QB Quinton Flowers

The qb's height argument has never made sense,

i don't know. have you seen our O linemen? how are you going to be short, stay in the pocket, and read the routes?

Have you seen nfl Ol? There's been plenty of 6 ft qb's especially before the nfl started the prototype crap the last 15-20 years.It's all about throwing angles and release point. These shorter guys have been short their entire lives, if you can make all the throws is was matters.

In a perfect world I'd rather have a 6'5 qb with no flaws in his game but plenty of good qb's are overlooked because of an inch or two.

I said all along Russel Wilson was a first round talent but the gm's were too stupid to see it because of his height. I saw that kid from a freshmen on and he was a great " football player". That gets throw out the window these days.

I'm not saying you can put a 5'7 guy back there but acting like 6 ft is too short is nuts.

other then Drew Brees name another 6' pocket passer in the NFL

Advertisement

i don't know. have you seen our O linemen? how are you going to be short, stay in the pocket, and read the routes?

Have you seen nfl Ol? There's been plenty of 6 ft qb's especially before the nfl started the prototype crap the last 15-20 years.It's all about throwing angles and release point. These shorter guys have been short their entire lives, if you can make all the throws is was matters.

In a perfect world I'd rather have a 6'5 qb with no flaws in his game but plenty of good qb's are overlooked because of an inch or two.

I said all along Russel Wilson was a first round talent but the gm's were too stupid to see it because of his height. I saw that kid from a freshmen on and he was a great " football player". That gets throw out the window these days.

I'm not saying you can put a 5'7 guy back there but acting like 6 ft is too short is nuts.

Not this game. That's my point, they DON'T get the same opportunity wise guy .

They had a special on either Espn or nfl network on this not too long ago because of Russell Wilson . You'd be shocked if you knew how many qb's in history that are listed 6'1 - 6'2 but are more 5'11 - 6ft.

It was no secret Joe Montana was not 6'1, more 5'11 1/2 -6 ft. He was pretty good.

russell wilson

russell wilson

Dude , he set himself up with an out clause " pocket passer". Like that fing matters. Btw, Russell is a pocket passer that's an athlete. So I'll save this guy the time.

Chase Daniel 5'11
Brees 6ft ( more like 5'11)
Vick 6ft. ( more 5'11 1/2
Russell Wilson. 6' more like 5'11

Three of the four that start have pretty good completion % and passing stats.

According to Flowers in a recent interview, he strictly intends on playing QB and plans to show the coaches when he camps in the summer.

Advertisement
QB Quinton Flowers explains #Miami offer situation and his future in football:
[video=youtube;q41R_ZvYEDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q41R_ZvYEDc[/video]

For Class of 2014 quarterback Quinton Flowers, the question he’s most asked is what position he’ll be playing at the next level. The answer is usually along the lines of, “I’m a quarterback” as the Miami (Fla.) Jackson product doesn’t see himself in any other role. After performing well at the QB position in every platform asked of him, it’s easy to see why he’s sticking to his guns.

At the Palm Beach 7v7 Shootout at Ezell Hester Park in Boynton Beach, Fla., last Saturday, Flowers (5-11/190) made a statement as he led Team Fire to a championship all the while making it look easy. Watch this video interview of him talking about improving his skills with teammate Jovon Durante and recruiting.

IMO kid does everything right, works hard, leads his team, and puts up numbers without the best team around him. I feel we should offer him as a QB give him 2-3 years to prove himself then take it from there. Defintely a better prospect as a QB, WR, & DB than treon Harris JMO

IMO kid does everything right, works hard, leads his team, and puts up numbers without the best team around him. I feel we should offer him as a QB give him 2-3 years to prove himself then take it from there. Defintely a better prospect as a QB, WR, & DB than treon Harris JMO

I think Treon Harris could be a lock down CB

backyard-football-1.jpg

Advertisement

Flowers at S > Harris at CB. Harris doesn't want to switch from Qb either tho....he can't really think fsu believes he's the future at Qb

Flowers at S > Harris at CB. Harris doesn't want to switch from Qb either tho....he can't really think fsu believes he's the future at Qb
I always take the corner if its close. I think Harris knows deep down he is a corner. No way in **** does his family believe Jimbo is going to play him at QB.

Look at his offer list to play QB: UCF, USF, App State, etc

The sooner this kid realizes he's a DB, and probably a good one at that, the better off he'll be.

Advertisement
Flowers is a baller. I dont care how tall he is b/c the kid can play. Offer him as a QB and let him compete.

i hate that they keep throwing out riussel wilsons name just because of height.

Wilsonw as LEGIT from day one. These are his hs stats...A prep standout at Richmond (VA) Collegiate School, the 5-foot-11, 191-pounder passed for nearly 7,500 yards and 74 touchdowns in his two years as the starting quarterback. The dual-threat athlete also rushed for another 1,800 yards and 33 scores.

every 5'10-5'11 scrub with 700-900 yd passing on the year at qb for their team think their Wilson.

That dude has a big arm...played centerfield in the minors...and is "SMART"...AND GOT GOOD QB COACHING AT BOTH OF HIS COLLEGES.

I'll recruit the **** out of Winky Flowers though...as an athlete..i give hima week or two to see or realize where he will see more p.t. at....that street ball stuff doesnt work on the next level....its crazy because he will go to another school n the same deal with happen ...they give him a shot then move him to another position...atleast Winky has some film at db...

Treon Harris is another one who could be a big time cb if he wanted too...ALL these kids are the next Russel Wilson though without even seeing how that guy put up huge numbers since hs..and is as cerebral as they come.

Advertisement
Does he want to be the next dernard and switch for nfl or switch now and make millions sooner and start perfecting his craft in the nfl?

I say we offer the kid at QB, sit him down and be honest with him, "we'll give you a legitimate shot at QB, but in the event you don't fare well after year 2 or possibly 3, you're running the risk of shaving time off your development at another position", he's too talented for us to allow him to get away

Why 2 weeks move him? With the qb we have on roster, I could see him beating all of them out. Not far fetched. Alot of the stuff people are bring up as far as playing style is out of necessity. He HAS to play like that for jackson to even have a chance in any game, I am sure with good coaching he could develop. I am a fan of a guy like edourd but fact is, Flowers is a much better accomplished qb than alin. Im not gonna sit here and knock Alin and his team but Jackson doesnt have much talent and almost got to state on the strength of Flowers. I would love to see him in a atmosphere with a more controlled offense and some talent around him.

Advertisement
Back