QB Workouts

Advertisement
I'm a Jarren Williams fan but if working with outside coaches and gurus and trainers actually yielded as many tangible results as people like to think then Kaaya would've won a championship here. Never going to hate on a kid always trying to get better in all of his free time though.

I’d wait until about 2 weeks into summer practice.

Predictions are fun, I just think some people confuse predictions or wishful thinking with reality.

It’s how you lose money in the stock market. Thinking your fanciful predictions of the future are coming true without a lot of hard data.
Really? Don't tell that to @TimeB0mb. He thinks you're not a man if you're not ready to predict the starter for all 12 games right now.

I'm a Jarren Williams fan but if working with outside coaches and gurus and trainers actually yielded as many tangible results as people like to think then Kaaya would've won a championship here. Never going to hate on a kid always trying to get better in all of his free time though.

Jaren is our most talented QB. He just needs to learn the playbook and game experience. Kaaya's main issue was that he played scared. Coaching camp wasn't going to fix that.

Advertisement
Jaren is our most talented QB. He just needs to learn the playbook and game experience. Kaaya's main issue was that he played scared. Coaching camp wasn't going to fix that.
I'd play scared too if I had his feet. Now, he did bounce back from some big hits, so it's not like he was a coward or something, he just would resign himself to taking the sack too quickly.

It’s weird that young NFL QB’s still have time to fix their mechanics and refine some things but a one year starter in college is past that ability.

I’m not rooting for Malik in this but these statements are dumb.
How many quarterbacks can you name that got significantly more accurate in College or the NFL? At the draft Troy Aikman was saying how very rare it is & he knows more abut this than me or most likely you.

I'd play scared too if I had his feet. Now, he did bounce back from some big hits, so it's not like he was a coward or something, he just would resign himself to taking the sack too quickly.

I'd agree with this. If Kaaya was a coward or soft he would've opted to get rid of the ball too quick to avoid the sacks and contact that he did take. Instead he was more of an immobile tree that (as you said) would resign himself to the sack because he had absolutely no ability to elude them.

I'd probably also agree with Bennubird that the issue wasn't fixable with him at any coaches camp, etc.

I'd agree with this. If Kaaya was a coward or soft he would've opted to get rid of the ball too quick to avoid the sacks and contact that he did take. Instead he was more of an immobile tree that (as you said) would resign himself to the sack because he had absolutely no ability to elude them.

I'd probably also agree with Bennubird that the issue wasn't fixable with him at any coaches camp, etc.

Pocket awareness was Kaaya's biggest issue, to my eye. Tom Brady is about as mobile as a tree as well, but he's got an incredible feel for stepping to and staying in his pocket whereas Kaaya had an uncanny ability to move to the only position on the field where the pass rush could get to him.

He was/is a good kid and gave this team all he had, so I have no interest in tearing him down, certainly not at this point. Past is past. But that's just what I saw as his biggest limitation and weakness. He could spend all the time he wanted working on his throwing motion, etc, but if he wasn't working on his feel and awareness in a crowded pocket, he wasn't working on what he needed to work on the most. To be fair, at least as far as I recall, the pocket issue didn't really become a glaringly obvious one until his final season.

Advertisement

All QBs get hit, and yes Brad took his share. I'm not calling him a coward because that speaks to his character as a person, and I don't know Brad, but what was painfully evident watching him play football is that he was thinking too much about getting hit, which often caused him to get sacked. There were many games where had Brad simply ran three or four yards straight up the field we could have moved the chains on third down, but he wouldn't do it.

Pocket awareness was Kaaya's biggest issue, to my eye. Tom Brady is about as mobile as a tree as well, but he's got an incredible feel for stepping to and staying in his pocket whereas Kaaya had an uncanny ability to move to the only position on the field where the pass rush could get to him.

He was/is a good kid and gave this team all he had, so I have no interest in tearing him down, certainly not at this point. Past is past. But that's just what I saw as his biggest limitation and weakness. He could spend all the time he wanted working on his throwing motion, etc, but if he wasn't working on his feel and awareness in a crowded pocket, he wasn't working on what he needed to work on the most. To be fair, at least as far as I recall, the pocket issue didn't really become a glaringly obvious one until his final season.

