Qb Morris Reminds Me Of

252cane

All-ACC
So i was chillin checking out football and **** and i saw a qb morris is very similar to. Yall boys might not agree or you might get mad but the qb is jay cutler. Both have ****** rocket arms and both guys have ? footwork. They both rely on their arm and sling the ball without setting their feet properly. I believe he can be better than cutler but sm17 is still raw and should have redshirted. By the way he going for 300+ and 3tds vs the gators.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have no issue with comparisons to that prick of an NFL qb, who came within arguably 1 awful, rigged excessive celebration penalty of beating Florida with Vandy in OT. He also has some totally off the wall boneheaded decisions from time to time. He has some Favre in him as well I would say, often ignoring the open underneath stuff for the deep plays. And the throwing to open linebackers. So far, the biggest differences between he and Favre are that he less commonly throws while being sacked, seems less apt to scramble against his throwing arm, and Favre's receivers (Walker, Brooks, Freeman, Driver, Rice) didn't drop those deep bombs for TDs.

Totally a laytards take.

Last edited:
Aaron Rodgers. His accuracy isnt there yet, but he has a similar arm, throws a rope without a lot of air under it, has underrated mobility and ability to avoid would be tacklers.

This thread however might be more appropriate to address next week....

This thread could turn into Derrick Crudup comparisons and still be a better thread than anyone that Newkirk or sfsns post in.

Advertisement
Aaron Rodgers. His accuracy isnt there yet, but he has a similar arm, throws a rope without a lot of air under it, has underrated mobility and ability to avoid would be tacklers.

i agree with both your statements i think he could develop into rodgers type but if he don't play well saturday mutha****as will be asking for williams or olsen to start hahaha.

I think his ceiling is Andy Dalton. Smart kid, good arm, doesnt try to do too much, throws an NFL ball. Staff really plucked a diamond in the rough.

Understatement of the century.

What an absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Advertisement
Aaron Rodgers

43.gif

I have no idea who to compare him to at this point. In terms of production, I've thought his upside is being someone like Matthew Stafford - both in the pros and in college.

He's got a long way to go before reaching Jays status.

Cutler is incredibly gifted....alot more than Morris and Morris has some good tools.

Advertisement
In the fau game, jay schroeder. He believes he can beat coverage throwing an 80 yard bomb with the trajectory of a laser beam.

In the fau game, jay schroeder. He believes he can beat coverage throwing an 80 yard bomb with the trajectory of a laser beam.

My man busting out a Jay Schroeder call. These kids don't know from Jay Schroeder. Might as well have compared him to Deiter Brock or the Throwin' Samoan Jack Thompson.

Aaron Rodgers? You see, Aaron Rodgers? Surely this is a troll.

Advertisement
Jay Cutler is a really solid comparison.

A bit erratic but with a howitzer for an arm, the ability to adjust throwing angles, and the ability to move his feet.

Stephen is probably going to crush the combine and pro day.

Again with the Rodgers BS. Dude is a fkin hal of famer, Cutler is a perfect example. They both beat who there suppose to beat but if its an equal team they under perform and are shaky and nervous in the pocket. 1 thing though is Cutler can work the middle of the field in the short yardage game and goes through his reads. Usually SM goes to his 2nd read while hes already running in the pocket, he rarely stays in the pocket on his 2nd read. If SM worked the middle with the TEs we have Uf would have no shot but I dont believe in this kid. What u see is what u get IMO. Hes still a good player and this team can win games but hes gotta be better in those areas, I for one dont think he can but we still can win without him he just can turn it over. QBs with cannon for arms and no touch rarely win big its like there arm is a curse...I prefer someone in between because the best QBs are in between.

The best qbs in CFB right now (Manzel,Aj,Murray,Teddy etc.) have decent arms and know how to put touch on the ball. SM cant do it he just cant, he will kill the nfl combine though and someone will draft him and those fans eventually will say the same. Even the fkin kid from fsuk put nice touch on it thats what impressed me (I know it was one game for al the butthurt people who will say its 1 game cuz hes a nole) the truth is the truth like Angel Garcia says, SM has to improve drastically in that area and pocket awareness, kid get rattled quick and cant feel pressure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back