Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I know some people close to this recruitment. I empathize a lot with the kid. He has an extraordinarily challenging home life. People I know who are involved are trying to get the best pros around him to guide him.

I think his dad has made folks weary and my guess is that the asking price comes down considerably. It’s insane what he’s looking for today….

Personally I see this getting done at $500-$750k per year. You do that all day, imo. I think the kid is nasty and I don’t think it’s an either or in terms of NIL for him but not another elite five star DL for instance… like others have said, this recruitment isn’t for the faint of heart.
If the people around him are trying to get the best pros to mentor him this should be a dam slam dunk. Lane Kiffen is not the right human for that. I mean all you keep hearing from our coaches is your not coming here just to play football. That were here to set you up for life after football. **** our NIL dude is screaming that. He wants to help raise the kids who will be running our country. He even said that in the interview with Fishbrains.

Advertisement
The thing is that I dont see what Rashada has done that warrants anyone saying he is handling the process in a negative way such as being called a headache. He isn't trolling teams. This is the biggest decision of his young life and the kid is exploring his options. Are we to be mad that he is exploring his net worth in a nascent NIL landscape? Him trying to find a package deal for his brother isn't a headache either, that **** happens. Kid is going through the process and expects to make a decision early summer. Only part that irks me is that we may not be the destination, but is that somehow a knock on the kid?

Exactly. People are filling in the blanks, believing rumors and twitter BS, and making concrete assumptions based on conjecture. Let it play out.

I just wouldn’t be surprised if he throws up the U on the 18th of June (which by the way is the date I’ve heard was the plan for months and back then it was undoubtedly Miami so take that for what it is worth).
Looks like I read too much into the fact that he's committing prior to Legends camp. Thanks for clarifying.

Right UF said 200k was too much for big d-lineman lime D. Jackson, but yet they are supposed to come up with a couple Million for Rashada lol
It's possible. Suppose they've allocated $5M in NIL spend for the team. They could devote $3M to Rashada, then divide up the other $2M in inducements to the 84 players.

I suspect a number of programs - and not the usual suspects - will try to make a splash by throwing most of their resources at getting a highly ranked quarterback.

CFB's operating model - indeed that of all sports - is generally derived around selling hope. And what better way to sell hope than to land a 4 or 5 star quarterback?

Advertisement
Really depends on who you ask and furthermore it depends on who you trust here. Even if we take Emory, we aren’t just going to say ‘okay, that’s our QB, time to move on’ if I guy like Jaden or Avery wants in. I am pretty confident in who I got my info from that, much like Cribby, we are far from dead in his recruitment… His camp is just a bit delusional I guess in terms of the money they think they can get? The key thing here is that he wants to play with his brother, from everything I can gather. So that puts us and Ole Miss as the top 2 and the rest is noise. That’s how it will be unless he does find a suitor who will pay him the astronomical sum his family wants. Right now, I would say out of those two, Miami is by far the leader given what else I know but like many other recruitments (you’ve already seen one in Hill) you just never know with the NIL market. I just wouldn’t be surprised if he throws up the U on the 18th of June (which by the way is the date I’ve heard was the plan for months and back then it was undoubtedly Miami so take that for what it is worth).

I'm gonna give you a big red X, because the Gaytors swear THEY are in Jaden's Top 2...

It's possible. Suppose they've allocated $5M in NIL spend for the team. They could devote $3M to Rashada, then divide up the other $2M in inducements to the 84 players.

I suspect a number of programs - and not the usual suspects - will try to make a splash by throwing most of their resources at getting a highly ranked quarterback.

CFB's operating model - indeed that of all sports - is generally derived around selling hope. And what better way to sell hope than to land a 4 or 5 star quarterback?

Sorry...I simultaneously spit out my drink, ****ed down my leg, and **** myself over that first paragraph.

Not your fault, I'm just still getting a kick out of "$5M in NIL" for the old boys from Hogtown.

Advertisement
If you have an annual NIL budget anywhere south of 10 mil you would be crazy to spend more than 1 on a single qb.

The available portal talent at QB is going to get even better once these kids don’t play right away and need exposure to realize endorsement benchmarks.

I am less concerned about signing a 5 star out of high school with every new NIL discussion. We just saw the number 1 recruit in the country hit the portal, there will be talent, and they will want to play.

