QUENTIN WILLIAMS COMMITS

Big time pick up by El Jefe, Coach Stroud & Patke!

This kid has a great long armed frame with high caliber athletic ability, testing numbers off the charts & produces on the field. Explosive quick get off & natural pass rushing skills with a high motor.

Mallard Creek is a school that produces D1 prospects every year, we were just trying to recruit the big 6'6 300+ DT Jordan Davis from there back in the 2018 class, he wound signing with UGA. Marquise Williams the QB we hated from UNC went there too. The HC of Mallard Creek I believe is actually from Ft. Lauderdale.

But this kid is physically gifted & with an offseason in the S&C program could come in right away next year & be in the DE rotation, definitely not a redshirt, he'll play as a True Freshman. Has crazy upside.

He reminds me of another Carolina pass rusher Melvin Ingram.

Welcome To The U 🙌🏾 !!!

HOLLYWOOD...coached me in high school. UM FAN...COACH P (Palmieri)finally sent us one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Had a busy day so just getting to it, but do want to clarify that he tested as a 93rd percentile athlete (essentially exactly the same as Phillips).

Still great. Just not quite 99th percentile. The Georgia edge (Nolan Smith) that signed this year and Josh Sweat are the two 99th percentile athletes I have.

That slight correction aside, his athletic testing has proven to be almost bust proof. It doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed to be All-Conference, but gives him a great shot, and does almost guarantee he will be a solid contributor.
:xvfmlqq:

Advertisement
Not going to attack you like the others. I understand the point you're trying to make. But, this is exactly where Miami needs to be focusing their recruiting resources. We aren't going to get a class filled with kids Bama and Clemson are after. We carry enough weight as a program that we should be able to beat out the rest of the teams for the cream of the crop second tier prospects.

We haven't been a top school for years, we don't play the bag game at a serious level. We need to have realistic expectations and find kids that we can actually get to Miami.

Agreed. What's funny is if this kid committed to UNC people would be crying about how the staff can't beat UNC for kids and how they can't recruit.

Advertisement
You want to give the credit to his position coach? Fine. Who cares? Ross Perot said it long time ago, as a CEO you are as good as the assistants you hire.
Nobody is crowning Manny Diaz. He hasn't coached a game yet. The majority of us want to give him a chance before start labeling him one way or another.

Last edited:
Agreed. What's funny is if this kid committed to UNC people would be crying about how the staff can't beat UNC for kids and how they can't recruit.

I'd hate to be that type of fan. In denial. We are focused on beating teams like UNC now for good prospects rather than chasing 5 stars so that a kid can't blame our lack of contact early for the reason he chose to go to a lesser program.

I'm really happy with the strategy. Confident we'll hold onto these kids. In a couple of years, after we've won some meaningful games. We can start competing with the big boys again.

I’ve been listening to Zach Smiths Podcast “Menace2Society”. Yes the same Ohio State Zach’s smith. He shares a lot of cool insight in recruiting, Florida and Ohio state days.

Reason for me saying that is in his pod cast Urban Meyer while at Ohio State used to tell his coaches pay close attention to kids Michigan State is recruiting (2 and 3*’s) especially on D, because Dantonio is excellent at talent evaluation. So he would make his staff reevaluate someone if Sparty got a commitment from one of those kids, especially if they are from the state of ohio

I think Manny and our staff is similar in that we do great at evaluating and offering kids ranked low or lower who should be four star players. And then other teams like Bama and Georgia swoop in and steal them.

Not sure why anyone still questions Mannys selection on D players

That’s really interesting, does he give good lectures on beating the **** out of your pregnant wife?

Advertisement
Every one of these threads follows the same formula.

The first few pages are all positive, then it starts. Some people aren't impressed by his ranking, others want you to know that the big schools didn't want him so we didn't really beat anyone out. A third group pops up talking about how he's ok, but the kid they really want is Player X because he's faster or stronger or more savage or has better hips or some sht. Whatever the case, half of CIS now agrees that while not a disaster, getting this kid is at least a low-grade failure in some way. This is now exactly the kind of player we don't want. We'll never be back with guys like this.

I literally just skip to the last page to see what stage we're at. Which is a waste of time if we're honest...I can just look at the page count to see how angry this kid is making CIS.

I'd hate to be that type of fan. In denial. We are focused on beating teams like UNC now for good prospects rather than chasing 5 stars so that a kid can't blame our lack of contact early for the reason he chose to go to a lesser program.

I'm really happy with the strategy. Confident we'll hold onto these kids. In a couple of years, after we've won some meaningful games. We can start competing with the big boys again.

Funny, but when we recruited these types of guys in the past, we were beating the "big boys" … on the field, not on some rating site. Isn't that the point?

Or do I have it backwards. Do we have to beat them on the field first before we can an automatic ratings boost for future recruits so we can compete with the "big boys" for the coveted recruiting title?

Welcome to the U, Quinton and fam! A great majority of our fan base is ecstatic that you chose to be a Cane. Just do your thing, work hard and keep grinding, the rest will take care of itself. Looking forward to you having a great career at this U!

Advertisement
Back