Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Idk if we can do better tbh. These high ranked QBs will require significant funds for the foreseable future. Maybe if TVD gets drafted in the 1st like CIS has proclaimed we will have some QB appeal. Until then we aren't getting a discount and the project/upside guys are more our speed/price range. It's very possible he has improved but I'd like to see it in a game.

This is kind of mopey.

We have a coveted 5 star very interested and it seems all we have to do is match. We haven’t even talked about Moore’s interest.

I understand you not believing in Williams, but we are six months away from anyone signing anywhere. More players than ever are going to wait to commit or sign due to trying to maximize their deals.

We are on Williams because there was a staff connection. It takes time to build relationships for the results we want. We are currently doing that with 24 and beyond recruits.

We will be fine. We got money. But it’s ballin on a budget money. It ain’t A&M “*** it” money. We have to play this process SMART to maximize value. We need big time players all over, not just in the quarterback room. Let our guys work. We will sign a very talented class.

This is kind of mopey.

We have a coveted 5 star very interested and it seems all we have to do is match. We haven’t even talked about Moore’s interest.

I understand you not believing in Williams, but we are six months away from anyone signing anywhere. More players than ever are going to wait to commit or sign due to trying to maximize their deals.

We are on Williams because there was a staff connection. It takes time to build relationships for the results we want. We are currently doing that with 24 and beyond recruits.

We will be fine. We got money. But it’s ballin on a budget money. It ain’t A&M “*** it” money. We have to play this process SMART to maximize value. We need big time players all over, not just in the quarterback room. Let our guys work. We will sign a very talented class.
I'm definitely mopey in terms of QB recruiting. Half the board is set on settling for what we have already because they've proven so much. Being a finalist for a player means absolutely nothing. We were just as optimistic for Rashada and that didn't amount to anything. Having an elite QB as an embassador transforms classes and not having that is a let down.

Only one QB can play at a time. You give Rashada 1 million per year…TVD will want at least double. Garcia will want more than Rashada and so will Brown or at least double whatever he’s getting.

All of sudden for one year you can have 4-5 million allocated to one position.

If we had A&M money then sure who cares if you have a million dollar investment sitting on the bench every game but we don’t have it like that.

I’m not saying for us not to take a QB this cycle…I’m saying we have to be smart with the resources. UF is desperate otherwise he wouldn’t be getting that kind of offer.
TVD is working on a way bigger contract than that. In terms of Garcia, yeah he is in a tough spot because he was apart of the last class that didn’t have NIL. I said it’s messy but what do you do, not play the game for elite QBs? Like I said, don’t expect this to get easier next year. Brown just isnt in any position of power at the moment, he isnt the same prospect as either Garcia or Rashada. Garcia could fetch some money on the transfer market right now, Brown cant.

Going back to Garcia, while he is in a tough spot, his situation will work itself out if he is the QB many think he is. If TVD leaves, its his job to win. If he takes care of business on the field the NIL will come, because businesses will want a piece of the kid. His other option is to transfer, but there are risks there for him.

Now you bring up a valid point on budget, but do you know the budget? I dont, I can only judge by what the market is telling us and even then we have been told not to trust those numbers. What I do know is that while we are not 8-4 NIL wise we are still probably top 15 in the country. Would you agree with that assessment? Running with that, we are in a better position than ever money wise as previously we weren't even in the game. Also another aspect that we dont know is whether or not these deals are guaranteed or not, feel like most just assume they are with no proof. I bring this up because your concern is that all of a sudden you can have 4-5MM allocated in one position and that would not be prudent. Well its not prudent if the budget is only 10MM and all if not most of that money is guaranteed but we dont know that. One thing we do know is that problem isnt exclusive to Miami. Everyone else has budgets whatever they maybe outside of 8-4 and Texas.

So now what do we do? I for one am all about getting the best talent possible at the premier position in the game. We've seen it over and over again, that a QB can completely change the trajectory of your entire program. Cam did it at Auburn. Winston took a corch according to many on here in Jimbo and helped him win a title. Keep in mind that Jimbo had loaded up in the treches prior to that but it was Winston that took him to the promised land. Clemsoning was a verb until Watson showed up. In order to do that, you need to pay up or you will get left behind.

I'm definitely mopey in terms of QB recruiting. Half the board is set on settling for what we have already because they've proven so much. Being a finalist for a player means absolutely nothing. We were just as optimistic for Rashada and that didn't amount to anything. Having an elite QB as an embassador transforms classes and not having that is a let down.

Who says it’s over with Rashada?

