Quarantine Series: The Player YOU Missed On

You got guys that came in their freshman season and actually looked the part, then for one reason or another just went meh.

Coley
McCord
Marcus Robinson
Muhammad
Armstrong
Chickillo
JT4

You put these guys on the early 2000 to 04 teams and they would've lived up to their potential. I'm not talking about the clear reaches of the likes of Highsmith and Rodgers. I'm talking about guys that came out of high school with the pedigree.

I'm pretty sure Brock could've used Coley or JT4 over Moore, Leggett and Beard. We got a thread on the recruiting board about WR we missed on supposedly but that is always the case around these parts. Guys think if player x had came here he would've done the same thing he did at school x. I would bet if most of these guys came and were sucked up by a horrible culture and pathetic schemes. They would've never been the player we see at the other program.

Marcus Robinson was a 1 or 2nd day pick. I SWORE! That man had one of the nastiest get offs. He could just B-line it right to the QB, taking the tackles inside shoulder!

Advertisement
Yeah, I heard politics in the MLB was bad. The NFL is worse. Chad Kelly hung around for how many years under the payroll of his uncles friends?
Brian hoyer is about to get another starting job lol..you can’t tell me there hasn’t been guys just as good since 2009 that deserve a real serious look and haven’t gotten because hoyer seems well like and respected. He not the only one but the best example off the top

Ray Ray wasn’t a bust tho..he had that Shapiro **** and missed like half that year then smartly bolted
I'm not saying he was a bust. I expected him to be an All American stud but you are right he dealt that suspension and then got kicked off before the 2012 season.

I'm sure we all have a player that we thought was going to be the next (insert any UM HOF'er here).

Who is the one player that you held near and dear (maybe, as a freshman), and then this player -- for one reason or another -- didn't pan out like you had hoped? And why?

I'm going with Tyriq Mccord(highlights). I thought guy was a 1st round pick based on his frame and aggression and twitch. Turns out, he wasn't the fastest or the strongest. And not many 240 pound lineman make an NFL roster.
In mannys defense he would of been a ******* monster. Golden had him covering receivers

Advertisement
I thought Jammi German was going to be Lamar Thomas, Horace Copeland and Kevin Williams all in one.

Dude was solid though.

Advertisement
Kaaya is Miami’s all-time leading passer.

His NFL potential may have been more limited than we thought, but he was excellent for Miami. It’s a shame he didn’t come back for his senior year.

I gotta say, I don't think Kaaya wins 10 games in 2017. I saw no indication that Richt would change his 5 play offense, and Rosier's mobility helped keep plays alive. Rosier was the 2nd leading rusher behind Homer. Kaaya was light years more talented than Rosier, but I think Richt's offense was not well suited for him. Kaaya was sacked 25 times in 2016, Rosier was sacked 27 times in 2017. If Kaaya is behind center, he probably gets sacked 40+ times.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm just salty in the moment. But when I saw JT4 DESTROY all those 5 stars in the open field during the All American game I thought we had ourselves another santana moss.
Same, but like Tracy Howard, I'm so burned at this point that I now ask "what's wrong with them? How did we get them to come to Miami?"

Advertisement
Agree with you until you got to the Perry part. Proud of him for quitting **** but he ain’t it. Maybe with richt still around Williams doesn’t become an idiot but I’m doubtful.

Yeah I can ride with that. My main thought on it is if he had a year around Kaaya he could have matured more than he did his True Freshman year. Could’ve seen what a QB room was supposed to be like at the college level rather than getting what he got

Advertisement
Back