Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Leaving Tennessee to go elsewhere?

That’s the rumor. He took millions and it’s more then 2 Million. But who the heck knows. We will see what happens. Could Mario have heard something similar from his connections out west and backed off? I guess we will find out

Advertisement
On3 estimates Rashada’s NIL to be $410k. I assume that’s per season.
Seems like a gimmick designed to be a “differentiator“ in their field. They need many reasons for people to sub to them instead of/or in addition to 247. There is zero market history on HS QBs with NIL, history is literally being made with this class. Any numbers they propose are purely speculative.

Let's say we give Rashada $3M a year to come.

What about Garcia? He has a good chance of being the starter next year.

What about Brown? He's a four star quarterback.

Don't they deserve comparable money to a player who has not even participated in a practice?

And what about TVD? He's at $1M now - certainly he would command a raise.

So if you're willing to give Rashada $3M, are you prepared to also fork out another $6 - $10M this year to keep TVD, Garcia, and Brown happy?
And I’ve not seen any discussion of the possible repercussions of some players getting “paid” while others are still scraping together a few bucks for a trip to McDonalds. If/when some of these 5* players get large NIL deals, how will that affect team chemistry?

Advertisement
Until we recruit at a higher level every acc game is a trap game. It will likely take 3 years of elite recruiting to confidently say we’re going to smash the Virginia and Georgia techs of the world. We’re not there

I have tried to explain this to people, but most either don't understand or want to live in denial. Yes, we have a talent advantage to win any game against a Coastal opponent on a neutral field, but it's not so great an advantage that we should be marking Ws in pen. When the talent margin is slim, so is the margin of error. And having a marginal to solid talent advantage is not the same as having the sort of talent advantage that comes from stacking top 5 recruiting classes. If you look at preseason FPI (an admittedly poor metric), the difference between Clemson and UM is greater than the difference between UM and UVA.

Here's another way to think of it. Let's assume UM currently has enough of a talent advantage to beat Duke 9 out of 10 times, GT 8 out of 10 times, VT 8 out of 10 times, UVA 7 out of 10 times, and Pitt 7 out of 10 times (which I think is probably over-selling our talent advantage over some of those teams). That still means we have a 28.2% chance of going undefeated against those teams, a 41.4% chance of going 4-1, and a 30.4% chance of losing 2 or more of those games.

Miami can do better based off film with respect to Williams. And I’m not a take a kid from Florida just because kinda guy. The QB commit fro
Texas that committed to Michigan State for example has better pocket presence a similar arm etc. i hope he got better
Idk if we can do better tbh. These high ranked QBs will require significant funds for the foreseable future. Maybe if TVD gets drafted in the 1st like CIS has proclaimed we will have some QB appeal. Until then we aren't getting a discount and the project/upside guys are more our speed/price range. It's very possible he has improved but I'd like to see it in a game.

I have tried to explain this to people, but most either don't understand or want to live in denial. Yes, we have a talent advantage to win any game against a Coastal opponent on a neutral field, but it's not so great an advantage that we should be marking Ws in pen. When the talent margin is slim, so is the margin of error. And having a marginal to solid talent advantage is not the same as having the sort of talent advantage that comes from stacking top 5 recruiting classes. If you look at preseason FPI (an admittedly poor metric), the difference between Clemson and UM is greater than the difference between UM and UVA.

Here's another way to think of it. Let's assume UM currently has enough of a talent advantage to beat Duke 9 out of 10 times, GT 8 out of 10 times, VT 8 out of 10 times, UVA 7 out of 10 times, and Pitt 7 out of 10 times (which I think is probably over-selling our talent advantage over some of those teams). That still means we have a 28.2% chance of going undefeated against those teams, a 41.4% chance of going 4-1, and a 30.4% chance of losing 2 or more of those games.
This whole post, but especially the bolded part, should be pinned and required reading for any new members.

Advertisement
Seems like a gimmick designed to be a “differentiator“ in their field. They need many reasons for people to sub to them instead of/or in addition to 247. There is zero market history on HS QBs with NIL, history is literally being made with this class. Any numbers they propose are purely speculative.
Very well could be. Not pro or against the NIL nbrs they pose on their site. What is interesting is that you now have a national recruiting service openly throwing out NIL values and yet you have the NCAA chomping at the bit to get Miami on anything NIL related. They would want nothing more to. LOL..

