Quarterman

The fact that he has survived this long as a starter just shows how bare the cupboards are. I am sure he is a nice lad, and will make a very good manager or accountant or whatever, but its like watching a giant potato with rusty metal legs move around the field. He would have been a beast at Central Michigan.

Advertisement
16199"]
" Flag football. " LOL Didn't u play flag football in gym class back in both elementary/junior high school?
[/QUOTE]
No. We played touch football, mostly. I don't think we had flags. I think we might have on an occasion stuffed an old rag in our belt or waistband and called that a flag. When I went to college we had fraternity league football and I thought no that was two-handed touch. I went to visit some friends at UF and watched fraternity league football. They had specially-made flags that came off a belt you wore around your waist. First time I had seen flags made for flag football.

I don't get the criticism that Shaq is getting. Maybe right now he's not playing like Jon Vilma but he's still a very solid player on our defense. If he was the weak link then maybe but he is definitely not the problem on D. As fans we should focus our outrage at the things that will definitely make a positive impact for the team right away.

Apparently these coaches listen to Media. Manny gets criticized for kicking a field goal against Florida and then he goes for it in a similar situation against North Carolina. Dan is criticized for not playing enough receivers and then after North Carolina his press conference says that that was one of the big goals for the game. Right or not it's usually not a good thing to see coaches react this quickly to certain criticisms but since they're doing it we may as well be productive. I wouldn't be surprised if the next fourth-and-long situation we play a prevent defense and then of course the coach will come back there and talk about numbers or something like that saying that we should call that prevent defense as an excuse.
Somebody on YouTube isolated and broke down that 4/17 play. Pure confusion, guys not knowing what to do. Patchan didn't even rush. Wily old man Brown correctly knew he could catch us unprepared. Combination of poor coaching and inexperience and lack of communication. Inexcusable.

Coaches don't need to read this board or Degman to know they were unprepared. They should be chastened (whatever that means).

The fact that he has survived this long as a starter just shows how bare the cupboards are. I am sure he is a nice lad, and will make a very good manager or accountant or whatever, but its like watching a giant potato with rusty metal legs move around the field. He would have been a beast at Central Michigan.
Like this?

images (11).jpeg

Miami should start the following lineup:

DE Rosseau
DT Ford
DT Nesta when healthy
DE Garvin
WLB Finley
MLB Pinkney
Striker Amari Carter
CB Bandy
CB Ivey/Blades
S Hall
S Bolden

Shaq is not very good and most of us knew that a long time ago. In the off season people will cry about losing those 3 lbers, but we know it will not be a loss.

Like to see how Brooks, Huff, and all the incoming freshman look next year.

Advertisement
As long as I have been on this board usually posts don't shock me but the **** some of you have said regarding Shaq is straight up retarded. While I may I agree with some opinions, there is zero reason for this thread. Dude has put on for the U and has made plenty of great plays with more to come, on top of being a really good dude. Get the **** off the soap box fellas. Some of your lives really need some reconfiguration.

As long as I have been on this board usually posts don't shock me but the **** some of you have said regarding Shaq is straight up retarded. While I may I agree with some opinions, there is zero reason for this thread. Dude has put on for the U and has made plenty of great plays with more to come, on top of being a really good dude. Get the **** off the soap box fellas. Some of your lives really need some reconfiguration.

WE DISCUSS THE FOOTBALL TEAM HERE. YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN LEAVE.

Some of our D needs reconfiguring as well.

If you don't understand why Shaq gets his fair share of criticism here...its nothing of his own doing...but unfortunately, the sunshine crew on this forum and around 'Canes media have blown him up since Day 1. The Shaq/Pinckney/McCloud group was legit called the next Bermuda Triangle before they stepped on the field as freshmen.

His own dad was on this forum and never blew smoke up everyone's *** about his own **** son like some on here have done about the kid. I thought for a while that people failed to criticize Shaq because pops was on the forum, but even after pops left, fans just love to pound their chest about him.

