Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

This is exactly why I hope they go for broke and spend big this year. A literal clone of a class that cost (random example here) 10 million this year is going to be more expensive next year.

I keep comparing NIL to the way NFL rookie contracts kept getting more and more expensive before they were finally set in stone. Every year had to outdo the last. The top pick this year might not be as good, but **** it he wants to be paid more. And this is exactly what's going to happen in college sports.

We may like where we sit with 2024 and 2025 QBs for any number of legitimate reasons. But I really hope they aren't expecting a million this year to go equally as far in 2024, much less 2025.
I am expecting that without controls you’ll see a top college quarterback equal or out earn the rookie contract of a first round NFL quarterback within a decade. Too much pride and ego involved, with no cap.

Advertisement

ON3 strikes again... Cannot wait to see how Ferman fares on that site...

Its a perfect fit for him really. He can try and re-build his name over there. The Charles Robinson and Gruden stuff will never be forgotten but he has connects with Mario and can now go over there and look like something he has never really done and that is fight the good fight for the Canes.

On3 has the right business minds behind it but 247 has the head start and was built by the same people I believe.

ESPN has the TV coverage on NSD that will always keep them high up

Advertisement
I told y’all going into last season Manny gambled the entire class on the upcoming season , he gambled and failed big. The stakes isn’t quite as high as last year but the class being a big success is riding on the season again.
Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but that’s not good news. If our recruiting classes are still dependent on our season outcomes then we really haven’t put ourselves in a different place from previous regimes. Elite recruiting programs recruit top classes no matter what. I’m expecting that with Mario and it looks like it’s not going to happen that way.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but that’s not good news. If our recruiting classes are still dependent on our season outcomes then we really haven’t put ourselves in a different place from previous regimes. Elite recruiting programs recruit top classes no matter what. I’m expecting that with Mario and it looks like it’s not going to happen that way.

case in point : Texas 8&4

Top 15-20 versus 5-10. Kids won’t come here if we suck or are mediocre for the same money or a little less.

Advertisement
We were already pulling 15-20 classes, so that’s disappointing to say the least. Mario isn’t a good enough game day coach to win with lesser talent. We need top 10 classes year in and year out
Consistently ? No we wasn’t. Covid made Mannys best classes possible. That was smoke in mirrors. Mario will stay in the 10-15 range because he’s good and the nil , but it’s a big step to the top 5-7 That’s the jump where on field matters. It’s also the range where national title contenders lurk.

None of this matters if we win the coastal and why shouldn’t we with this staff and roster?

Consistently ? No we wasn’t. Covid made Mannys best classes possible. That was smoke in mirrors. Mario will stay in the 10-15 range because he’s good and the nil , but it’s a big step to the top 5-7 That’s the jump where on field matters. It’s also the range where national title contenders lurk.

None of this matters if we win the coastal and why shouldn’t we with this staff and roster?
Our average class the last 10 years is 16.6 per 247. We will see. The hype around him on the trail at Miami + his history makes me bullish, but I think we can all say a 15-20 bump class would be a disappointment given we have been at 16 the last decade

Advertisement
Our average class the last 10 years is 16.6 per 247. We will see. The hype around him on the trail at Miami + his history makes me bullish, but I think we can all say a 15-20 bump class would be a disappointment given we have been at 16 the last decade
What’s that average when we finish in the 50’s if manny isn’t fired ? Lol, jk…..kinda.

What’s that average when we finish in the 50’s if manny isn’t fired ? Lol, jk…..kinda.

I think a lot of this depends on how Mario manages the balance between HS kids and Portal. However, if the 25 IC limit is lifted and we can simply sign up to 85, it allows Mario to chase a "normal" high school class of 20 to 25 kids, and then fill in with Portal once we know more in a 7 or 8 months.

Most of the "Portal" guys, at nearly every school, are "3 star" ratings. So PURELY FROM A RANKING STANDPOINT, the Portal is good for quantity more than quality when it comes to class rankings. Again, speaking PURELY from "number of stars" analysis.

Advertisement
I am expecting that without controls you’ll see a top college quarterback equal or out earn the rookie contract of a first round NFL quarterback within a decade. Too much pride and ego involved, with no cap.
Nah it will eventually settle down to six figure deals for Cam Newton type of QBs.

There will be a bunch who are busts that set back a bunch of schools just like it does in the NFL and the market will correct itself.

Nah it will eventually settle down to six figure deals for Cam Newton type of QBs.

There will be a bunch who are busts that set back a bunch of schools just like it does in the NFL and the market will correct itself.
I dont think that is how it will play out, because the kids are gonna be bringing in too much money to get paid that low. What will happen, IF IT ISNT ALREADY HAPPENING, is that things will some way some how be value based from a marketing standpoint. You can sign a 10MM deal but benchmarks will need to be hit, they won't be on the field bench marks but they will be indirectly tied to the results though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back