Qb recruiting

Advertisement
"For that final spot(s), we're in it for Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown."

LCE if hypothetically if you could pick any one of these kids for the finsl spot who would it be?
Post #25:

Is is anathema to ask some "lesser" productive players to take a scholastic scholarship?

There are some who will never again see the field - and for the betterment of the team - they're just wasting time and space.

And NO. I'm not going to name any - we pretty much know who they are.

Would be very surprised if we didn't take a QB this cycle.

Absolutely need one in every class.

Advertisement
It'll come down to if we have room...

We're sitting at 21 commits & only have 3 possibly 4 spots left, we're adding Taylor & Marshall, which would give us 1 or 2 spots.

For that final spot(s), we're in it for Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown.

Unless things change for this year with the cap on IC's, then we probably won't have room for a QB if we fill that last spot(s) up with DT's lol.

We could try to reserve one spot open throughout the season in hopes that we can flip a QB late, but the odds of that happening aren't in our favor.
I’d be ok with no QB this cycle if it meant filling the other spots with some dogs

We're not recruiting him.

He got officials from Tenn, Bama, LSU, PSU & Miss St.
Looking at that list of schools and noticing no in-state school makes me believe that either the young man or someone close to him is recommending a change in scenery. Some kids need to get away from home to change an environment, get away from something/someone at home, or to just mature.

Advertisement
Run a list of 2021 QB commits. Run a list of "coaches on the hot seat". C
Is is anathema to ask some "lesser" productive players to take a scholastic scholarship?

There are some who will never again see the field - and for the betterment of the team - they're just wasting time and space.

And NO. I'm not going to name any - we pretty much know who they are.

If the ONLY problem was 85, maybe. But we have a 25 problem.

Transfer portal. I think we’ll go one more season the King route. We should have our pick of the litter next class. Especially if we get what we expect out this offensive unit this season.

Certainly an option. Names will emerge. We could also pass on a QB this cycle and grab a portal guy after next year when this current crop transfers. That’ll maintain the balance in terms of roster management. Either way, I’m confident in Lashlee brining in talent regardless of the route.

Sawyer Robertson should be an interesting name to watch. Lashlee offered him at SMU in 2018 and spent awhile recruiting him.

Advertisement
Looking at that list of schools and noticing no in-state school makes me believe that either the young man or someone close to him is recommending a change in scenery. Some kids need to get away from home to change an environment, get away from something/someone at home, or to just mature.
All those schools are better options than UF & FSU.

There's been a board narrative that people have about T2 that no one wants him, but literally every school that is recruiting him is a good program.

Idk why everyone swears the only barometer to measure a local Miami player is if UF & FSU want'em lol. He was literally committed to UF just last year, but decommitted & he's never had any interest in FSU, FSU is also a dumpster fire of a program that no premier players in South FL or even in their backyard in Tallahassee want to go there.

Any chance we can flip Brock V or is that a total pipe dream. I’m sure he ain’t thrilled they brought in the USC kid

He was on Maason Smith's page recruiting for UGA. Anything is possible with recruiting but he seems pretty locked in to Georgia right now.

I can definitely see that side. So if we are full at 25 and Garcia(or insert other top 50 talent) says he wants in. Would you tell him to kick rocks, too bad, should of committed sooner?
For Garcia (or other highly rated QB or Top 50 talent), I would work to make the #s fit and pursue a gray shirt for someone. If the #s don't work, then yes I'd tell them the Cane Train has passed them by and they had their opportunity to jump aboard but didn't for whatever reason...loyalty matters! I would not risk compromising relationships with local area HS coaches or future recruits by dropping someone at this point. The long-term benefits will far outweigh the short-term impact

Advertisement
And while I agree we need a QB every class, when the offense explodes this year, we'll have our pick of top grad transfers and 2022 QBs to pick from...and don't sleep on TVD

All those schools are better options than UF & FSU.

There's been a board narrative that people have about T2 that no one wants him, but literally every school that is recruiting him is a good program.

Idk why everyone swears the only barometer to measure a local Miami player is if UF & FSU want'em lol. He was literally committed to UF just last year, but decommitted & he's never had any interest in FSU, FSU is also a dumpster fire of a program that no premier players in South FL or even in their backyard in Tallahassee want to go there.
I don’t mean to imply that we are wrong to recruit him. I just wonder from all the rumors and innuendo we’ve read about this young man whether he doesn’t just need to get away from home, or maybe wants to get away.
Its interesting that with athletics so many of us expect kids to go to school near their homes, mostly so the parents can watch.
But with students, we often encourage kids to get away from home so they can mature and make decisions for themselves.

The good thing about all of this recruiting talk for this season: It might make TVD upset in a good way. The stuff with Jake Garcia, I always wondered how TVD felt about his future teammates doing that.

I wouldnt be surprised if TVD comes out in 2021 ready to shock the world.

Advertisement
Back