Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely!!! The game that screams “TRAP GAME” to me though is on the road at GT after FSU and before Clemson. And you KNOW that’s going to be a night game too more than likely lol
Until we recruit at a higher level every acc game is a trap game. It will likely take 3 years of elite recruiting to confidently say we’re going to smash the Virginia and Georgia techs of the world. We’re not there

Absolutely!!! The game that screams “TRAP GAME” to me though is on the road at GT after FSU and before Clemson. And you KNOW that’s going to be a night game too more than likely lol

To triangulate between your point and @Allabouttheu95 's point, there is a midpoint between "smashing teams" and just winning by one possession. As close as the GaTech score was last year, I think we still had a pretty firm grasp at the end of the game.

I believe that with a reduction in mistakes and penalties, coupled with better situational defensive coaching (which I think we'll get from Steele and Strong), we won't find ourselves needing to hang on for dear life at the ends of as many games as we did recently.

But, yes, we're not quite ready to smash teams, and we have seen how dangerous it is to let teams hang around for too long. I don't think it's "arrogant" to acknowledge that "beating Miami" is like the Super Bowl to teams like Duke and GaTech. And certainly Appalachian State.

Multiple reasons.

EDIT: Wasn't trying to be too cryptic, but there are multiple reasons. Some relate to Rashada. Some relate to options. Some relate to big picture. I'm just
Let's say we give Rashada $3M a year to come.

What about Garcia? He has a good chance of being the starter next year.

What about Brown? He's a four star quarterback.

Don't they deserve comparable money to a player who has not even participated in a practice?

And what about TVD? He's at $1M now - certainly he would command a raise.

So if you're willing to give Rashada $3M, are you prepared to also fork out another $6 - $10M this year to keep TVD, Garcia, and Brown happy?

Advertisement
Let's say we give Rashada $3M a year to come.

What about Garcia? He has a good chance of being the starter next year.

What about Brown? He's a four star quarterback.

Don't they deserve comparable money to a player who has not even participated in a practice?

And what about TVD? He's at $1M now - certainly he would command a raise.

So if you're willing to give Rashada $3M, are you prepared to also fork out another $6 - $10M this year to keep TVD, Garcia, and Brown happy?
You went off the map with the number you threw though… word is that Rashada is around 1MM per year which, yes, it appears to be higher than Garcia. The thing is that is the nature of the beast. Can it become messy? Yes it can, but the alternative is to not recruit and land top QBs. That alternative will land us in a bad spot.

Also, let’s keep Brown out of this, kid is a project with a high ceiling. He just isn’t boxing in the same weight class as Garcia and Rashada.

Ultimately right now at this moment QBs out of HS are fetching a premium, just what it is and next year the probability of them getting more expensive is higher than that number going lower. CFB is big business, there is ridiculous money to be made here by the players and I think we are just scratching the surface.

Now going back to Garcia, he isn’t going anywhere as he controls his own destiny as a starter. Best believe that if Garcia is as good as some believe the money will take care of it self.

Advertisement
You went off the map with the number you threw though… word is that Rashada is around 1MM per year which, yes, it appears to be higher than Garcia. The thing is that is the nature of the beast. Can it become messy? Yes it can, but the alternative is to not recruit and land top QBs. That alternative will land us in a bad spot.

Also, let’s keep Brown out of this, kid is a project with a high ceiling. He just isn’t boxing in the same weight class as Garcia and Rashada.

Ultimately right now at this moment QBs out of HS are fetching a premium, just what it is and next year the probability of them getting more expensive is higher than that number going lower. CFB is big business, there is ridiculous money to be made here by the players and I think we are just scratching the surface.

Now going back to Garcia, he isn’t going anywhere as he controls his own destiny as a starter. Best believe that if Garcia is as good as some believe the money will take care of it self.
Lol at you calling a high school QB not in the same weight class as an actual college QB.

Nobody knows anything until there are a couple of practices under his belt in COLLEGE.

At least half of these high school QBs getting big dollar NILs will be busts in a couple of years.

If we had unlimited money like *** to Mouth then sure pay him but we have to operate like we have a salary cap.

Watch you’ll see a couple of schools blow their load and go all in on a QB and it backfires and now they don’t have enough to go around for other players.

Advertisement
He doesn't play in SF he's in panhandle and I frequent that area during season.
Miami can do better based off film with respect to Williams. And I’m not a take a kid from Florida just because kinda guy. The QB commit fro
Texas that committed to Michigan State for example has better pocket presence a similar arm etc. i hope he got better

Gattis is going to be around for 2 years tops. Steele is good, but defense is about dudes. I don’t expect the advantage they give to last long. Consistent talent acquisition is what we signed up for with Mario. We would have to hope he can land big time coaches consistently, which is hard to do
It's about both. Don't forget what JJ did between 84 and 85 after Olivadotti left. And it was essentially with the same dudes.

Advertisement
Back