Question about Jordan Travis

Is he eligible to return next year? I think he’s a senior but he might have that extra covid year deal. If he does they are going to be a sleep playoffpick next year.

larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm.gif

He's improved but he's still not very good

Advertisement
FSU ACC schedule is pretty dang weak next year. I think they miss Louisville, NC State, and UNC. ACC is garbage but it’s extra garbage if you don’t have to play any of those.

Advertisement
Remember our fans hoping they were good to start season and wanted them to win against LSU and were happy for them.. I remember..

I will never forget.. Some of the most disgusting things I have read on this board ever

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

We got fans campaigning for their jags as early entry draft picks as well.this sh-t is crazy to me...I guess the rest of the Bama nut huggers have made their way to tally.

Seriously wtf with that post. They have one good win this year and that was before lsu figured their **** out, let’s stop crowning them please, have they exceeded expectations? Sure, are they anywhere close to a title contender? No way
You dummies on here can’t accept that a program like FSU may have actually figured it out. The OP’s point is valid. norvell battled adversity early and is putting the pieces together. Hopefully Mario isnt as stupid and stubborn as so many of the fans here. We should try and replicate/ build a similar blueprint to improve our program. Realizing it takes time.

You don’t go from ****** to title contender in a year. It’s takes time. **** we had multiple threads on how Kirby sucked and would never get over the hump at Georgia every time the intelligent posters who weren’t sucked into the “tHeY sUCk aNd He’S a CoRcH” repetitive nonsense would mention Georgia was beginning to look good and recruit at the highest level.

FSU is on the right track. If they could recruit better would probably be a legit force. They could become relevant again and be a dark horse next year.

We need to catch up.

You dummies on here can’t accept that a program like FSU may have actually figured it out. The OP’s point is valid. norvell battled adversity early and is putting the pieces together. Hopefully Mario isnt as stupid and stubborn as so many of the fans here. We should try and replicate/ build a similar blueprint to improve our program. Realizing it takes time.

You don’t go from ****** to title contender in a year. It’s takes time. **** we had multiple threads on how Kirby sucked and would never get over the hump at Georgia every time the intelligent posters who weren’t sucked into the “tHeY sUCk aNd He’S a CoRcH” repetitive nonsense would mention Georgia was beginning to look good and recruit at the highest level.

FSU is on the right track. If they could recruit better would probably be a legit force. They could become relevant again and be a dark horse next year.

We need to catch up.
They won 5 games last year...what are we catching up to exactly?.

He’s a running back that will occasionally make a good throw. Any good defense will light him up.

Advertisement
It is what it is. Travis is ballin right now, and FSU is playing like a top 10 team at this point in the season. If he does come back, they’re easily a top 10 preseason team next year though. It’s just dumb homer-ism to think otherwise.

We all hate it, but we need to worry about us, get the right coaches here, the right players, and win our games next year. Mario needs to get this right.

They won 5 games last year...what are we catching up to exactly?.
Umm.. this year? They steamrolled us, beat LSU and could beat Florida. I’d consider that a good season.

What he’s done at FSU considering where the team was at is actually impressive. They were a horrible team when Norvell took over and because he didn’t win year 1 people said he was horrible. sound familiar?

They’ll be in a good position next year and should be relevant. If Mario gets us to the same point in year 3 I’ll be satisfied. If he has us competing for championships in years 4/5 I’ll be impressed.

It is what it is. Travis is ballin right now, and FSU is playing like a top 10 team at this point in the season. If he does come back, they’re easily a top 10 preseason team next year though. It’s just dumb homer-ism to think otherwise.

We all hate it, but we need to worry about us, get the right coaches here, the right players, and win our games next year. Mario needs to get this right.
Mario should have taken the patient approach. He came in and told people we had the talent to win in year 1. What he saw on greentree fooled him.

The truth is it was going to take a full rebuild. No quick fix was going to clean up the program. It was too far gone. All of the transfers are the sign of a real culture change. It’ll take a couple years but the results should be good if he hires and recruits at the level we expect him to.