As for Shaq. He's a good, All-Conference level player with some holes in his game, but he's consistently productive. He'll play in the NFL...but he's a bit limited athletically. The right DC could turn him into a really good role player coming downhill. The wrong DC or series of wrong DCs could have him out of the league in short order.

Advertisement
If you don't understand why Shaq gets his fair share of criticism here...its nothing of his own doing...but unfortunately, the sunshine crew on this forum and around 'Canes media have blown him up since Day 1. The Shaq/Pinckney/McCloud group was legit called the next Bermuda Triangle before they stepped on the field as freshmen.

His own dad was on this forum and never blew smoke up everyone's *** about his own **** son like some on here have done about the kid. I thought for a while that people failed to criticize Shaq because pops was on the forum, but even after pops left, fans just love to pound their chest about him.

As for Shaq. He's a good, All-Conference level player with some holes in his game, but he's consistently productive. He'll play in the NFL...but he's a bit limited athletically. The right DC could turn him into a really good role player coming downhill. The wrong DC or series of wrong DCs could have him out of the league in short order.

Idk man. On long runs up middle i always see shaq no where near the ball carrier cuz he somehow ended up on the backside leaving his gap assignment entirely

Somebody on YouTube isolated and broke down that 4/17 play. Pure confusion, guys not knowing what to do. Patchan didn't even rush. Wily old man Brown correctly knew he could catch us unprepared. Combination of poor coaching and inexperience and lack of communication. Inexcusable.

Coaches don't need to read this board or Degman to know they were unprepared. They should be chastened (whatever that means).
Stupidest Sh*t I've seen.....Jesus Christ...
No timeout to begin with...Then have your Nosetackle Stunt COMPLETELY out of the play....THAT'S the Garbage you come up with on such a Dire play??...Lol

Are we finally going to talk about his lack of athleticism or are we still in love with his interviews?

His lack of speed/coverage is a problem. Always out of position.

I also think his physicality is overrated. 3 years as a starter - name one big hit. Name one time he’s tee-d off on someone to the point where you thought “****, that’s a Miami LB.”

Seems like he’s a high character guy. That’s awesome (I mean that sincerely). But as a Miami LB, he’s not close to our standard.

Shaq and Pinck are good enough guys that will be role players in the NFL, hopefully—but are certainly not up to the level of the greats (Barrow, Smith, Armstead, Vilma, Williams, etc.) or even later-era guys like Beason and Perryman.

Glad both came back for their senior seasons, but really hoping both start playing with a little more intensity. Your knocks on Quarterman are valid and Pinckney seems more consumed with fashion, his car, his brand and his Instagram feed than he does balling out.

To that last point; really wish more guys would shut down their social feeds during the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some of our D needs reconfiguring as well.
Was this the topic of the thread? The topic of the thread was to **** on a good player, that has played every game since he has been here. Like caneinsider does though idiots post negative **** about a productive player that has played on good defenses. the caneinsider gurus have to make sure there is a thread about every player on the roster and why they are not an all time great. Its ridiculous.

It’s crazy how y’all turning on Shaq this man could have left for the NFL last year but he decided to stick it out and come back ...The other lbs been way worse (Pinckney Mccloud )

Miami should start the following lineup:

DE Rosseau
DT Ford
DT Nesta when healthy
DE Garvin
WLB Finley
MLB Pinkney
Striker Amari Carter
CB Bandy
CB Ivey/Blades
S Hall
S Bolden

Shaq is not very good and most of us knew that a long time ago. In the off season people will cry about losing those 3 lbers, but we know it will not be a loss.

Like to see how Brooks, Huff, and all the incoming freshman look next year.

I'm a Shaq fan and disagree with him not necessarily being up to standard. Nevertheless this line-up here is intriguing. We'd be small but gamey.

Advertisement
Back