Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

This worries me, though.

This is a 9ish-win team. We still have holes in our roster. Is 9 wins enough to get us to the next level in recruiting? Because I have a feeling it’s not.

This was almost a 10 win team with Sylvester running things. Outside of Clemson and A&M we should be favored in the rest of our games. Defense should be much better. Things break our way 10-11 wins is possible.

Advertisement
This worries me, though.

This is a 9ish-win team. We still have holes in our roster. Is 9 wins enough to get us to the next level in recruiting? Because I have a feeling it’s not.

I don't believe so either.

The game has changed. The best teams got the best recruits because they won, produced draft picks, and everyone would label their coaches as great recruiters.

The same will be true in college football as it is in mostly everything else. The almighty dollar will rule and decisions will be based on it.

Some colleges, their money will be worth more. In a run against the elites, we will likely have to offer more money than them to have a shot.

This really is a ****** *** time to be a college coach and having to recruit kids. You can have the best relationship and plan in place, but it won't matter as you're going to lose some due to an offer elsewhere. You didn't do a **** thing wrong, you just got outbid.

School Lol GIF
Some of you looking at this the wrong way; Jalen is trying like **** to get Jaden and his family to reconsider going elsewhere (read between the lines here), he’s saying he wants to end up playing together but that ‘together’ isn’t going to be at Florida. This is a recruiting pitch and an attempt to get Jaden to step back a little and think about the entire situation, that’s all it is.

Some of yall fall into the hype every year then get disappointed when reality kicks in lol. This **** gonna take time to build, majority of us are happy because we think mario is the guy that can lead us in that direction so if u get thrown off with us losing a recruiting battle or a game then u should check your expectations. Thinking we’d just hop right up and win all these recruiting battles and dominate games when we ain’t been **** for a decade plus is just crazy lol be patient and lets see where we are in 2-3 years. Just because we believe **** is changing that doesn’t mean these kids have to

Advertisement
9 wins , acccg and then a nice bowl is a success. 10-3 is very doable and would be huge with recruiting.
Very

We have a 1st round pick at QB. There is no other QB in our division on his level (see Pickett last year beat his *** too).

Barring :knocks on all things ever in existence: injury issues our coaching is night and day better.

If Mario is the Butch Davis of gameday coaching god help us if we figure out who our ECU is lol. In all seriousness. We should win this division and I believe we do especially with the complete change we've made on our DL. I also don't think LB is gonna be as bad either....let's call is above serviceable but below good.

Last edited:
I don't believe so either.

The game has changed. The best teams got the best recruits because they won, produced draft picks, and everyone would label their coaches as great recruiters.

The same will be true in college football as it is in mostly everything else. The almighty dollar will rule and decisions will be based on it.

Some colleges, their money will be worth more. In a run against the elites, we will likely have to offer more money than them to have a shot.

This really is a ****** *** time to be a college coach and having to recruit kids. You can have the best relationship and plan in place, but it won't matter as you're going to lose some due to an offer elsewhere. You didn't do a **** thing wrong, you just got outbid.
True. A Rashada could go to Wyoming if a Collective there offered him $18M. It wouldn’t matter if the school only wins 2 games in four years and brings in no other talent that’s higher than 3 stars. It’s all about earning that first COLLEGE contract, right now.

Advertisement
Some of you looking at this the wrong way; Jalen is trying like **** to get Jaden and his family to reconsider going elsewhere (read between the lines here), he’s saying he wants to end up playing together but that ‘together’ isn’t going to be at Florida. This is a recruiting pitch and an attempt to get Jaden to step back a little and think about the entire situation, that’s all it is.
Brown and Washington are expected on campus today

Advertisement
Advertisement
How about people like you start putting names on these comments rather than painting everyone with the same brush. I know why you do it which makes it look ***** made. I’ve never said anything about “ historic classes “ or even a top five class. I’ve always said I saw us in the 7-10 range consistently under Mario . I can go bump those posts if ya want…..
Lol yeah I’m ***** made bro. It wasn’t you. That should’ve been obvious

9 wins , acccg and then a nice bowl is a success. 10-3 is very doable and would be huge with recruiting.

I look at this on a marginal 2021-2022 comparative basis. And I am not going to indulge the silly "yes we lost a couple of games by one possession, but you should also count our one possession wins as possible losses" argument.