Rashada’s recruitment won’t be over until he signs a letter of intent.

Whatever happens between now and then is websites baiting for clicks and fans riding the emotional roller coaster.

Man, a lot of people ain’t ready for this NIL life. The old rules and timelines are gone. It’s June and people are freaking. How the **** they gonna make until December or February (or God forbid, longer)?

Advertisement
Who says it’s over with Rashada?

Rashada’s recruitment won’t be over until he signs a letter of intent.

Whatever happens between now and then is websites baiting for clicks and fans riding the emotional roller coaster.

Man, a lot of people ain’t ready for this NIL life. The old rules and timelines are gone. It’s June and people are freaking. How the **** they gonna make until December or February (or God forbid, longer)?
I think we still end up with a decent class regardless of QB in the class. The difference between 5-10 and 15-20 will be who the signal caller is. QBs typically aren't deciding in December what college to attend because they spend the fall recruiting who they'd like to play with. Emory calling Jalen Brown vs Jaden calling Jalen Brown doesn't have the same effect regardless of how CIS tries to spin it.

Last edited:
I’m almost willing to wait for the portal to spend nil money in proven commodities but who knows man. Will be interesting to see how the market corrects when some of these kids bust.
Sounds good but Miami didnt land any big dogs in the portal. Not sure how big an emphasis Mario has on paying top dollar. I think until our NIL handicap (state law) is changed we will probably look for solid over elite.

Sounds good but Miami didnt land any big dogs in the portal. Not sure how big an emphasis Mario has on paying top dollar. I think until our NIL handicap (state law) is changed we will probably look for solid over elite.
We also didn’t have a staff when all the top dogs were in the portal. Also the top players in the portal already have there minds made up and are not truly in a bidding war.

Advertisement
What if we miss on a elite QB next cycle 2024 then we would just be stuck with Emory over a two period cycle, that's something FSU would do we got to be careful taking things for granted and pushing things off until the next cycle. We seen that first hand with cornerback recruiting

Transfer portal is always and I mean always an option for QB’s. You think all these highly recruited kids are going to go sit the bench for multiple years at other schools? We will see QB movement every off season for now until they no longer allows transfers to play immediately.

We also didn’t have a staff when all the top dogs were in the portal. Also the top players in the portal already have there minds made up and are not truly in a bidding war.
I agree and Miami will need to win this year to have some appeal since we don't have unlimited money.

Here’s the question…. If we set up a collective, how much do you think it could raise? The Gators are about $10-12 mil right now as much as we want to give them grief… let’s say Ruiz is capped out a $5m to use a round number, how much could we raise on top and where would you go to raise it?

Transfer portal is always and I mean always an option for QB’s. You think all these highly recruited kids are going to go sit the bench for multiple years at other schools? We will see QB movement every off season for now until they no longer allows transfers to play immediately.
Yea that's an option just would like to rely on that less and less each year maybe grab 3 to 5 portal guys each cycle

Advertisement
Akheem Mesidor and Darrell Jackson say ‘hi’. Last I checked we beat out SEC schools like Florida for Darrell and just about everyone wanted Akheem. He’s widely considered an elite DE with first/second round potential, pretty certain he was described as a ‘game-wrecker’. We missed at WR, that’s about it? Debatably linebacker too but that depends on who you believe as far as what Steele and Strong think about the room.

Akheem Mesidor and Darrell Jackson say ‘hi’. Last I checked we beat out SEC schools like Florida for Darrell and just about everyone wanted Akheem. He’s widely considered an elite DE with first/second round potential, pretty certain he was described as a ‘game-wrecker’. We missed at WR, that’s about it? Debatably linebacker too but that depends on who you believe as far as what Steele and Strong think about the room.
I hope so.

Advertisement
Also Agude. Oregon, UW, and Tenn wanted him as well.

asdfadf
adf
I’m almost willing to wait for the portal to spend nil money in proven commodities but who knows man. Will be interesting to see how the market corrects when some of these kids bust.
Its not as simple as it sounds though. If a high school QB is getting offers worth close to a million before he plays his senior season, what's a proven commodity going to cost?

Here’s the question…. If we set up a collective, how much do you think it could raise? The Gators are about $10-12 mil right now as much as we want to give them grief… let’s say Ruiz is capped out a $5m to use a round number, how much could we raise on top and where would you go to raise it?
The Rock! lol every time he does a movie .00 whatever percent goes to the Miami collective.

For real though good question. Its likely something we're going to have to figure out eventually.

Advertisement
Back