Qb recruiting

Chewburka

Recruit
Banned
I have a question, with the way Miami is recruiting, will it entice one of these high profile QBs to flip?

Advertisement
I have a question, with the way Miami is recruiting, will it entice one of these high profile QBs to flip?

It’s hard to say. It seems like a lot of these high profile guys are going to enroll early and with no visits likely to happen, flipping will be tough. If we put a prolific offense on the field that’ll certainly help our chances but I see us landing a 3 star developmental type.

You would think...honestly I just want a mature qb and I would prefer it be an older QB so I’m fine with waiting and seeing what’s in the grad transfer market

If our offence explodes - I expect it will be easier to get a flip.

If Kosi doesn’t show growth (hopefully we get a couple blow outs to see him or TVD). We may need to look at another transfer.

Advertisement
If King puts up heisman like #s, youd have to imagine wed have our pick. Miami is so easy to sell when were winning, and have systems in place for the players to produce. Defensive linemen have taken notice, and you see how much easier were recruiting them now. If we were still in Doritos scheme, theyd be staying away like we got covid. With the new offense, i expect to see the same effect on that side. Put up Oklahoma #s, and guys like Mario Williams, and Caleb Williams dont have to go to Oklahoma. They can do it in Miami.

From a player-standpoint, from a "join-a-superteam" standpoint, yes.

However, COVID-19 is causing some of these kids to stick to prior commits and/or enroll early (i.e., Garcia).

I would hold out this possibility - IF football is played, and there are any November-December coaching changes, and assuming Miami does well enough and our entire class is just about ready to sign, Miami COULD BE perfectly positioned for a flip at that point.

It'll come down to if we have room...

We're sitting at 21 commits & only have 3 possibly 4 spots left, we're adding Taylor & Marshall, which would give us 1 or 2 spots.

For that final spot(s), we're in it for Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown.

Unless things change for this year with the cap on IC's, then we probably won't have room for a QB if we fill that last spot(s) up with DT's lol.

We could try to reserve one spot open throughout the season in hopes that we can flip a QB late, but the odds of that happening aren't in our favor.

Advertisement

We're sitting at 21 commits & only have 3 possibly 4 spots left, we're adding Taylor & Marshall, which would give us 1 or 2 spots.

For that final spot(s), we're in it for Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown.

Unless things change for this year with the cap on IC's, then we probably won't have room for a QB if we fill that last spot(s) up with DT's lol.

We could try to reserve one spot open throughout the season in hopes that we can flip a QB late, but the odds of that happening aren't in our favor.
If you weren’t going to take a quarterback which two of the following would you think Miami actually gets: [Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown.]?

Is it imperative that we get a QB this year or is TVD worth developing?

Was not listing Terrance Lewis an oversight? In either case that’s a wild amount of talent to take those last spots.

It’s hard to say. It seems like a lot of these high profile guys are going to enroll early and with no visits likely to happen, flipping will be tough. If we put a prolific offense on the field that’ll certainly help our chances but I see us landing a 3 star developmental type.
Transfer portal. I think we’ll go one more season the King route. We should have our pick of the litter next class. Especially if we get what we expect out this offensive unit this season.

Advertisement
If you weren’t going to take a quarterback which two of the following would you think Miami actually gets: [Maason Smith, Tyreak Sapp, Jaden Alexis, Corey Collier, Chase Smith, Darrell Jackson, Amari Daniels (although I doubt we actually take him), Markevious Brown & Yulkeith Brown.]?
If it were me I'd go smiths, maason & chase for the last 2 spots

Yeah if it’s one year to not get a QB to load up on the rest of the roster is this year. I wouldn’t be too mad about it. Still would have 4 QBs competing for job next year. I see all 4 of them getting better in this system. Next year will be a heavy offensive class.

2 QB
2 RB
2-3 WR
4-5 OL etc..

Advertisement
adding an elite trigger man to this class would be the mother F'n cherry on top.

would still want us to attack the portal for another King next year regardless.

stack. chips.

QBs are so hit or miss - need to bring in as much talent as possible there to increase are chances of hitting.

Let TVD, elite '21 recruit, elite '21 portal transfer ALL battle it out next year.

Advertisement
Back