Qb recruiting

If you weren’t going to take a quarterback which two of the following would you think Miami actually gets: [Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown.]?
M. Smith and Sapp or M. Smith and C. Smith

Advertisement
If King puts up heisman like #s, youd have to imagine wed have our pick. Miami is so easy to sell when were winning, and have systems in place for the players to produce. Defensive linemen have taken notice, and you see how much easier were recruiting them now. If we were still in Doritos scheme, theyd be staying away like we got covid. With the new offense, i expect to see the same effect on that side. Put up Oklahoma #s, and guys like Mario Williams, and Caleb Williams dont have to go to Oklahoma. They can do it in Miami.
Probably not for this class. Many will be close to enrolling (as EE), few will want to reopen their recruitment in October/November. (QBs are a different breed).

But it will portent well for the next class.

If you weren’t going to take a quarterback which two of the following would you think Miami actually gets: [Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown.]?
Chase Smith & Collier if I had to guess.

If you're asking me which 2 would I personally take, Chase Smith & Darrell Jackson, or Jaden Alexis & Tyreak Sapp.

Advertisement
If we could somehow finish with Taylor, Marshall, M.Brown, and some semblance of a top tier QB... I will be ******* ecstatic.

Is it imperative that we get a QB this year or is TVD worth developing?
I agree, but he wouldn't be here if he wasn't! We got 4 qb's coming back next yr numbers wise we don't need one....but, with da portal, and tate and kosi could grad transfer then that leaves us with tvd and matocha. So we need at least one Qb to be safe.

I am not saying we should or shouldn’t, but if some of the higher talented players on the board want want in this class and we are full at 25, I could could see us dropping a couple.

Advertisement
I am not saying we should or shouldn’t, but if some of the higher talented players on the board want want in this class and we are full at 25, I could could see us dropping a couple.
I hope not.

Let’s hope those “lower ranked kids” become Miami’s next Lewis or Reed, etc. If we expect kids to show loyalty, it’s not that hard for Miami to do the same.

I hope not.

Let’s hope those “lower ranked kids” become Miami’s next Lewis or Reed, etc. If we expect kids to show loyalty, it’s not that hard for Miami to do the same.
At the end of the day, you gotta stack talent. If you are Manny and your job is on the line, are you going to be the nice guy or are you going to do what has to be done to build a more talented roster?

It'll come down to if we have room...

We're sitting at 21 commits & only have 3 possibly 4 spots left, we're adding Taylor & Marshall, which would give us 1 or 2 spots.

For that final spot(s), we're in it for Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown.

Unless things change for this year with the cap on IC's, then we probably won't have room for a QB if we fill that last spot(s) up with DT's lol.

We could try to reserve one spot open throughout the season in hopes that we can flip a QB late, but the odds of that happening aren't in our favor.
QB seems like a must add with our lack of quality options outside TVD in 2021 and beyond.

Sawyer Robertson should be an interesting name to watch. Lashlee offered him at SMU in 2018 and spent awhile recruiting him.

Advertisement
QB seems like a must add with our lack of quality options outside TVD in 2021 and beyond.

Has to be the right guy though. I personally think wel be able to find that guy after we kill it on offense this year. But dont just take a QB to take one. Go after elite gamechangers no matter the position.

At the end of the day, you gotta stack talent. If you are Manny and your job is on the line, are you going to be the nice guy or are you going to do what has to be done to build a more talented roster?
Manny is stacking talent, but dropping a loyal, committed kid or 2 at this point could be suicide...sends the wrong signal to recruits and coaches. Plus not dropping someone to add a "higher rated" player actually adds value to a Miami offer as kids see that I better commit now or lose out (like most likely will happen to Yulkeith Brown)

Advertisement
Manny is stacking talent, but dropping a loyal, committed kid or 2 at this point could be suicide...sends the wrong signal to recruits and coaches. Plus not dropping someone to add a "higher rated" player actually adds value to a Miami offer as kids see that I better commit now or lose out (like most likely will happen to Yulkeith Brown)
I can definitely see that side. So if we are full at 25 and Garcia(or insert other top 50 talent) says he wants in. Would you tell him to kick rocks, too bad, should of committed sooner?

I think its important to take one QB every cycle.

However, you don't go dumpster diving to get one either.

I've said it before...let the process play out and the see how the season progresses...if D'Eriq King balls out, we should get another transfer.

Chase Smith & Collier if I had to guess.

If you're asking me which 2 would I personally take, Chase Smith & Darrell Jackson, or Jaden Alexis & Tyreak Sapp.
Any chance we can flip Brock V or is that a total pipe dream. I’m sure he ain’t thrilled they brought in the USC kid

I can definitely see that side. So if we are full at 25 and Garcia(or insert other top 50 talent) says he wants in. Would you tell him to kick rocks, too bad, should of committed sooner?
I honestly don’t know the answer to that, and it’s a very good question, but you do have to have some sort of loyalty to the kids that had faith in you first. Remember, Miami was 6-7 last year.

Advertisement
Back