Lol at you calling a high school QB not in the same weight class as an actual college QB.

Nobody knows anything until there are a couple of practices under his belt in COLLEGE.

At least half of these high school QBs getting big dollar NILs will be busts in a couple of years.

If we had unlimited money like *** to Mouth then sure pay him but we have to operate like we have a salary cap.

Watch you’ll see a couple of schools blow their load and go all in on a QB and it backfires and now they don’t have enough to go around for other players.
They aren’t equal as prospects, pretty simple. Of course many of these prospects will bust nobody is denying that, you still have to roll the dice or get left behind. In terms of these schools blowing their load, you are making assumptions on multiple things, one that 4MM over 4 years is blowing your load and two that the deals are guaranteed. Good news for us is that the staff albeit losing out on Rashada has options. We are still in it for Moore and at the end of the day while Emory is a notch below the others he is still aight, and it appears we won’t leave empty handed when it comes to QB.

Spot on.

There is a talent advantage but it's not as huge as many Miami fans want to believe. Until proven otherwise, we are middle of the pack talentwise on both lines, at linebacker and possibly wide receiver.

Assuming Miami will roll over every Coastal opponent is foolish. The gap over Duke and Georgia Tech is probably big enough to assume wins but everyone else should be taken cautiously. I'd venture to say we lose one to either UVA, Pitt, or UNC. We're not near the place we need to be talent wise to just consider it a cakewalk to the ACCCG.

Advertisement
You went off the map with the number you threw though… word is that Rashada is around 1MM per year which, yes, it appears to be higher than Garcia. The thing is that is the nature of the beast. Can it become messy? Yes it can, but the alternative is to not recruit and land top QBs. That alternative will land us in a bad spot.

Also, let’s keep Brown out of this, kid is a project with a high ceiling. He just isn’t boxing in the same weight class as Garcia and Rashada.

Ultimately right now at this moment QBs out of HS are fetching a premium, just what it is and next year the probability of them getting more expensive is higher than that number going lower. CFB is big business, there is ridiculous money to be made here by the players and I think we are just scratching the surface.

Now going back to Garcia, he isn’t going anywhere as he controls his own destiny as a starter. Best believe that if Garcia is as good as some believe the money will take care of it self.
It will 100 % be a mess. This whole situation as it currently sits is a runaway freightliner heading for a brick wall lol.

They aren’t equal as prospects, pretty simple. Of course many of these prospects will bust nobody is denying that, you still have to roll the dice or get left behind. In terms of these schools blowing their load, you are making assumptions on multiple things, one that 4MM over 4 years is blowing your load and two that the deals are guaranteed. Good news for us is that the staff albeit losing out on Rashada has options. We are still in it for Moore and at the end of the day while Emory is a notch below the others he is still aight, and it appears we won’t leave empty handed when it comes to QB.
Given that UF balked on NIL deals for other players at positions of need, I think it's safe to assume that whatever package they have for Rashada is pretty much their "load".

Given that UF balked on NIL deals for other players at positions of need, I think it's safe to assume that whatever package they have for Rashada is pretty much their "load".
Doubtful, they have a wealthy alumni base. I think they got ****y with Jenkins and we came correct and by then it was too late for them. Here, it’s a calculated risk, their class was speeding off a cliff and now they will get a second wind. I wanted Rashada but the staff made their decision and they seem to be pivoting well to Dante and Emory.

Advertisement
Only one QB can play at a time. You give Rashada 1 million per year…TVD will want at least double. Garcia will want more than Rashada and so will Brown or at least double whatever he’s getting.

All of sudden for one year you can have 4-5 million allocated to one position.

If we had A&M money then sure who cares if you have a million dollar investment sitting on the bench every game but we don’t have it like that.

I’m not saying for us not to take a QB this cycle…I’m saying we have to be smart with the resources. UF is desperate otherwise he wouldn’t be getting that kind of offer.

Advertisement
Back