In 2021, Miami finished in 2nd in the Coastal. Outside of Coastal champ Pitt (who we beat), ALL OTHER Coastal teams were .500 or below in BOTH conference and overall records. For the WHOLE conference, Miami was the 5th best team, and we beat 2 of the 4 teams "above" us (and did not play the other two). Our three losses were last-possession issues to lesser teams. We went 4-2 against the Coastal and 1-1 against the Atlantic.

Player losses - D'Eriq King, Mike Harley, Charleston Rambo, Zach McCloud, Jon Ford, Jarrid Williams, Bubba Bolden, Cam Harris, Navaughn Donaldson, Deandre Johnson. EXACTLY ONE guy was drafted. A couple of guys missed most of the season due to injury, so they didn't exactly impact the 2021 W-L record. I'm not hating on the guys, I love them, but a factual analysis will support the obvious conclusion that these guys were not leading UM to victory last year, outside of Harley/Rambo. So "what we lose" is not nearly as profound as, say, what Pitt lost in a first-round draft pick QB and a Biletnikoff-winning WR.

Player additions - Looking at the above list of losses, I feel like we adequately replaced THE 2021 OUTPUT with Portal and HS signees WITH THE EXCEPTION OF WIDE RECEIVER. And even Harley/Rambo were not SOOOOO talented that they were drafted. They were PRODUCTIVE, and I feel like we will replace their stats with a combo of TEs, RBs, and WRs who step up.

OTHER teams - The one Coastal team that finished ahead of us (Pitt), who we beat, suffered significant personnel losses. Same with North Carolina, a team that beat us. You can't limit this to "QB is one position, though", as QB is the single most important position. Nobody else in the Coastal with a 2021 record at or below .500 has made such significant personnel strides as to leapfrog Miami. There is literally no statistical or personnel reason why Miami should not go 6-0 against the Coastal, beside the mopey annual "but we always lose a game we shouldn't" argument. I am chalking up a 1-1 record against the Atlantic, with a loss to Clemson and a win over F$U. I'm also penciling in a 3-1 OOC record, I don't think we lose to Bethune-Cookman, Southern Miss, or Middle Tennessee State.

Coaching - We have a DRAMATIC improvement here. Let's not forget, we had porsters who thought "if Borregales hits that kick against UVa and we don't blow 4th and 14 against F$U, then Manny has shown enough improvement to be retained". The reality is that our coaching will be even THAT MUCH BETTER than last year's group that won 5 out of our final 6 games. As for "coaching" against our ACC rivals, I don't think there were any significant changes to fear; Duke, Virginia, and VaTech got new coaches, and none of those guys are to be feared. They certainly aren't transforming those 3 teams as dramatically as Mario is doing for Miami.

I respect all the "but it takes time" and the "be patient" arguments. But we went 7-5 with 3 last-possession losses. Mario, the coaches, and the personnel improvements are certainly collectively capable of reversing those 3 losses. Let's not forget, Butch inherited a questionable Erickson team with cloud issues, and he finished Year 1 tied for first in the Big East (our one conference loss was to co-champ VaTech). Same exact result in Year 2, before we cratered due to the scholarship losses in Year 3.

I've tried to analyze this a million ways, without taking "optimism" or "love of alma mater" into account. I just see 10 wins. That's not "high expectations", that's just a realistic look at who we play, what they have, and what is going on at Miami.

People make calculated decisions all the time and they're wrong. I said I'm here to plant my flag that this is the wrong decision. 5-star QBs don't grow on trees. If one grows in an area you can claim as your own, you take it. And you sure as **** don't give your rival the opportunity to claim it.

If Moore comes here, I will change my tune. If Rashada sucks, I'll be right here in the paint. But from the position this minute, IMO it's a poor decision.

I don't have a crystal ball. Neither do you, neither does anyone on the board, neither does the staff. None of us know how this will play out as far as who will be good, who will suck, etc. But there is a 5-star QB who everyone is telling me has major interest, there is a billionaire booster everyone is telling me has us as much in the game as anyone on NIL, but we're gonna let him walk to Hogtown because they're willing to spend more? OK, fair enough. But he better not turn out to be a baller. We shall see.
I’m not buying that, I just don’t think we can keep up with NIL deal

Advertisement
Back