QBR rating - E$PN Miami vs UNC

As I said above. I hope he wins a Heisman and I look back and feel like a total ****** for doubting him and I don't think we have a better QB on the roster however I see a pitcher with a good ERA who can't seem to get the W.

After his two games and playing really well? And behind the worst ol performance in a decade.

Dude I can’t even justify this thinking or even wrap my head around it.

I swear y’all would’ve wanted heisman winners , national title qbs benched in previous years. I mean Charlie ward was an int throwing monster his first year , ended up as one of the best qbs I’ve ever seen.

Jarren did everything a qb could do including multiple late drives , with a dropped td.

Advertisement
After his two games and playing really well? And behind the worst ol performance in a decade.

Dude I can’t even justify this thinking or even wrap my head around it.

I swear y’all would’ve wanted heisman winners , national title qbs benched in previous years. I mean Charlie ward was an int throwing monster his first year , ended up as one of the best qbs I’ve ever seen.

Jarren did everything a qb could do including multiple late drives , with a dropped td.
You're backing me into a position where it sounds like i dont like the kid in order to explain my position so don't take this the wrong way . Against UFag he looked terrible , he took a dozen sacks cause he couldn't figure out that you can throw the ball away ,that it's ok to do so. Against UNC he checked down and didn't make plays when it mattered , mind you if you go look at the prediction thread here people thought UNC was a walk in the park and UNC is an underdog to Wake Forrest this week so him putting up a decent stat line in a close game loss against a bad opponent and again seeming to lack instincts (not walking in for the 2 points for example )makes me have my doubts.

Howell was making one read , both games.

Williams dropping back ( given time ) is a thing of beauty . From mechanics/fundamentals to going through the reads and the actual throwing of the ball.

I’ll always take the guys making the progressions and the throws. Watch Howell when tape gets out,he’s going to take some lumps. He’s a good player but there’s a lot of smoke in mirrors right now.

I agree that Jarren is the better QB, I was just making the point that they made it easier on Howell than we did Jarren.

Advertisement
I guess you showed me....look , son : when you see me starting a thread about JW, when you see me in every thread trying to dissuade ball gazers like you or if I quote you then reply to me . If you have a question for me , please quote me. If you simply need to vent call your husband .
No, when I see you make an idiotic comment, I'm going to respond. Whine about all you want.

Advertisement
Not getting on the JW "grade" but wondering how these stats incorporate quality of opponent. No doubt a QB throwin against the likes of Bethune-Cookman gonna have some nice stats; do they count these same as throwin against Gatorz or better? (their defender wearing nbr 4 handled JT especially well.) Makes the stats useless IMHO if they do.

Howell was making one read , both games.

Williams dropping back ( given time ) is a thing of beauty . From mechanics/fundamentals to going through the reads and the actual throwing of the ball.

I’ll always take the guys making the progressions and the throws. Watch Howell when tape gets out,he’s going to take some lumps. He’s a good player but there’s a lot of smoke in mirrors right now.

Howell was making “one read” passes while timing his throws effortlessly so that the WR can run open and get YAC for huge gains.

Jarren was making no reads, holding on to the ball, scared to throw deep, and not accurate when he decides to throw deep...

Sounds like “one read” Howell is still better to me

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
..can someone who knows how this is figured out explain

Jarren Williams - 30/39, 309 mars, 2 td, 0 int, QBR= 49.6
Sam Howell - 16/24, 274 mars, 2 td, 0 int, QBR= 74.9
They take into account the defense you play (Miami has a better defense) they also take into account that 3rd downs and 4th quarters are more important

Advertisement
Back