2024 QB Trever Jackson

Advertisement
No Way Meme GIF

Should’ve used this 😂

I was thinking yesterday that maybe it would be advantageous to bring in 2 QBs via the portal this year?... a veteran who's almost guaranteed to start 2024 and possibly 2025 and a younger developmental guy to compete for H2H with Brown and Williams for the next QB cycle. Part of me is worried about being stuck with one guy (lie this year) as well as Mario's history with QBs. Just hope Dawson can counter our current issues/headwinds and find a dude like Clayton Tune, or better for that matter.
Very unlikely a transfer QB would use their 1 free transfer to sit behind other guys and possibly be the guy in the future. They are going somewhere to compete.

Advertisement
How about we target a QB with the requisite size and arm talent from Cali/Texas that have like 40-50TDs and <10INTs. This isn't all that complicated. Get the guys that have a **** load of experience throwing the ball at a high level. Getting guys that have a 7TD - 5INT start to their senior season is insane. IDGAF that he's a 4star and likely athletic. That's not worth it, period.

Advertisement
How about we target a QB with the requisite size and arm talent from Cali/Texas that have like 40-50TDs and <10INTs. This isn't all that complicated. Get the guys that have a **** load of experience throwing the ball at a high level. Getting guys that have a 7TD - 5INT start to their senior season is insane. IDGAF that he's a 4star and likely athletic. That's not worth it, period.

You thinking a QB like Maubry Metthauer out of Texas?

Wisconsin commit
6'6" 225 lbs.,

" In two years as the full-time varsity starter, he has thrown for 5,080 yards with 57 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He also has rushed for 1,112 yards and 22 touchdowns. Mettauer finished his junior season by completing 66.5 percent of his passes for 2,621 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions. He carried 84 times for 613 yards — 7.3 yards per rushing attempt — with seven touchdowns."

Advertisement
Cole Welliver

2024 Liberty Christian HS | 6’6” 215lb (to fit the profile of tall QB)

Senior stats to date:
147/206 71.4%
2164 Passing Yards
35 TDs
2 INTs

Advertisement
You thinking a QB like Maubry Metthauer out of Texas?

Wisconsin commit
6'6" 225 lbs.,

" In two years as the full-time varsity starter, he has thrown for 5,080 yards with 57 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He also has rushed for 1,112 yards and 22 touchdowns. Mettauer finished his junior season by completing 66.5 percent of his passes for 2,621 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions. He carried 84 times for 613 yards — 7.3 yards per rushing attempt — with seven touchdowns."

Yeah. Plus isn't Wiscons where Longo is? He's been doing quite well IDing QBs.

Just from looking at 247 and some guys stats:
2025:
Career Stats 97 TDs 16 INTs. Will be a 4 Yr Varsity Starter. Currently Committed to Purdue as a 3star.
Careers Stats 51TDs 12 INTs. And additinoal 23 Rushing TDS. Will be a 3 yr Varsity Starter. Currently committed to TCU as a 4star.
Career Stats 73TDs 6 INTs. Plus 12 Rushing TDs. Will be a 3 yr Varsity Starter. Currently Committed to Washington as a 3star.

2026:
in 2 years has 75TDs to 9INTs plus 5 Rushing TDs.
in 2 years has 88TDs to 23 INTs plus 6 Rushing TDs.

Last edited:
corrected it in his article.

MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. - The stock continues to rise for Winter Garden (Fla.) West Orange Top247 quarterback Trever Jackson who arrived at the Elite 11 Finals for check-in Wednesday feels like he could be close to adding another scholarship, potentially from Miami.

The Hurricanes could make a fast move on Pittsburgh, Texas A&M and Missouri who are the other prominent programs in this recruitment to date.

“Oh yeah for sure, yes sir,” Jackson said when asked if Miami is a contender moving forward. “I’m a local kid, Florida, just a chance to stay in Florida is big.”

Jackson looks forward to getting a future visit on the books.

“Just where they’re located, Miami is a great city,” Jackson said. “Just their culture, I know they’re changing things around. One of my friends (on the team) he tells me a lot about Miami. He tells me how Coach Cristobal is changing things around. He says they have a different type of energy from last year and changing the spectrum of everything.”

Jackson also likes what he’s seen from new offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson.

“I talked to Coach Dawson, saw his background and how he does thing with quarterbacks like me and he can develop me to the next level.”
Who's his friend on team

Advertisement
Back