the Top 20 offensively during that span.

A good QB can mask a lot of coaching and offensive line problems.

This site has 247820398 threads devoted to Richt's coaching - and rightfully so - but there ought to be some clamoring for better QB play.

Good thing we’re loading up on them this cycle

Offense last 2 years
- Going into last year we knew we had a stud at RB and no depth - Lose our stud early
- Coming in this year - had a stud at WR but no depth - lose our stud early AND apparently the second best WR was a headcase AND the injuries at TE were also tough

Once we lost both TEs, we started winning again.

Advertisement
Back