Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Take Rashada deal and give it to 2 Blue Chip OTs. Go grab Emory Williams instead and start recruiting 2024 QBs. Were not in desperate need of a QB. Jake is on deck next year with 3 years of eligibility left and that's only if TVD leaves. If TVD returns were good until 2024 and have Jaccuri and Emory on deck plus the 2024 QB. We can always hit the portal for a starter if needed
You have no idea if we even have to choose money wise. I believe we can have it all now…just not dumb to waste money either overpaying

Advertisement
I don't look for praise from a message board that most of you think is a Bible. Also a board that thought Lingard was the best RB we've ever recruited. I'm just saying Emory is absolutely more college ready than Rashada. Yes he might be more athletic but we are talking QB. give me the guy with a good arm that is smart and can read defense and has a good pocket presence over just a strong arm athlete

Please cut-paste any post that actually says this.

Sure, Lingard was one of the five most-highly-rated recruits we signed over the past 15 years. But I think "fan excitement" is not the same thing as evaluating his skills and abilities.

Solid post.
It's not difficult to find quality QBs anymore like it was once was with the portal. Also about half of the 5 star QBs flop every year and never become nothing. Emory Williams could end up being better then Rashada. Yes I agree you need to take a QB every year but I wouldn't get into a massive bidding war for a QB recruit that hasn't Proven anything unless we have like unlimited resources. If we have a Nil budget like essentially a salary cap I would rather grab Emory Williams and use the remaining Nil money on other blue chip recruits. But if we don't have a budget then outbid everyone for every player.

Advertisement
As someone who follows Bama closely you of all people should know this is not the risk to take if you want to be a perennial playoff contender.

Now if Emory is that Dude then that’s different but “punting” on a QB because of who you have on the roster is not it.
Bama would still win big if they had a Jag at QB. I find trench play more important than QB play in college for overall success. I would rather have elite trenches and an average starting QB I grabbed from the portal then and elite QB and average trenches. I also never said anything about punting. I said I would rather take Emory and 2 Blue Chip OTs over just Rashada if there's a budget. If there is not then go get the best players possible

He must think Rosier was our best QB in the last 10 years. because he had the best record. And Jacory Harris was better than TVD. I could keep going
C’mon bruh HS isn’t college. An elite HS QB with an elite WR should torch everyone in that sorry *** division. Man went 0-5 in the division. We gotta win at least 1 league game lol I don’t think that’s asking for too much.

Every QB you’re referring to won big in HS btw because it’s not that hard to win when you’re the best player on the field every week in HS.

I’m not on the Emory is trash train. But I’m the captain of the Emory is average train. We’re taking passengers all are welcome.

I watched a couple full games. His team isn’t good outside of the WR committed to UGA...... but the competition he plays is really really bad. I believe it’s probably some of the worst football played in the state so his lack of wins is also concerning given 2 p5 offensive players.

He runs a fairly complex offense, quick decision maker, and is accurate. He is going to crush it at the elite 11 but if we don’t see more wins in the win column this upcoming year I’m concerned if he’s the lone qb in the class
This is about the fairest take I've heard so far. This kid's got skills but I don't know how they will translate when you move up a weight class. It can happen but the risk is higher. It's best if he's not the lone QB in this class.

And I'm not saying that because he should be thought of as a back-up plan. We should never take anyone we don't think can play and contribute. It's about mitigating the risk.

Advertisement
It's not difficult to find quality QBs anymore like it was once was with the portal. Also about half of the 5 star QBs flop every year and never become nothing. Emory Williams could end up being better then Rashada. Yes I agree you need to take a QB every year but I wouldn't get into a massive bidding war for a QB recruit that hasn't Proven anything unless we have like unlimited resources. If we have a Nil budget like essentially a salary cap I would rather grab Emory Williams and use the remaining Nil money on other blue chip recruits. But if we don't have a budget then outbid everyone for every player.

You say about half of the 5* QBs flop every year. Want to take a stab at the percentage of 3* QBs that flop?

To be fair, all of college football but Wyoming passed on Josh Allen
And for every Josh Allen there are 10k Preston Deweys. It’s like me talking to myself at the bar after 15 drinks. Tiffany is a known 7 and she wants to go fvck, but there is Cecilia over there and from my vantage point could be a 9. Now the stats say that after 15 drinks she isn’t a 9 but that one time my boy brought home a 10 so why can’t it happen to me this time? Chances are Cecilia is in fact a 3 or 4 and the chances of her having a **** is probably higher than her being a 9.

Take Rashada deal and give it to 2 Blue Chip OTs. Go grab Emory Williams instead and start recruiting 2024 QBs. Were not in desperate need of a QB. Jake is on deck next year with 3 years of eligibility left and that's only if TVD leaves. If TVD returns were good until 2024 and have Jaccuri and Emory on deck plus the 2024 QB. We can always hit the portal for a starter if needed
This is something the staff should’ve done a few months ago. Haven’t gotten any of the top 2024 kids on campus as of today so we are behind in that aspect. Have to go all in on Rashada now.

Advertisement
And for every Josh Allen there are 10k Preston Deweys. It’s like me talking to myself at the bar after 15 drinks. Tiffany is a known 7 and she wants to go fvck, but there is Cecilia over there and from my vantage point could be a 9. Now the stats say that after 15 drinks she isn’t a 9 but that one time my boy brought home a 10 so why can’t it happen to me this time? Chances are Cecilia is in fact a 3 or 4 and the chances of her having a **** is probably higher than her being a 9.
Bobby 100 - Internet 0

Note to self: Never go drinking with bobbydigius.

Advertisement
you're drunk right now. Guaranteed.

We play UF in 2024 and 2025 - this is a chance to not only land a top QB, use him to land other recruits, and win a HUGE national PR story, but it's an opportunity to set UF back, put Napier in a locker, implode their class, and change the QB we will probably play against twice.

This is more complex than whether we want a kid or not.

Last edited:
It tracks

Are we still talking about quarterbacks?

Advertisement
Back