QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

@TheOriginalCane

The Office I Give Up GIF
The only thing I’ve seen is Cribbys eyeballs and photo change lol. Is that it? I’m genuinely asking

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s it? So I didn’t miss anything lol
I mean he said this:

Now that it’s out there I’ll speak on it. Ward isn’t dead and talks have continued. He could pull out of the draft. The only negative is whoever misses on Howard could get aggressive with Ward. I take it that would be USC and as I’ve mentioned they’ve sniffed around. I’m sure the NIL has been revised here.

I am kinda meh at this point on Ward. I’m not sure if Ward comes here if OSU/USC NIL was in the same ballpark as ours.

Will support if he comes here, but if this was purely a money issue, Mario should have figured that out awhile back and not allow the optics to be what they are.

Advertisement
I mean he said this:

Now that it’s out there I’ll speak on it. Ward isn’t dead and talks have continued. He could pull out of the draft. The only negative is whoever misses on Howard could get aggressive with Ward. I take it that would be USC and as I’ve mentioned they’ve sniffed around. I’m sure the NIL has been revised here.
This doesn’t mean that he’s interested in playing college football. I hope I’m wrong and he changes his mind. But I’ve seen this way too many times. I think he’s sticking with the NFL

Advertisement
This isn't an original thought I'm sure, but unless it's Slater or Howard, let's just roll with Jacurri. Other than the INT, he didn't really play badly in the bowl. And I'm not discounting Emory either...he could win the job. We will have (hopefully) Nickel coming in next class and depending upon Jacurri/Emory's performance next year, we can always dip back into the portal again and hopefully have an upgrade at that spot for the 25 season.

The only way you can slice it if we miss on Howard or Slater is disaster. Everyone in the world knew we were one of the top schools in line to take a portal QB going into portal szn. And we're looking like we're gonna get left at the altar once again. This is a major mark against Mario's track record. I love his recruiting overall, but he's gotta fix whatever this narrative is around him being a QB ruiner, somehow.
Will Smith GIF by Carpool Karaoke: The Series on Apple Music

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back