QB Quinton Flowers

Will he be receptive?

I don't think so, but it's worth a shot. If he doesn't get an opportunity at QB at a major program, maybe he will reconsider. He's been adamant in all the interviews I do with him that he was going to play QB.

Anyone recruiting him to play QB?

Purdue,UCF,Marshall

Would he really choose one of those "lesser" programs just to play QB? It prob would cost him millions in the long run.

Thanks Pete

Well that's what I'm saying...it's a choice he will have to make. Seems like an easy one to us outsiders, but you have to realize this guy has been the man at QB since optimist... It's tough for these kids to give up their primary position, especially when they're a legend like he is

Advertisement
Would he really choose one of those "lesser" programs just to play QB? It prob would cost him millions in the long run.

Thanks Pete

Brees, Marshall, Moss came out of the so called lesser schools and made bank.

it's not where you play, but how that matters.

I don't think so, but it's worth a shot. If he doesn't get an opportunity at QB at a major program, maybe he will reconsider. He's been adamant in all the interviews I do with him that he was going to play QB.

Anyone recruiting him to play QB?

Purdue,UCF,Marshall

Thanks Pete

Well that's what I'm saying...it's a choice he will have to make. Seems like an easy one to us outsiders, but you have to realize this guy has been the man at QB since optimist... It's tough for these kids to give up their primary position, especially when they're a legend like he is

I concur. As adults it is an ease decisoin that hindsight for us make easy. For a high school kid, who knows? Just hope he considers how Shoelace played out

Thanks Pete

I don't disagree with you, but there are plenty of examples to the contary, like Shoelace. If he would have played WR of CB from the start he would be lined up for bank now too.

Advertisement
I don't understand why we don't recruit him at QB... Let him get embarrassed in camp and then move to S? Pretty easy scenario..

Thanks Pete

I don't disagree with you, but there are plenty of examples to the contary, like Shoelace. If he would have played WR of CB from the start he would be lined up for bank now too.

Russel wilson plays QB in the NFL

Thanks Pete

Russel wilson plays QB in the NFL

and at least 28 of the other 31 starters in the nfl are at least 4 inches taller. a few make it through with less than ideal measurables, that is not grounds to ignore said measurables during evaluation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Pete

Moss started at FSU and was drafted late 1st because he came from Marshall. Had Moss been able to stay at FSU they woulda won the 1997 Fiesta Bowl and he woulda been a top 5 pick.

Purdue isn't a lesser school, it's in the Big Ten. Purdue has a great academic reputation and a solid Athletics Dept.

Don't know what happened with Marshall, maybe grades or he didn't have the measurables comin out of High School

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Moss had stayed at FSU they would have won in 96 AND 97...Their dynasty would have been like ours in the 80s and Bamas is now...

Anyway, this QF argument is getting old. The staff is not letting him be a QB here. Just like they not letting QW be a CB. They are being honest with these kids and I like that. Ask Denard Robinson if he could turn back the hands of time if he would have left that QB crap alone alot sooner then he did..I still say he left 10-15mill on the table being stubborn..

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1478317 said:

Thanks Pete

Moss started at FSU and was drafted late 1st because he came from Marshall. Had Moss been able to stay at FSU they woulda won the 1997 Fiesta Bowl and he woulda been a top 5 pick.

Purdue isn't a lesser school, it's in the Big Ten. Purdue has a great academic reputation and a solid Athletics Dept.

Don't know what happened with Marshall, maybe grades or he didn't have the measurables comin out of High School

Moss dropped because of off-field concerns, period.

Purdue has produced more NFL hall of fame QB's than most schools. Griese, Dawson and Brees come to mind.

Purdue's academic reputation is based almost entirely on its engineering program. Maybe to a lesser extent some of their Ag programs. Beyond that, I'm not sure if they have any real standout departments that're that much better than those of any other big state school.

I mean if Flowers is really interested in exploring the tensile strength of experimental alloys, or working to eradicate viruses transmitted through hog populations, by all means, Boiler up. But if he is going to be like every other college football player and major in sleeping through "History of Gilligans Island 201" there is no reason to choose Purdue if the deciding factor is academics.

Advertisement
The qb's height argument has never made sense, majority of the shorter guys never get drafted or never get a fair shot. Nfl gm's are stuck on "prototypical ". I know scouts who have been told not to even look at qb's under 6'2, ridiculous.

If you say majority of the qbs in the league are over 6'3 then the same majority of busts are over 6'3. Arguably the greatest qb ever ( Montana) was listed 6'1 but was closer to 5'11. Same as Russell, Vick and Brees.

I watched Doug Flutie ball out for the Bills but lose his job because Rob Johnson " looked" the part, he had the height, build and big arm but SUCKED.

Last edited:
He is a legend at QB, but he also made some plays on defense. He even had a pick six to close the game out against American Heritage in the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what decision he makes. IMO, he could blow up at the safety position.

Last edited:
The qb's under height argument has never made sense, majority of the shorter guys never get drafted or never get a fair shot. Nfl gm's are stuck on "prototypical ". I know scouts who have been told not to even look at qb's under 6'2, ridiculous.

If you say majority of the qbs in the league are over 6'3 then the same majority of busts are over 6'3. Arguably the greatest qb ever ( Montana) was listed 6'1 but was closer to 5'11. Same as Russell, Vick and Brees.

I watched Doug Flutie ball out for the Bills but lose his job because Rob Johnson " looked" the part, he had the height, build and big arm but SUCKED.

Charlie Ward sympathizes with Doug Flutie.

Advertisement
The qb's under height argument has never made sense, majority of the shorter guys never get drafted or never get a fair shot. Nfl gm's are stuck on "prototypical ". I know scouts who have been told not to even look at qb's under 6'2, ridiculous.

Charlie Ward sympathizes with Doug Flutie.

That's just another example of the nfl cookie cutter mentality. I actually used race as an example but edited it out because that would possibly hijack the thread. The conversation was " height " related.

Charlie had all the talent in the world but didn't " look" the part.

Saying a black man couldn't play qb back then is about as retarded as saying a 5'11 can't now. A player is a player .

We got hit with LOI. Al is trying to be somewhat conservative with scholarships just in case we lose 5-10 and guys who want to play a position we wont let them play, who will get ****ed or transfer out, isn't where his recruiting game is at right now. Makes sense to me.

That said, I'd like to see Winky offered. I remember Roscoe Parish and Ethnic Sands. Different type of player, but still, sometimes QB's make great players somewhere else. Wasnt Reyshawn Jenkins a QB?

The qb's height argument has never made sense,

i don't know. have you seen our O linemen? how are you going to be short, stay in the pocket, and read the routes?

Have you seen nfl Ol? There's been plenty of 6 ft qb's especially before the nfl started the prototype crap the last 15-20 years.It's all about throwing angles and release point. These shorter guys have been short their entire lives, if you can make all the throws with accuracy is what matters.

In a perfect world I'd rather have a 6'5 qb with no flaws in his game but plenty of good qb's are overlooked because of an inch or two.

I said all along Russel Wilson was a first round talent but the gm's were too stupid to see it because of his height. I saw that kid from a freshmen on and he was a great " football player". That gets throw out the window these days.

I'm not saying you can put a 5'7 guy back there but acting like 6 ft is too short is nuts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back