QB Stats from Scrimmage #2

fincane

Senior
according to Richt:

Shirreffs was 16-36 139 yds
Rosier 13-26 142 yds. TD and a pick. The TD ended the scrimmage. Dayall Harris caught it.
Weldon 5-9 for 39 and a pick
Vinny Jr. 6-9 98 yards and the long TD to Deejay.

Advertisement
according to Richt:

Rosier 13-26 142 yds. TD and a pick. The TD ended the scrimmage. Dayall Harris caught it.

That is incredibly underwhelming.

I'd like to know if they even attempted a running game today. If it's like last scrimmage then none of the passing statswould look good if the defense knows it's always going to be a pass.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I been saying this for a minute. Shirreff is going to start.. look unimpressive vs Ark State and Bethune-Cookman then Rosier is going to start based on the fact he can at least provide additional run game and start in the 2nd half of the Ark State game and look more impressive as a playmaker then Evan.

according to Richt:

Yeah I'd rather go with Malik Rosier between him and Shirreffs

Let Rosier and Perry compete for the job going into the season.

Advertisement
Not getting crazy about Sherriffs. 36 attempts means we weren't running the ball at all which gives the D an enormous advantage.

Advertisement
These stats mean very little other than it's still between Shirreffs and Rosier, right now, with Testaverde pushing for #3 . Obviously, this is just with the QB's we have here now and doesn't include Perry.

I'm saying it now...we won't know the starter until mid to late August, maybe as late as a week before the first game.

Get used to it.

These QBs have been underwhelming and unable to distinguish themselves from the others for 2 springs and a fall. I am starting to get the sense that they are not going to separate at any point. I hope Perry is able to come in and blow past this mash of average QBs. We probably can win a good number of games with avg qb play, but if we are going to win the Coastal and compete with FSU and Clemson, we need better than average QBs play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

These stats mean very little other than it's still between Shirreffs and Rosier, right now, with Testaverde pushing for #3 . Obviously, this is just with the QB's we have here now and doesn't include Perry.

I'm saying it now...we won't know the starter until mid to late August, maybe as late as a week before the first game.

Get used to it.

It should quiet down the hum that was building suggesting that Shirreffs was about to run away and hide with this thing. The summer and fall camp will be big for all involved.

according to Richt:

That is incredibly underwhelming.

No doubt. But it's about what we all expect our defense to do against ACC opponents this upcoming season. Kaaya would have had another 20% improvement in passing ratio, but it would have been no-contact. ... IMHO, if the offense is playing better than the defense in Spring, they're either bending the rules or the team is going to suck.

Advertisement
Back