I'm not a Kaaya hater. I actually was a huge fan of his coming out of high school, even wrote an article for CIS about him. Wish him nothing but the best.

I'm not a Kaaya hater. I actually was a huge fan of his coming out of high school, even wrote an article for CIS about him. Wish him nothing but the best.

Sorry if you took my post as having anything to do with you. I wasn't saying you or anyone else was a Kaaya hater. I just wanted to make clear how I look at things. He was a good player for us with one particular flaw in his game. Well, the pocket thing and the fact that he doesn't run a 4.4, but he's a pro-style QB, so that's just who he is, not necessarily a "flaw" in his game.

Dude left a molar on the field and just kept coming to try and beat FSU and nearly did. I got nothing but love and wish him the best, just like you bro.

People banking on Malik improving realize this is the same guy that admitted he should've "maybe watched some film" after pooping his pants against Pitt, and always looks like he just woke up, right?

He's probably spending his off-season building couch forts and petting animals too hard.

Advertisement
People banking on Malik improving realize this is the same guy that admitted he should've "maybe watched some film" after pooping his pants against Pitt, and always looks like he just woke up, right?

He's probably spending his off-season building couch forts and petting animals too hard.
Because according to CIS if you don’t post your workouts they never happened right ?

Since someone posted something about Jarren's HS coach, I want to share the below video because the coach's comments about JW in it were really eye-opening for me and really further cemented the fact in my mind that Jarren will be our guy down the line:

The film quote wasn’t after Pitt, now was it? Wasn’t it before last season?

Advertisement
Since someone posted something about Jarren's HS coach, I want to share the below video because the coach's comments about JW in it were really eye-opening for me and really further cemented the fact in my mind that Jarren will be our guy down the line:

Confidence - That's exactly what Thomas Brown said in his post practice interview this spring. He commented on how confident he was on the field.

Swear I love being the underdog
7 replies0 retweets72 likes

This ^^^ is from JW twitter last night. He doesn't allow his tweets to be copied in full. Really have a lot of faith i this kid- he wants it.

Watching UVA replay today. Second possession Rosier misses BB down the seam in cover two. Missed him by 15-20 yards , gunned the **** out out of it. It’s as simple as a throw as you’ll find.

This is why I don’t knock Marks offense as much as others here. Yes it’s a little bland and needs updated but the man makes a ton of great calls. We literally left ten td’s on the field just on horrible accuracy. Pitt alone was at least three.

It’s not the we hate Rosier , we just know what he is. A guy that’s jeckyll and Hyde with awful accuracy.

When your oc draws up plays that keeps having guys wide open , yet you don’t score.....there’s a problem.

That’s the knock , it’s fair unless you’re blind. Odds are he’ll be pulled , but I’d much rather get ragged by Mr Rosier ( loose cannon ) and have Rosier ball out. Keeping his job, I just know that’s very doubtful.

Watching UVA replay today. Second possession Rosier misses BB down the seam in cover two. Missed him by 15-20 yards , gunned the **** out out of it. It’s as simple as a throw as you’ll find.

This is why I don’t knock Marks offense as much as others here. Yes it’s a little bland and needs updated but the man makes a ton of great calls. We literally left ten td’s on the field just on horrible accuracy. Pitt alone was at least three.

It’s not the we hate Rosier , we just know what he is. A guy that’s jeckyll and Hyde with awful accuracy.

When your oc draws up plays that keeps having guys wide open , yet you don’t score.....there’s a problem.

That’s the knock , it’s fair unless you’re blind. Odds are he’ll be pulled , but I’d much rather get ragged by Mr Rosier ( loose cannon ) and have Rosier ball out. Keeping his job, I just know that’s very doubtful.

A lot of Rosier's subpar QB play during our 10-game win streak was masked by the big plays to end the games. We didn't cross the 50 in the first half against FSU. I was pulling my hair out all game bc of Rosier against GT. He comes through in certain moments, he stands fearless in the pocket, extends some plays, and is a valuable runner at times. But, I'm in the boat with all those holding out hope for something better.

Advertisement
Back