And **** spending two scholarships on a high dollar kid with a helicopter parent. Get ready for him to ***** to the media when Jr. doesn't run with the 1's right away.

edit: I do not know our annual budget - and am also not denying a good QB is important. If the bag is bottomless buy the best and shut dad's trap by stuffing bills in it.

I honestly hope they do that. Would destroy their program (even more so than they’ve already destroyed it).

We are so lucky we have genuine businessmen in the NIL war room at Miami. These Good Ole Boy boosters are about ready to burn a lot of cash for negative outcomes.

If you have an annual NIL budget anywhere south of 10 mil you would be crazy to spend more than 1 on a single qb.

The available portal talent at QB is going to get even better once these kids don’t play right away and need exposure to realize endorsement benchmarks.

I am less concerned about signing a 5 star out of high school with every new NIL discussion. We just saw the number 1 recruit in the country hit the portal, there will be talent, and they will want to play.

And **** spending two scholarships on a high dollar kid with a helicopter parent. Get ready for him to ***** to the media when Jr. doesn't run with the 1's right away.

edit: I do not know our annual budget - and am also not denying a good QB is important. If the bag is bottomless buy the best and shut dad's trap by stuffing bills in it.
15-20% of the budget for QB is reasonable... But you probably don't want to spend that all on an incoming freshman who isn't basically guaranteed the starting job.

I view it kind of like Loria and the Marlins. They surged their payroll in 2017, creating hope. Just for a year though, as they decided they could not keep up the spending and slashed the budget the following year and had one of their recurring fire sales.

But for a year, they created hope.

Advertisement

What’s the difference in paying a 5* HS QB and paying a former 5* QB sitting 2nd/3rd string at a perennial playoff contender that hasn’t played a lick so we don’t know if he can or can’t really play either?

What’s the difference in paying a 5* HS QB and paying a former 5* QB sitting 2nd/3rd string at a perennial playoff contender that hasn’t played a lick so we don’t know if he can or can’t really play either?
I am predicting it will be the dollar amount or the immediate return on investment. The high school QB market is like pre rookie scale nfl contracts right now. I think we will be able to get a kid desperate to get some game tape so he can get drafted for lower than 5 star HS qb price (e.g. Ewer if Manning bumps him), or we can get a proven commodity without the gamble that is already a stud but wants a payday.

Advertisement
I am predicting it will be the dollar amount or the immediate return on investment. The high school QB market is like pre rookie scale nfl contracts right now. I think we will be able to get a kid desperate to get some game tape so he can get drafted for lower than 5 star HS qb price (e.g. Ewer if Manning bumps him), or we can get a proven commodity without the gamble that is already a stud but wants a payday.
Once again assumptions being made just how these NIL deals are being structured and assumptions that we will be able to just land a guy in the portal. Also, regarding the Ewers theory, I think there are assumptions being made there as well. The assumption is that somehow a player like him will go for lower. If pro football has taught me anything is that teams are always in the market for a QB and they will over spend just to take a chance on a kid. ****, they reach on drafting them as well, exhibit A being Trubisky and my Bears.

I expect that the competition for Portal QBs in the future will be high and with less margin for error. When you need a portal QB, that means you didn’t develop and now your entire season is on the line and dependent on you signing a capable starter and fast. We just learned the hard way trying to lock down a WR this cycle, it’s just not guaranteed. I think the portal will continue to be a viable option to fill roster holes but I believe that depending on it, especially for a position like QB is playing with fire.

Nico & UTK have f’d up the market. What’s crazier; there’s rumors circling among scouts via 247 that Jaden could potentially move into the #1 overall player spot. So what would his value be then? Shame the wrong folks are around him, no doubt looking to capitalize off HIS moment. Smh

They might be cheaper? You also know they won’t transfer again. I’d pay Rashada or Moore but good chance they leave after 1 year on the bench.

They might be cheaper? You also know they won’t transfer again. I’d pay Rashada or Moore but good chance they leave after 1 year on the bench.
Why is that a good chance? Wouldn’t that depend on the kid’s character? Are we somehow correlating that a kid that fetches a high price, is somehow impatient and not willing to work for the job?

Advertisement
Back