NFL QB Trey Lance

all good. You’ve probably never seen him play. You might be surprised. Also guessing you’ve never watched fields either. One is a much better passer. They both have wheels. Lance is smarter and runs a better offense too. Again my 2
Fields doesn’t scream lock to be an all pro. He’s no Watson or Jackson. I think he could be a good pro, but he has a long way to go to get there.

I've watched Both play, Field's and Lance are both worry of 1st round picks. Lawrence is the clear #1 by a distance. Field's has all the physical talent to be a franchise QB and is very Mobile. It's going to be a close battle for #2 but to say Lance is so much better then Field's that you would be stupid to pick him over Field's is crazy. Lance is also playing against poor competition every week as well with a loaded FCS team. Pretty much every QB balls at North Dakota State. Easton Stick had a 45 Total TD 7INT season in 2018 for NDSU

Advertisement
He’s really good. Even though he played for North Dakota State, he’s probably the most pro-ready of the three.
What? 0.0% chance he's more Pro Ready then Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence is an absolute monster and his game translates very well to the next level

I've watched Both play, Field's and Lance are both worry of 1st round picks. Lawrence is the clear #1 by a distance. Field's has all the physical talent to be a franchise QB and is very Mobile. It's going to be a close battle for #2 but to say Lance is so much better then Field's that you would be stupid to pick him over Field's is crazy. Lance is also playing against poor competition every week as well with a loaded FCS team. Pretty much every QB balls at North Dakota State. Easton Stick had a 45 Total TD 7INT season in 2018 for NDSU
I don’t see it as a difficult choice. Personally i think it’s as easy as they come. I guess we’ll see. Have a wonderful evening and go Canes 🙌

Advertisement

6'3 220lbs, he was a low rated QB out of Minnesota but has skyrocketed on NFL draft boards after leading North Dakota St to another undefeated National FCS title. He threw for 2,786yds 28TD's 0INT's at 66.9% passing & rushed for 1,100yds & 14TD's.

He has a similar physical build to Dak Prescott with better arm talent & much higher upside. He reminds me of Deshaun Watson overall & could hit the ground running once he enters the league. He's a naturally gifted playmaker & can make every throw. The throw @2:15 on his highlights was a really nice off platform throw on the run.

I doubt he would enter the Portal because he's all but guaranteed to be a 1st round draft pick, unless he just really wants to play one more season this Fall, he would be the most highly sought after Free Agent transfer QB in college. Otherwise, he definitely should declare for the draft & just spend the rest of the year getting prepared, he's set to make millions.

I'm a fan of his game, I actually think he'll be better than Justin Fields in the NFL. The smaller school QB's have recently tended to do much better in the league than the big time P5 school kids because they have less talent around them & have to deal with much harder adversity than the big name school QB's.

Of the likely "QB need" teams, who does he best fit with current staffs*?

*Black monday will change that

If anyone is dumb enough to take Fields over Lance, they should be removed from their job. It’s not even close. My 2

It’s certainly close. Come on. I have watched a lot of Lance, he’s legit as ****. But let’s pump the brakes on firing a GM who’d take Fields over him. Be real.

I like Lawrence the best but Lance is asked to do more pro things from a mental standpoint.
Yeah maybe from a mental standpoint but that's only because ND runs a more Pro Style offense. From a physical standpoint Lawrence is far more Pro ready

It’s certainly close. Come on. I have watched a lot of Lance, he’s legit as ****. But let’s pump the brakes on firing a GM who’d take Fields over him. Be real.
Ok to be honest, I don’t think much of fields. He’s a physically talented kid, but I don’t see him having an easy transition to the pros. He’s going to need the right situation and coaching staff. Lance will thrive wherever he goes. He’s a layup. Picking the wrong qb in the draft is the easiest way for a GM to lose their job.

Advertisement
Ok to be honest, I don’t think much of fields. He’s a physically talented kid, but I don’t see him having an easy transition to the pros. He’s going to need the right situation and coaching staff. Lance will thrive wherever he goes. He’s a layup

That’s fine. You can have your opinion and I respect it. I’m just saying I doubt you’d find anyone who does this for a living who would say the comparison literally isn’t even close and someone should lose their job if they had fields above lance. It’s close, at worst.

Oh, and full disclosure. The dudes who do this for a living don’t know **** either. So you might turn out to be right lol. Just saying at this minute is a pretty unique opinion.

What? 0.0% chance he's more Pro Ready then Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence is an absolute monster and his game translates very well to the next level
Lawrence might be the better talent but he’s not asked to do as much. Neither is fields who just makes half field reads. Lawrence isn’t as flawless as perceived there are knocks to his game but when he’s on he looks like the chosen one.

Lawrence might be the better talent but he’s not asked to do as much. Neither is fields who just makes half field reads. Lawrence isn’t as flawless as perceived there are knocks to his game but when he’s on he looks like the chosen one.
Very well put.

Advertisement
Advertisement

6'3 220lbs, he was a low rated QB out of Minnesota but has skyrocketed on NFL draft boards after leading North Dakota St to another undefeated National FCS title. He threw for 2,786yds 28TD's 0INT's at 66.9% passing & rushed for 1,100yds & 14TD's.

He has a similar physical build to Dak Prescott with better arm talent & much higher upside. He reminds me of Deshaun Watson overall & could hit the ground running once he enters the league. He's a naturally gifted playmaker & can make every throw. The throw @2:15 on his highlights was a really nice off platform throw on the run.

I doubt he would enter the Portal because he's all but guaranteed to be a 1st round draft pick, unless he just really wants to play one more season this Fall, he would be the most highly sought after Free Agent transfer QB in college. Otherwise, he definitely should declare for the draft & just spend the rest of the year getting prepared, he's set to make millions.

I'm a fan of his game, I actually think he'll be better than Justin Fields in the NFL. The smaller school QB's have recently tended to do much better in the league than the big time P5 school kids because they have less talent around them & have to deal with much harder adversity than the big name school QB's.

he has arm-talent, but I didn't see any wow throws or elite accuracy.

I love Trey! I grew with you on him and fields. I watched him in the championship game..money!!

Advertisement
Back