Question about the potential of next years offense

Advertisement
Richts teams and Miami in general play better with a Chip on their shoulder.

Coming out of camp, the reports swirling was that this team thought it was the next coming of 2001.

I think we see a nice turnaround next year based solely off the team being ****ed off and ready to prove themselves.

Advertisement
We do this to ourselves season after season. Wait until next year. Wait until we have this guy in there. There is no reason to wait anymore. This team had the talent to win 10 or 11 games even with injuries and departures.

The Richt supporters will say next year will be better, but what if it isn't? If we improve a marginal amount on offense to be average will that satisfy the masses? I'm not going to be satisfied with that. Richt has shown proof throughout his three years here that he won't change, hence the offense won't change.

The offense wasnt good last year either.

It was effective, but an offense is only as good as its qb. Do you think that Rosier can seriously take the leap back that he did or it was something else? That perhaps for the first 10 games last year, Richt was able to mask his deficiencies but it was only a matter of time before there was enough video where someone would figure it out? It looks like Pittsburg was that team and everyone else has copied the blueprint. It was time to move on from Rosier, and Richt was hoping Perry would be that guy. Remember the consensus was that Perry would start as a freshman last year and never did. He was worked into the offense this year and eventually took over. I think Richt himself knows that he needed to move on but Perry also has to do his part and we saw a few weeks ago where Perry said he wasn't studying film earlier this year where has been doing it more now. I'm not excusing Mark's predictable play calling, or even the need for an O/C, but if our qb isn't doing his homework, it does hamper the offense and play calling.

The Richt supporters will say next year will be better, but what if it isn't? If we improve a marginal amount on offense to be average will that satisfy the masses? I'm not going to be satisfied with that. Richt has shown proof throughout his three years here that he won't change, hence the offense won't change.

While not necessarily being a "supporter" I do have to acknowledge he has been hampered by poor qb play. Look at Rosier this year and ask yourself how could be this bad but why wasn't he that had last year? Could it be that Richt was able to mask his inefficiencies, but eventually someone would figure it out? We weren't an offensive juggernaut last year but we were efficient and look how bad Rosier is. That has to show that Richt has some coaching ability. Perry a few weeks ago admitted he wasn't studying film, which he is doing now. If the qb doesn't know how to read a defense, our offense is certainly going to be limited. Perhaps that's Richt's fault for not realizing his qb was too immature. I'm not saying we're going to put up 40 points a game next year. Personally a head coach should be a CEO and let the O/C do the work. This is his specialty and head coaches are always involved in the game planning according to their area of specialty. However, I'm not ready to say the game has passed Richt by because of how we didn't know Rosier was this bad last year based on Richt's coaching.

It’s obvious we install some different stuff and adjust in the off season and we roll it out at the beginning of the year. As the season goes on and we play some teams with a pulse we get shut down because we don’t adapt throughout the season. This year, Aranda stifled is game 1 because he rolled out new stuff and we didn’t expect it or prepare for it. Richt thinks that 1 formation should be able to beat any coverage at any time and that doesn’t exist or coaches that are schematically superior wouldn’t be as valuable as they currently are. **** the best offense coach in the world right now, Sean McVay wanted to hire Kingsbury because he knew he would help adapt and stay ahead of the curve.

I hate the argument about the 2017 season. We were 2 fluke plays from being 8-3 in the regular season and not going to the ACC championship. We also had a few other games go our way that we easily could have lost (UNC, Virginia nearly ran away with the game, and Syracuse wasn’t pretty). This year the only difference was those games didn’t bounce our way and it rarely does. Expecting a repeat of the luck of the turnover chain in 2017 isn’t gonna happen and basing any argument on that is asinine. Our offense needs work and we need some analyst, OC, RGC, PGC or something to come in here and make adjustments. **** even if it’s James Coley laying out the first 2 or 3 drives of the game pre-scripted. Idc. We need something

Advertisement
I'm a firm believer that the injuries to key players on offense and ****** QB play are the main contributors to this teams troubles.

I don't buy the "five decades old playbook with 3 plays" bull****.

CMR calling plays and using his playbook was good enough to get us to #2 a short year ago before the volume of significant injuries to playmakers made it impossible for our pedestrian QB to overcome.

That said next year this team should be very solid.

Barring a ton of injuries do you have faith in Perry as both a QB and a leader?

I see flashes of a great QB out of him and I'm shocked at how good a runner he is considering he's not particularly quick. Seems to have great vision and instincts.

Off the field he's clearly immature not concerned at all that people see it.

It must be tremendously difficult for a coach to mold someone like Perry into a consistently good QB on the field.

Stop slurping and tell us more about your hatred for fat kids wearing Nike gear.

Advertisement
Glass 1/2 full says "potentially" it was bad enough this year to expect improvements. But, lately with Rickets, Murphy's law seems to prevail.

We shall see.

That's what I love about these devout Richtian cult members, these mf'ers BELIEVE bruh. They'll find any straw they can grasp on & they will not let go lol

Injuries? Brevin & Mallory wasn't injured until Va Tech, who was injured on the OL? RB group any injuries there beside Lingard who wasn't even playing? Ahmmon only played in 1 game & played minimally last year. Where were all these key injuries at vs LSU, UVA or BC?

It's always next year, until next year comes, then it's same excuses for the next year again...

Last edited:
We had an overwhelmingly large amount of turnovers in '17, but, what were our points off those turnovers? Abysmal. From the perspective of self scouting yourself, the question of whether or not your offense was productive enough last season to stand on its own should have been asked. Clearly, we didn't adjust much and it was answered quickly. It couldn't.

It wasn't much of a stretch to see that living off that type of turnover margin back to back seasons was going to be improbable. In hindsight, we can see that what happened this season on offense shouldn't be much of a surprise. We weren't handing the offense control of the game and getting them more at bats. They'd have to build and sustain drives. They couldn't.

Advertisement
How many f'ucking threads are we going to have about Richt and his staff, sucking? What the f'uck is happening on this board? I get it! Richt sucks; his staff sucks! These points have been discussed and debated ad nauseam.

CIS is not perfect by any means. However, it is the best thing running for Canes info, and has been for quite some time. I beg of you, quit contaminating the board with seperate threads that are discussing the same topic, which is,.....Richt Sucks (I agree)!

No, I am not the thread police, nor do I care to be. However, I would love to come home from a good/hard day of work and come to this site to find valuable info, without having to sift through a bunch of the same redundant ****, which is more than likely, ****, that is being spewed by grown men who....
1. Has a wife/girlfriend, but can't get ***** (she's f'ucking another guy)
2. Unsure about his sexuality, which is why his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
3. Needs his mother to tell him that everything is going to be okay, becuase his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
4. ..is not a grown man, but is a little *****, who has weekly "get together's" at the mall or some random skating parks to discuss Richt sucking, because he heard his father talk about it amongst his work buddies. Clearly his father has nothing else to do, due to the lack of ***** that he was receiving at home, because his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.

I am all for dialogue that is of substance. Being in your feelings, because your ***** has not been licked in a while, is another matter.

Get *****, or go get your ***** licked!

4. ..is not a grown man, but is a little *****, who has weekly "get together's" at the mall or some random skating parks to discuss Richt sucking, because he heard his father talk about it amongst his work buddies.
Not to hijack the thread, but now is a good time to remind everyone that next week's discussion of Richt sucking will be at the east entrance of Dolphin Mall at 6pm. Light refreshments will be available.

Advertisement
Back