QB Workouts

A lot of Rosier's subpar QB play during our 10-game win streak was masked by the big plays to end the games. We didn't cross the 50 in the first half against FSU. I was pulling my hair out all game bc of Rosier against GT. He comes through in certain moments, he stands fearless in the pocket, extends some plays, and is a valuable runner at times. But, I'm in the boat with all those holding out hope for something better.

Yeah, I don’t need to go through all the reasons we hung around in a lot of our wins. There was lots of smoke in mirrors to that season, which is fine. We deserved some luck.

I just know we’ll continue to struggle consistently moving the ball , and extending drives with him.

Leaving multiple td’s off the board a game will eventually burn you and burn you bad. Like I said , we were fortunate to get the amount of turnovers and good bounces. I just know that’s something that you can’t depend on.

Advertisement
Watching UVA replay today. Second possession Rosier misses BB down the seam in cover two. Missed him by 15-20 yards , gunned the **** out out of it. It’s as simple as a throw as you’ll find.

This is why I don’t knock Marks offense as much as others here. Yes it’s a little bland and needs updated but the man makes a ton of great calls. We literally left ten td’s on the field just on horrible accuracy. Pitt alone was at least three.

It’s not the we hate Rosier , we just know what he is. A guy that’s jeckyll and Hyde with awful accuracy.

When your oc draws up plays that keeps having guys wide open , yet you don’t score.....there’s a problem.

That’s the knock , it’s fair unless you’re blind. Odds are he’ll be pulled , but I’d much rather get ragged by Mr Rosier ( loose cannon ) and have Rosier ball out. Keeping his job, I just know that’s very doubtful.

I’m in the same boat as you are. I’ve watched every game twice since the season ended and the amount of open guys that were missed is astounding. Also the passes that were complete made the receiver jump/slide/dive and slow down in some way to limit YAC.

We will never be Oklahoma with Lincoln Riley in terms of scheme but ours gets guys open or in 1v1 matchups that we should be able to win.

I’m in the same boat as you are. I’ve watched every game twice since the season ended and the amount of open guys that were missed is astounding. Also the passes that were complete made the receiver jump/slide/dive and slow down in some way to limit YAC.

We will never be Oklahoma with Lincoln Riley in terms of scheme but ours gets guys open or in 1v1 matchups that we should be able to win.

Agree.

Advertisement
People banking on Malik improving realize this is the same guy that admitted he should've "maybe watched some film" after pooping his pants against Pitt, and always looks like he just woke up, right?

He's probably spending his off-season building couch forts and petting animals too hard.
COUSIN LENNY IS THAT YOU?

I was a Perry fan, b/c I know he's better than drunk Bruno, but **** this JW kid is something special... Richt said that he's probably the most accurate qb he's had in a long time.

Should be an interesting season. N'kosi isn't going to quit as well. Glad we have players who will push each other and not just call it a day because they didn't get the starting job.

My old *** pulled 10 muscles just by watching this video.

Advertisement
Watch Weldon start and make everyone look like idiots

00000.jpeg

YES it certainly would!!

BUT the chances of him getting *** Eye :75ebf9ecd: in the other eye BEFORE the summer is over are far far greater

.....but who really knows?? Anything is possible

Last edited:
It was before last season where he said he never watched any film. After the Pitt game he made a comment that he didn’t prepare like he should have (or something to that effect)

And that Pitt quote was blown out of proportion. Any player who struggles will say they should have prepared more. The truth is he just isn’t an accurate QB so when he’s off he’s way off.

Williams works with this trainer all of the time and has since he’s been home for break. I wonder What Malik is doing to better his craft? If he wants to keep his job then he needs to do the little things and become more fundamentally sound. It would do wonders for his game if he’s putting in extra work like this with a qb guru while not around the coaches

That’s just it, Malik seems like a great kid but I have seen no evidence to suggest he’s putting in the extra work it takes to be great. I’m still hung up on hearing this kid say he didn’t watch tape when he was the back-up. Left a sour taste in my mouth.

I hope he’s in the lab mastering his craft as well because it will only make the team better but he isn’t going to start all year completing 53% of his passes.

Advertisement
Hopefully the return of Ahmond Richards, maturation of Jeff Thomas, Mike Hartley, Darrell Langham, and Lawrence Cager at WR, infusion of talent at TE with Jordan and Mallory, a four-headed RB attack with Homer, Dallas, Lingard, and Davis, and a ‘Realous’ FB will support whomever is starting at QB.

I am more worried about the OL.

Hopefully the return of Ahmond Richards, maturation of Jeff Thomas, Mike Hartley, Darrell Langham, and Lawrence Cager at WR, infusion of talent at TE with Jordan and Mallory, a four-headed RB attack with Homer, Dallas, Lingard, and Davis, and a ‘Realous’ FB will support whomever is starting at QB.

I am more worried about the OL.

Yeah me too but I'm hoping that we finally have a QB that can see how wide open these guys are..... IF he can look beyond his usually covered primary target and go down his progressions instead of forcing it.

Advertisement
Go watch his film and then Perry’s film back to back and you will understand why some people think he’s better.

Dude has seemingly never surpassed Perry on the depth chart, and he enrolled early.

While I believe Jarren is going to take the job at some point this season or next, I still think Perry and Weldon are both talented and have potential themselves. But, I've never seen anything to make me feel confident in saying Weldon > Perry (in neither upside nor where they were at as prospects).

Go watch his film and then Perry’s film back to back and you will understand why some people think he’s better.

It’s been 2 years since he was in high school. You understand that, right?

He’s 1 fall camp away from Williams burying him at the #4 spot.

Dude has seemingly never surpassed Perry on the depth chart, and he enrolled early.

While I believe Jarren is going to take the job at some point this season or next, I still think Perry and Weldon are both talented and have potential themselves. But, I've never seen anything to make me feel confident in saying Weldon > Perry (in neither upside nor where they were at as prospects).

The only word of Perry being ahead of Weldon is through posters here and I've never heard Richt or any of the coaches say so. Although the media would constantly speculate on Perry, Richt would quickly point out that Weldon was in the mix. And with Weldon missing almost this entire spring, they've both had close to the same amount of time on the practice field.

I do share your sentiments on Williams though. The kid is already the most accurate QB on our roster and seems to be the hardest worker too.

The only word of Perry being ahead of Weldon is through posters here and I've never heard Richt or any of the coaches say so. Although the media would constantly speculate on Perry, Richt would quickly point out that Weldon was in the mix. And with Weldon missing almost this entire spring, they've both had close to the same amount of time on the practice field.

I do share your sentiments on Williams though. The kid is already the most accurate QB on our roster and seems to be the hardest worker too.

Sorry but I cannot find for the life of me anywhere where Weldon is mentioned by the staff as a viable starter. So its not just posters here.

I think his name is usually thrown in as a contender simply because he's still here. Like Allison's was when he was still here.
As many have mentioned, despite his coming in earlier he was quickly passed by Perry, and that :75ebf9ecd: EYE thing this year has allowed Williams to shine.

Weldon has shown some talent as a H.S. QB, but unfortunately for him, he's had some bad breaks and hasn't really shown it while here.

Advertisement
Back