NFL QB Trey Lance

Advertisement
When’s the last time MN had a top nfl prospect, let alone a QB? He’s from small town western MN. I never even heard of him while he was in high school. Football here is so bad. I graduated with a kid who was a stud in high school.. relocated here from New Orleans (Katrina).. one of the best players in the state for two years and he only managed to get to NDSU and basically never played his 4 years. Special teams player. I do love watching NDSU.. like them more than the gophers who have sucked my whole life until last season. Maybe the vikings will tank and get the hometown kid. Cousins is trash

Dustin Crum at Kent St is another QB you guys should take a look at, he has phenemonal arm talent.

Probably the biggest arm in the draft (if he declares), probably won't be a 1st rounder but he's got a Drew Lock/Matt Stafford kind of arm & fits the mold of the new age NFL QB's that comes from small schools, but has excelled further than the powerhouse kids because they have less talent around them, are asked to do more & be the offensive catalyst for their offense & put their team on their back & due to getting more valuable reps have a more impactful transition.

It's easy to be a P5 QB at a school with access to elite level talent at OL, RB, WR etc, but being at a program that might not have a single other NFL caliber player on the roster makes it harder to put up gaudy numbers, so when these prototype guys elevate their play & standout they get fast tracked to NFL success because scouts are recognizing their raw traits & toughness as the cornerstone skills they prefer to work with.

Teams realize with these big arm QB's Mahomes, Josh Allen, Drew Lock, Jordan Love etc, that if you refine their mechanics some & give a season to maturate & develop you can have a dangerous QB that you can build your offense around predicated on utilizing the Deep ball in the more Spread style offenses that have migrated their way into the league.

Advertisement
Lawrence might be the better talent but he’s not asked to do as much. Neither is fields who just makes half field reads. Lawrence isn’t as flawless as perceived there are knocks to his game but when he’s on he looks like the chosen one.
Lawrence accuracy and decision making at times leaves you scratching your head. I don’t know much about the North Dakota state kid, but liked tua better as a prospect then Lawrence before the injury. Fields seems like a good college player don’t know if his game will translate to nfl.

Lawrence accuracy and decision making at times leaves you scratching your head. I don’t know much about the North Dakota state kid, but liked tua better as a prospect then Lawrence before the injury. Fields seems like a good college player don’t know if his game will translate to nfl.
Lawrence is more like his predecessor than people acknowledge. Deshaun had the same flaws as Trevor. Trevor is very much a rhythm passer but whenever he finds his groove call it a night he’s going to kill you. Both struggle with ball placement and timing at times and other times they don’t miss

**** dude, can you provide a video example of elite accuracy? You got me feeling lame for saying wow after probably every other play.
watch Tua's or Burrow's college film for accuracy and ball placement. I'm no QB guru but I know what I'm looking at and this film lacks throws into tight windows or ball-placement in good coverage where only his guy could get the ball, but like LCE said maybe the scheme didn't ask him to do that.

Think 'good defense but better throw.' How many times did you say that when watching his film?

Advertisement
Lawrence is more like his predecessor than people acknowledge. Deshaun had the same flaws as Trevor. Trevor is very much a rhythm passer but whenever he finds his groove call it a night he’s going to kill you. Both struggle with ball placement and timing at times and other times they don’t miss
Never really thought of that, but I can agree with that comparison. Imo Lawrence legs are the game changer for him. When his accuracy is off that is why they win games.

Never really thought of that, but I can agree with that comparison. Imo Lawrence legs are the game changer for him. When his accuracy is off that is why they win games.
Watch them both play with this in mind and it’s crazy how similar they are. Lawrence is just further along at this stage as a passer

Dustin Crum at Kent St is another QB you guys should take a look at, he has phenemonal arm talent.

Probably the biggest arm in the draft (if he declares), probably won't be a 1st rounder but he's got a Drew Lock/Matt Stafford kind of arm & fits the mold of the new age NFL QB's that comes from small schools, but has excelled further than the powerhouse kids because they have less talent around them, are asked to do more & be the offensive catalyst for their offense & put their team on their back & due to getting more valuable reps have a more impactful transition.

It's easy to be a P5 QB at a school with access to elite level talent at OL, RB, WR etc, but being at a program that might not have a single other NFL caliber player on the roster makes it harder to put up gaudy numbers, so when these prototype guys elevate their play & standout they get fast tracked to NFL success because scouts are recognizing their raw traits & toughness as the cornerstone skills they prefer to work with.

Teams realize with these big arm QB's Mahomes, Josh Allen, Drew Lock, Jordan Love etc, that if you refine their mechanics some & give a season to maturate & develop you can have a dangerous QB that you can build your offense around predicated on utilizing the Deep ball in the more Spread style offenses that have migrated their way into the league.

I was always a drew lock fan. I already knew he needed some refining and would be good. Never understood how some people were enamored with haskins over lock.

Advertisement
Am i one of the only ones not as high on Fields...i like this kid better

Nope I’m with you.

Fields has the stats and the pedigree being a Hs 5 star.

But his game simply doesn’t jump off the screen.

He’s missing those “wow” plays like what Joe Burrow/ Lamar Jackson

I've watched Both play, Field's and Lance are both worry of 1st round picks. Lawrence is the clear #1 by a distance. Field's has all the physical talent to be a franchise QB and is very Mobile. It's going to be a close battle for #2 but to say Lance is so much better then Field's that you would be stupid to pick him over Field's is crazy. Lance is also playing against poor competition every week as well with a loaded FCS team. Pretty much every QB balls at North Dakota State. Easton Stick had a 45 Total TD 7INT season in 2018 for NDSU
This is my point.. he will see much better athletes in the pros.. the hype machine is alive and well I see.

Lawrence

then

These 2

Advertisement
watch Tua's or Burrow's college film for accuracy and ball placement. I'm no QB guru but I know what I'm looking at and this film lacks throws into tight windows or ball-placement in good coverage where only his guy could get the ball, but like LCE said maybe the scheme didn't ask him to do that.

Think 'good defense but better throw.' How many times did you say that when watching his film?
lol I think I saw one throw where his guy was actually well covered. But, I gotta say that even tho his dudes were wide open most of the time his throws were dead on balls accurate. I'm in no position to argue qb skills but I was impressed by dudes throws.

Advertisement
Back