Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Yes. That’s it. You got me

No need to take every tiny opening to trash the board's insiders.

1655242574201.png

I think a lot of this depends on how Mario manages the balance between HS kids and Portal. However, if the 25 IC limit is lifted and we can simply sign up to 85, it allows Mario to chase a "normal" high school class of 20 to 25 kids, and then fill in with Portal once we know more in a 7 or 8 months.

Most of the "Portal" guys, at nearly every school, are "3 star" ratings. So PURELY FROM A RANKING STANDPOINT, the Portal is good for quantity more than quality when it comes to class rankings. Again, speaking PURELY from "number of stars" analysis.
It was lifted for 2 years.

Advertisement
Yeah not buying this rationalization. Mario was hired and paid to recruit top 10 classes, hard stop. I believe he will deliver on that, my questions are more so if he gets us to the promised land, but we have a ways to go before we can even answer that part. Radio, Fat Al, Richt and even the Lisp all had very good classes here, the averages for Miami went down when it was clear that they were failures as coaches. Mario starting out with top 15 or so classes would be a major dud.

Yeah not buying this rationalization. Mario was hired and paid to recruit top 10 classes, hard stop. I believe he will deliver on that, my questions are more so if he gets us to the promised land, but we have a ways to go before we can even answer that part. Radio, Fat Al, Richt and even the Lisp all had very good classes here, the averages for Miami went down when it was clear that they were failures as coaches. Mario starting out with top 15 or so classes would be a major dud.
Exactly

Advertisement
I haven’t followed recruiting like I religiously usually do. Sounds like if we have a good year, December to February will be a sprint and worth following recruiting then.

IMO it would take a couple of average to poor seasons for Mario to fall out of top 15. I suspect even if he has a couple of mediocre seasons to start he would land in 10-12 range by selling being part of a rebuild. Top 5 is obviously going to be dependent on the field success.

Advertisement
IMO it would take a couple of average to poor seasons for Mario to fall out of top 15. I suspect even if he has a couple of mediocre seasons to start he would land in 10-12 range by selling being part of a rebuild. Top 5 is obviously going to be dependent on the field success.
Agreed, that's the expectation.

This is going to sound harsh but I believe it's true. IF we're not consistently better (landing in the top 15 on bad recruiting years and in the top 7-8 or better on good years) then what the **** is all of this for? At that point, we're just spending a lot of money on polish polishing the **** Manuela left us.

However, I doubt that happens. We went all-in on Mario. This is ride or die.

For me, my expectation has been 8-12 range depending. 15 is a disappointment. Not getting an elite QB will put us closer to 15 than 10….unless we go NIL heavy on MULTIPLE trench guys in the high 90’s.

Ultimately it depends on evaluations and development. We saw none of that under Radio, Al or Richt.

A top 15 class with us hitting on Carver and Tinilau (guys who are dragging the ranking down), for example, is what we've been missing for 2 decades.

Advertisement
This is exactly why I hope they go for broke and spend big this year. A literal clone of a class that cost (random example here) 10 million this year is going to be more expensive next year.

I keep comparing NIL to the way NFL rookie contracts kept getting more and more expensive before they were finally set in stone. Every year had to outdo the last. The top pick this year might not be as good, but **** it he wants to be paid more. And this is exactly what's going to happen in college sports.

We may like where we sit with 2024 and 2025 QBs for any number of legitimate reasons. But I really hope they aren't expecting a million this year to go equally as far in 2024, much less 2025.
And then the rookie contract market completely reset when the Players Association realised it was bonkers.

I think NIL will go the same way, only at warp speed. You can't pay 17 year old QBs $6m before they've even stepped foot on a College field. It's unsustainable.

For me, my expectation has been 8-12 range depending. 15 is a disappointment. Not getting an elite QB will put us closer to 15 than 10….unless we go NIL heavy on MULTIPLE trench guys in the high 90’s.
For $8.5 mil per year and all the investment we’ve had, 5-10 recruiting classes should be the expectation. It’s okay to have high expectations. And we need those classes cuz we aren’t scheming wins against good teams. This was the trade off and we need to deliver

We're talking about an elite recruiter here who has a top-notch staff. And despite our fears about his game management due to the Utah losses, Mario went 9-4, 12-2, 4-3 (COVID) and 10-3 at Oregon with less talent to work with when he took over and no portal to lean on, less staff talent, and a significantly more difficult recruiting environment.

I know Herbert was special. But our QB room should be good enough to replicate that track record or better. Meanwhile I see nothing stopping Mario from fast tracking the recruiting, not even losses in the first two seasons. "IF" he does have a poor W-L record this season or next, we'll lose some of the frontrunner kids who only want play for top teams. But I am confident Mario will have 3 high quality guys on the boards behind them to take up those spots.

For $8.5 mil per year and all the investment we’ve had, 5-10 recruiting classes should be the expectation. It’s okay to have high expectations. And we need those classes cuz we aren’t scheming wins against good teams. This was the trade off and we need to deliver
You don't think Gattis and Steele are going to scheme wins?

Unless you only consider good teams to be perennial Playoff contenders of course...

Advertisement
Back