They def overachieved. Think Travis made a lil jump that surprising. Along with the O-line which most thought was going to be a weakness.

Nobody on earth could have foreseen that our offense would be record setting BASURA
I beg to differ.

Many of us were deeply concerned before the season began about the offense that Mario and Gattis would be running.

Did anyone think that it would be all-time putrid? No. But there were legit concerns when Mario was hired, and then Gattis.

Advertisement
Umm.. this year? They steamrolled us, beat LSU and could beat Florida. I’d consider that a good season.

What he’s done at FSU considering where the team was at is actually impressive. They were a horrible team when Norvell took over and because he didn’t win year 1 people said he was horrible. sound familiar?

They’ll be in a good position next year and should be relevant. If Mario gets us to the same point in year 3 I’ll be satisfied. If he has us competing for championships in years 4/5 I’ll be impressed.
Uf isn't a good football team...they are us. We suck as well...they beat lsu in the first game I'll take lsu and the points now.

Again they won 5 last yr and lost to an fcs team. We steamroller them 2 years ago as well.
I'll say we are at the same level as us as a middling program but we recruit better. This is an honesly every hing had to go right year and they are staring at 4 losses. Like have u really watched their games?.

Miami with any body else at oc is at 7 or 8 wins just as this fsu team and that's with a fairly young roster and new head coach.

This is honestly fsu peak under Norvell. Playing back yard ball n lucked into sine wins

Uf isn't a good football team...they are us. We suck as well...they beat lsu in the first game I'll take lsu and the points now.

Again they won 5 last yr and lost to an fcs team. We steamroller them 2 years ago as well.
I'll say we are at the same level as us as a middling program but we recruit better. This is an honesly every hing had to go right year and they are staring at 4 losses. Like have u really watched their games?.

Miami with any body else at oc is at 7 or 8 wins just as this fsu team and that's with a fairly young roster and new head coach.

This is honestly fsu peak under Norvell. Playing back yard ball n lucked into sine wins
They’ll be a perennial 8 win team with the occasional 9-10 win season when their portal pieces hit. When they don’t, pain. Either way, unless their recruiting picks up, their model isn’t sustainable.

Advertisement

They hit a losing streak when they played the decent teams on their schedule.

LOL, Conman Cuckbo really did a number on FSU , took 2 coaches & 5 years to get em' to a bowl game. I'm looking forward to see the number He does on TAMU.

We need to catch up.
Have they figured it out, or is this like Manny's 8-3 year? Who knows. Even guys like Golden were able to get a 8 win season. Sustainability is the key. Sustainability comes from being able to recruit, which Norvell isn't doing all that well, even though he has by far the best record of any Big 3 School this year. Amazing how quick our fans are to crown any other program, but when Miami shows signs of life, it's always "I need to see more, before I make any pronouncements". Make it make sense.

Mario should have taken the patient approach. He came in and told people we had the talent to win in year 1. What he saw on greentree fooled him.

The truth is it was going to take a full rebuild. No quick fix was going to clean up the program. It was too far gone. All of the transfers are the sign of a real culture change. It’ll take a couple years but the results should be good if he hires and recruits at the level we expect him to.
Mario said throughout the offseason and coming into the season that we need to get to work. That is hardly the talk of someone that came into this with super high expectations. Our fans CHOSE to hear what they wanted to hear. Am I disappointed about this season? Yes, I thought that a competent program manager could get more out of this team than what Mario and this staff has, but I also didn't think the culture under Diaz was this bad. It's obvious that it was the inmates running the asylum, and years of that led to some awful habits.

The difference between what I thought this program could be Year 1 and what they are can be summed up in one word: GATTIS. Mario botched that hire badly. You get a better playcaller at the OC spot, I can tell you that odds are Miami is sitting at 7-8 wins right now, instead of 5. Miami beats TAMU, that probably doesn't lead to the hangover game the next week, and who knows what happens after that. I expected between 8-10 wins this year, and I can safely say that Gattis' nonsense has cost Miami at least 1-2 games so far.

Advertisement
Back