Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Alabama/UGA/Texas A&M all signed 5* QBs 2022 how many of them are content for 2023?

I’m sure UGA will have multiple QBs leave once they sign Arch but I’m just saying are we now running a program where we expect to have that much cash available at every level?

QB
WR
OT
DE
CB

Those 5 spots are going to get crazy with the amount of NIL required for the top - I’m not even saying it as a UM is poor situation I’m saying in general how many teams can afford this once it’s across an entire roster and not just in certain spots as NIL ramps up

Advertisement
I’m sure UGA will have multiple QBs leave once they sign Arch but I’m just saying are we now running a program where we expect to have that much cash available at every level?

QB
WR
OT
DE
CB

Those 5 spots are going to get crazy with the amount of NIL required for the top - I’m not even saying it as a UM is poor situation I’m saying in general how many teams can afford this once it’s across an entire roster and not just in certain spots as NIL ramps up
We don't have unlimited resources like some of those schools but the way to counter that is winning and producing 1st rounders. Kids want to get paid and know you can build them into high draft picks.

Who says it’s over with Rashada?

Rashada’s recruitment won’t be over until he signs a letter of intent.

Whatever happens between now and then is websites baiting for clicks and fans riding the emotional roller coaster.

Man, a lot of people ain’t ready for this NIL life. The old rules and timelines are gone. It’s June and people are freaking. How the **** they gonna make until December or February (or God forbid, longer)?
It’s never owner until the Loi is signed. People still keep up with negotiations even though it’s doubtful they’ll beat the offer or even try to beat it. I still say it would be smart for him to push his decision back, just looking at it from the business side of things.

I have tried to explain this to people, but most either don't understand or want to live in denial. Yes, we have a talent advantage to win any game against a Coastal opponent on a neutral field, but it's not so great an advantage that we should be marking Ws in pen. When the talent margin is slim, so is the margin of error. And having a marginal to solid talent advantage is not the same as having the sort of talent advantage that comes from stacking top 5 recruiting classes. If you look at preseason FPI (an admittedly poor metric), the difference between Clemson and UM is greater than the difference between UM and UVA.

Here's another way to think of it. Let's assume UM currently has enough of a talent advantage to beat Duke 9 out of 10 times, GT 8 out of 10 times, VT 8 out of 10 times, UVA 7 out of 10 times, and Pitt 7 out of 10 times (which I think is probably over-selling our talent advantage over some of those teams). That still means we have a 28.2% chance of going undefeated against those teams, a 41.4% chance of going 4-1, and a 30.4% chance of losing 2 or more of those games.
1655329061061.jpeg

Advertisement
It’s never owner until the Loi is signed. People still keep up with negotiations even though it’s doubtful they’ll beat the offer or even try to beat it. I still say it would be smart for him to push his decision back, just looking at it from the business side of things.

You get good information, Cribby.

Unless we cut communication, I’m not throwing in the towel.

If we agree to match now, that just raises the bar so it can be raised again and again. Our nil sponsors are probably smart enough not to play that game.

None of this would make the information you received invalid. We haven’t seen a full cycle under nil so many precedents are being set. No one but Ruiz knows what his numbers are for big time recruits. No point tipping your hand in June.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The players back in the 80s seemed to be OK getting in Rohan's white and gold BMW and going out for some fun.

I don't know why we are so worried about team chemistry. The situation we are describing is hitting most of the teams in the P5. It's not like Miami is any better or worse at this than any other school.

If one of our players wants to transfer to a school that gives out equal NIL deals to all 85 players, that's fine with me.
BMW in the 80’s was worth what $20k? Just sayin’.

Maybe the players getting the big bucks will treat the some of the guys to a DQ.

Advertisement
Back