Question about Jordan Travis

Advertisement
People are allowed to be wrong about a prediction. Either way FSU will lose a lot of current players as factual so the odds they fall back a bit is good, especially considering their recruiting is pretty average. Whats most important is Miami getting its crap together and getting this OC hire right. We do that and anything FSpoo does is moot.

This year was a complete failure, and as fans I think we continue to project the “they’ll fall back” to make it easier on our minds…

I see the fall back predictions as the same “trust me this team doesn’t win 6 games” that I heard all season…

Portal is recruiting is recruiting is portal and Memphis Mike has used the portal very well.

Travis is the real deal , I’m not sure if he returns but if he does it doesn’t bode well for us in a rebuilding situation after this year especially at FSU.
We won’t have a battle hardened team for (2) years minimum and 4-5 years if we have our way in firing everyone in (2) years as we do regularly.

GOCANES

This year was a complete failure, and as fans I think we continue to project the “they’ll fall back” to make it easier on our minds…

I see the fall back predictions as the same “trust me this team doesn’t win 6 games” that I heard all season…

Portal is recruiting is recruiting is portal and Memphis Mike has used the portal very well.
The fall back concept is rooted in expected player losses. You can be wrong once and it doesn't automatically negate the next prediction. Their expected to lose 2 starting o lineman, 3 starting d lineman, McDonald, at least 1 receiver, their best safety, Bethune, and possibly Benson. That would be a lot to overcome. Have they done a great job with the portal ? Sure, is it sustainable ? Remains to be seen and I have my doubts.

The fall back concept is rooted in expected player losses. You can be wrong once and it doesn't automatically negate the next prediction. Their expected to lose 2 starting o lineman, 3 starting d lineman, McDonald, at least 1 receiver, their best safety, Bethune, and possibly Benson. That would be a lot to overcome. Have they done a great job with the portal ? Sure, is it sustainable ? Remains to be seen and I have my doubts.

Who is doing these player leaving projections? Actual analysts or the same Miami fans…”if they lose all their good players, they won’t be as good next year, trust me”

Advertisement
Is he eligible to return next year? I think he’s a senior but he might have that extra covid year deal. If he does they are going to be a sleep playoffpick next year.
You realize they lose most of their good players on D right. I mean an already terrible D is going to get worse.

Advertisement
I cant do that. I cant approach anything like that in life, just doesnt compute. I am going to always think more successful scenarios until it aint.

I don’t hate that outlook. I also can’t get annoyed anymore at those unwilling to give our highly paid staffs a pass for their ineptness.

I don’t hate that outlook. I also can’t get annoyed anymore at those unwilling to give our highly paid staffs a pass for their ineptness.

Optimism doesn’t mean giving a pass. His year #1 was a failure. But we know that those kind of seasons happen. They happen to the best. Many times it happens in year 1 and sometimes it happens after. Richt had two successful seasons considering where we were coming from. 9-4 and 10-3, bowl wins, division championship then he went 7-6. Matt Rhule went 2-10 and 1-11 in his respective first years at Temple and Baylor before winning at those programs. What matters now is what he does to rectify some of the reasons, whether it be a new OC and or an infusion of talent in key spots

Advertisement
Optimism doesn’t mean giving a pass. His year #1 was a failure. But we know that those kind of seasons happen. They happen to the best. Many times it happens in year 1 and sometimes it happens after. Richt had two successful seasons considering where we were coming from. 9-4 and 10-3, bowl wins, division championship then he went 7-6. Matt Rhule went 2-10 and 1-11 in his respective first years at Temple and Baylor before winning at those programs. What matters now is what he does to rectify some of the reasons, whether it be a new OC and or an infusion of talent in key spots

A start would be not embarrassing everyone that shows up to support the team tonight for the 5th straight time at home…

Jordan Travis is a poor man’s Steve Slayton or Eric Crouch, not a polished passer by any means, but can beat you with his legs. JT is a sub 60% passer, has a 1/1 or 2/1 passing TD/int, and most of his passes are determined pre-snap so he doesn’t have to go through his progression much.

Advertisement
Jordan Travis is a poor man’s Steve Slayton or Eric Crouch, not a polished passer by any means, but can beat you with his legs. JT is a sub 60% passer, has a 1/1 or 2/1 passing TD/int, and most of his passes are determined pre-snap so he doesn’t have to go through his progression much.

You can win a lot of games in college that way

Advertisement
Back