QB Malik Willis

Advertisement
I personally think we should focus on recruiting talented QB and developing them so we can have sustained success on the offense and leadership. Instead of a 1/2 year stint and off to the NFL. However, if we do have room we could try and get some of the talented QBs in the portal.
I’m on the TVD boat but I feel he needs 1 more year. This kid would be a 1 yr rental. This kid basically runs our offense.

Made a list of 5-6 potential kids...he was on it.

Willis
Ahlers- ECU
Plumlee- Ole Miss
B.Peters- Ill
Johnston- UAB
Hutchinson- EMU
Conley- Lou

Not saying all are stars...Just trying to keep it realistic. Some are grad transfers, some younger...But they hand waivers out like candy nowadays.

Willis
Ahlers- ECU
Plumlee- Ole Miss
B.Peters- Ill
Johnston- UAB
Hutchinson- EMU
Conley- Lou

Not saying all are stars...Just trying to keep it realistic. Some are grad transfers, some younger...But they hand waivers out like candy nowadays.
You get one free transfer starting next season.

Advertisement
There will be 5-6 high profile QBs in the portal next season, at least, based on the past couple of years. Probably more. Willis would be a Tier 1 guy but he might be going pro. I say go the Oklahoma route and take one of these transfers every year if we can get a good one, and keep trying to develop high school guys too. Eventually you find the kind (like OU has with Rattler) that can allow you to get out of the portal route for a cycle or two.

Willis
Ahlers- ECU
Plumlee- Ole Miss
B.Peters- Ill
Johnston- UAB
Hutchinson- EMU
Conley- Lou

I’m actually surprised someone knows who Holton Ahlers is.

With his team being undefeated, he may want to take his chances to the league now. But if King leaves and Willis wants one more year, give him to me. Hugh Freeze will be at a P5 school next year. Kid will be highly sought after.

There will be 5-6 high profile QBs in the portal next season, at least, based on the past couple of years. Probably more. Willis would be a Tier 1 guy but he might be going pro. I say go the Oklahoma route and take one of these transfers every year if we can get a good one, and keep trying to develop high school guys too. Eventually you find the kind (like OU has with Rattler) that can allow you to get out of the portal route for a cycle or two.
For me he will go to a P5 team before he goes pro. He needs to play more vs the big boys. Also needs to work some on his mechanics.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great runner. Unorthodox throwing mechanics. By comparison, King is a much better passer in my view. Overall, I don’t know how he translates to being an every Saturday P5 QB like King.

I’m no QB whisperer or expert, but I’m definitely not seeing an NFL QB here. Not that it matters, the question is, is he a P5 QB you can win with? I just don’t know. His throwing concerns me.

Great runner. Unorthodox throwing mechanics. By comparison, King is a much better passer in my view. Overall, I don’t know how he translates to being an every Saturday P5 QB like King.

I’m no QB whisperer or expert, but I’m definitely not seeing an NFL QB here. Not that it matters, the question is, is he a P5 QB you can win with? I just don’t know. His throwing concerns me.
Throwing motion is one thing but I don’t care how he throws it as long as he’s accurate. He’s completing 68% of his passes and only has thrown 1 int vs 15 passing tds. He absolutely translates to P5. He had a better game statistically than King when they played Va Tech with less talent.

Advertisement
Throwing motion is one thing but I don’t care how he throws it as long as he’s accurate. He’s completing 68% of his passes and only has thrown 1 int vs 15 passing tds. He absolutely translates to P5. He had a better game statistically than King when they played Va Tech with less talent.

That doesn’t necessarily mean he translates to P5. I think you’re overestimating those statistics And using one game, and the transitive property, which rarely works. I know what my eyes see and I think King is a much better passer.

Like I said I’m no expert though. I could be wrong. Im seeing a great runner and a guy that just chucks the ball with a baseball motion. Maybe I’m wrong. Time will tell.

Mechanics are key. From what I have seen, Willis does not throw many ducks. Got a good tight spiral, actually.

As long as the ball comes out clean, I am fine with it. Thats the number one thing. If your mechanics are responsible for you throwing ducks, you gotta change something. Willis doesnt, so its okay.

Advertisement
Back