QB Quinton Flowers

I say offer him as a QB and if he can be an EE, he can get 2 springs to compete as a QB. If he isn't 3rd string at least by then he's going to safety or WR.

Advertisement
i hate that they keep throwing out riussel wilsons name just because of height.

Wilsonw as LEGIT from day one. These are his hs stats...A prep standout at Richmond (VA) Collegiate School, the 5-foot-11, 191-pounder passed for nearly 7,500 yards and 74 touchdowns in his two years as the starting quarterback. The dual-threat athlete also rushed for another 1,800 yards and 33 scores.

every 5'10-5'11 scrub with 700-900 yd passing on the year at qb for their team think their Wilson.

That dude has a big arm...played centerfield in the minors...and is "SMART"...AND GOT GOOD QB COACHING AT BOTH OF HIS COLLEGES.

I'll recruit the **** out of Winky Flowers though...as an athlete..i give hima week or two to see or realize where he will see more p.t. at....that street ball stuff doesnt work on the next level....its crazy because he will go to another school n the same deal with happen ...they give him a shot then move him to another position...atleast Winky has some film at db...

Treon Harris is another one who could be a big time cb if he wanted too...ALL these kids are the next Russel Wilson though without even seeing how that guy put up huge numbers since hs..and is as cerebral as they come.

This is a very important point. before you can put prototype size aside, you have to see a lot of things. size is the tie breaker+, if smaller guys don't have the arm strength, the accuracy, the throwing motion and the football IQ to put their passing ceiling above another guy of ideal size it increases the risk that goes with the reward that a wilson/montana/brees was/is. size in the pocket impacts multitple things, from field vision, to changing the passing windows, to putting the ball in a higher risk position for fumbles within the pocket.

have the short guys gotten as fair a shake as they should have? no, they haven't. unfortunately if you are not fully sold on a prospects passing ability and if you aren't sure a guy is going to be fully committed to his craft if he is moved away from qb if the experiment doesn't work, it makes the offer very to make.

flowers may very well go on to be an absolute baller at QB at the U or somewhere else, but until scholarship sanctions are officially off the table, and until it is clear that a change of position won't lead to mentally checking out, it is understandable when the staff is hesitant to offer if they don't think he has the best arm in the '14 class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back