Quarantine Series: The Player YOU Missed On

Advertisement
For me, short answer is Willie Williams.

Beyond him, here are some guys who I was excited about as recruits/frosh whose careers didn't or haven't yet hit what I expected. Excluding people who got injured.

Shannon: Randy Phillips, Allen Bailey, R. Buchanon, B. Washington
Golden: M. Bunche, A. Chickillo, D. Owens
Richt: De. Johnson, Navaughn, Jon Ford, Jarren Williams, Mallory, Pope, Frierson

Don’t know if Mallory hasn’t panned our as promised. He’s a 2x Greentree All-American already and he’s only a Junior

It’s kind of hard to say our all time leading passer is the guy I think we missed on but I think it’s Brad Kaaya. Obviously he was good but he left a lot to be desired. He should have came back in 2017 and led the charge instead of Rosier, you have to think we’re in a different spot now than we would be if he comes back.

Kaaya does his thing in 2017 and Richt hands the keys to N’kosi in 2018 and Malik never touches the field. Perry would be potentially a third year starter this year. Much deeper answer than you were probably looking for but Kaaya leaving early ****ed us in the long run IMO

Advertisement
It’s kind of hard to say our all time leading passer is the guy I think we missed on but I think it’s Brad Kaaya. Obviously he was good but he left a lot to be desired. He should have came back in 2017 and led the charge instead of Rosier, you have to think we’re in a different spot now than we would be if he comes back.

Kaaya does his thing in 2017 and Richt hands the keys to N’kosi in 2018 and Malik never touches the field. Perry would be potentially a third year starter this year. Much deeper answer than you were probably looking for but Kaaya leaving early ****ed us in the long run IMO
Agree with you until you got to the Perry part. Proud of him for quitting **** but he ain’t it. Maybe with richt still around Williams doesn’t become an idiot but I’m doubtful.

Don’t know if Mallory hasn’t panned our as promised. He’s a 2x Greentree All-American already and he’s only a Junior
I thought Mallory had higher ceiling than Jordan because of size/athletic traits and would be ahead of where he is right now.

Give us one example. Not denying, but curious?

You got guys that came in their freshman season and actually looked the part, then for one reason or another just went meh.

Coley
McCord
Marcus Robinson
Muhammad
Armstrong
Chickillo
JT4

You put these guys on the early 2000 to 04 teams and they would've lived up to their potential. I'm not talking about the clear reaches of the likes of Highsmith and Rodgers. I'm talking about guys that came out of high school with the pedigree.

I'm pretty sure Brock could've used Coley or JT4 over Moore, Leggett and Beard. We got a thread on the recruiting board about WR we missed on supposedly but that is always the case around these parts. Guys think if player x had came here he would've done the same thing he did at school x. I would bet if most of these guys came and were sucked up by a horrible culture and pathetic schemes. They would've never been the player we see at the other program.

Advertisement
Gotta be Willie Williams for me. As hyped up as he was and for him to end up never contributing in any meaningful way was crazy. A lot of the other guys mentioned at least contributed.

Second would be Leggett.

Marcus Forston was the most surprising bust.

I thought Stephen Morris was going to take off after his last spring. Guy was lights out and had a great performance in the spring game. Injuries and lack of focus hurt him, along with accuracy issues.
Not for me. Didn’t think he was as good as he was rated. The guy I thought would be amazing who wasn’t at DT was the kid Callahan Bright who went to FSU. Thought he would be dominant.

You got guys that came in their freshman season and actually looked the part, then for one reason or another just went meh.

Coley
McCord
Marcus Robinson
Muhammad
Armstrong
Chickillo
JT4

You put these guys on the early 2000 to 04 teams and they would've lived up to their potential. I'm not talking about the clear reaches of the likes of Highsmith and Rodgers. I'm talking about guys that came out of high school with the pedigree.

I'm pretty sure Brock could've used Coley or JT4 over Moore, Leggett and Beard. We got a thread on the recruiting board about WR we missed on supposedly but that is always the case around these parts. Guys think if player x had came here he would've done the same thing he did at school x. I would bet if most of these guys came and were sucked up by a horrible culture and pathetic schemes. They would've never been the player we see at the other program.

Chick got the hose job of all time when Golden and his merry band of idiots bulked him up and played him at DT. He was serviceable but never the force he could have been if he just played DE and went after the QB.

My arch nemesis...the Kayak

141E7C82-4D64-45DB-B6F0-7754982EEC81.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kaaya is Miami’s all-time leading passer.

His NFL potential may have been more limited than we thought, but he was excellent for Miami. It’s a shame he didn’t come back for his senior year.
I think he’s plenty good enough to at least be on a NFL roster..the nfl is a golf buddy buddy system when it come to QB jobs

I think he’s plenty good enough to at least be on a NFL roster..the nfl is a golf buddy buddy system when it come to QB jobs

Yeah, I heard politics in the MLB was bad. The NFL is worse. Chad Kelly hung around for how many years under the payroll of his uncles friends?

Advertisement
Back