Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
It's possible. Suppose they've allocated $5M in NIL spend for the team. They could devote $3M to Rashada, then divide up the other $2M in inducements to the 84 players.

I suspect a number of programs - and not the usual suspects - will try to make a splash by throwing most of their resources at getting a highly ranked quarterback.

CFB's operating model - indeed that of all sports - is generally derived around selling hope. And what better way to sell hope than to land a 4 or 5 star quarterback?
Yup and that would be a bad allocation of resources… look at the last 5 years of 5 star QBs and compare the “hit to miss” with 5 star Dline…

Instead of 3mill to a QB you could maybe snag 2 or 3 top Dline at 1/1.5 mill a piece and be killing it on the Dline causing havoc

It comes down to a bird in hand is better than one in the bush. When a coach recruits, character is something that is evaluated, it isn’t an exact science but you want kids that will want to compete. You have to trust your evals and roll the dice that the kid will stick around. To me that seems less risky that relying on the portal.

We did well in the portal this past cycle but we missed plenty. We never addressed our need at RT. We whiffed at a speedy WR as well. The biggest one though was MLB, we didn’t even have a functional Mike on the roster and in the end the guy we got will make us better but we didn’t knock it out of the park.
I think you’ve been misinformed here and you’re wrong. Miami has and continues to address the right tackle position. There are two tackles in SEC country that Miami have been recruiting and are in contact with. One young man from Opelika, Alabama and a young man from Albany, Georgia 6’7 285 pounds.

Also, there are two tackles in Oregon that Mario and Mirabal are recruiting. One played with my son at Oregon State. A 6’5 320 young man who is of Polynesian descent.

Because it isn’t reported doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Mario is relentless. He leaves no stone unturned.

I think you’ve been misinformed here and you’re wrong. Miami has and continues to address the right tackle position. There are two tackles in SEC country that Miami have been recruiting and are in contact with. One young man from Opelika, Alabama and a young man from Albany, Georgia 6’7 285 pounds.

Also, there are two tackles in Oregon that Mario and Mirabal are recruiting. One played with my son at Oregon State. A 6’5 320 young man who is of Polynesian descent.

Because it isn’t reported doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Mario is relentless. He leaves no stone unturned.
You say "recruiting" ... are these transfer portal guys being recruited for THIS season?

Advertisement
Like cribby said. It prob will go down to the wire and any teams that bombed due to QB play will get desperate and over pay him.

This is a once in a lifetime decision. Let the kid and his family do their due diligence. Nothing wrong with seeking the most financial gain possible for your labor. Who wouldn’t? Mario knows this and is patient with the kids and family. That’s why they love him.
With the transfer portal it's kinda not really a once in a lifetime decision any longer. Sure, it's a big decision but it could in some instances be a decision that last barely a year- See Ewers, Quinn.

I get what you're saying otherwise and agree and I'm an NIL supporter but this is one area where the kids and their families pulling this card are kinda wanting to have their cake and eat it too.

Advertisement
Nico & UTK have f’d up the market. What’s crazier; there’s rumors circling among scouts via 247 that Jaden could potentially move into the #1 overall player spot. So what would his value be then? Shame the wrong folks are around him, no doubt looking to capitalize off HIS moment. Smh

The only possible good outcome of Jaden moving to #1 is that there's no way the Gaytors could afford him (or impress him with their sloooooow WR verbals).

Russell Wilson, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields. Recognize those are rare opportunities. But even in this portal season, Dillon Gabriel is a much better use of NIL funds than any 5 star HS kid IMHO. And he was up for grabs.

Yep. Kid put himself into a good position.
1652877949089.png

UF spent as much or more than anyone when Meyer was here. The last three coaches just rubbed bull gators wrong and the spending subsided. That said people are crazy if they don’t think they’ll eventually have something figured out Nil wise down the road.

I hear ya, and I basically agree with you.

The two most interesting questions will be whether they still think "Gaytor Collective" is their play (and whether the NCAA comes down on collectives) and whether Gaypier will be able to deliver enough top guys in the next 7 months to convince the Bull Gaytors to have enough blind faith to start writing big checks again.

Gaypier may have a more agreeable nature to working with the Bull Gaytors than the 3 Ms did (Muschimp, McSharkfvcker, and Mullet), but if his bump class is ranked #25, I'm not sure the money starts to roll in.

Advertisement
Nico & Jaden were my two favorite QBs this cycle & no, it’s not b/c I was Cali biased. Lol

Both have ideal frames w/ height & room to grow. Nico is playing at a FB powerhouse, but prior to, he played at Warren, which is not a traditional power, & almost led them to an undefeated season, but lost a shoot out to Corona Del Mar in the playoffs. 33 TDs - 1 int

Jaden is apart of that section of Bay Area football that have produced some legendary players, bro. The 925 produces talent, folk. He makes allllllll the throws, & he’s been killing it on the 7-on-7 circuit. He led Pittsburg to a 9-3 record & was a game away from the State Title. It’s why he’s being talked about becoming the #1 overall player.

Both r good athletes, that “can” run, but choose to pass 1st. It’s just crazy that CA is home of 3 of the top 5 QBs in the nation. SC was smart to lock up Malachi ASAP. Lol.
Nothing wrong with a good Cali QB. I always thought he was a fringe 5 star guy. Seems like a crazy deep year for QBs in general. Hopefully we can snag this kid. It’d be good to open a pipeline for Cali QBs if him and Garcia were to be successful here.

He's visited Arkansas, BYU, Miami and Washington for officials and still has one more left to take.

"I have one official visit left and I am deciding on if I’m taking it to Ole Miss or Virginia Tech," said Rashada.
The Hokies are making a case to get him on campus.

"Virginia Tech is recruiting me the hardest," said Rashada.
Now, he's trying to determine if he'll visit Blacksburg or Oxford.

No one has emerged as a favorite just yet.
"Right now, I don't have a favorite," said Rashada.

He broke down his top three.

Ole Miss: "Ole Miss made my top three because of coach Part (defensive coordinator Chris Partridge) and the style of defense, to have four safeties on the field at once. That and the culture of Ole Miss."

Miami: "Coach Jahmile Addae and I have had one of the best relationships I’ve had with a coach. It was like the day I met him, we clicked in every way. We think the same in terms of most things. And me and coach (Mario) Cristobal talk as if we are best friends. It's a joke I make with him all the time."
Virginia Tech: "They have came at me the hardest of any school. I love what coach (Brent) Pry did at Penn State and I think he knows what it takes to have a successful program and being a DB at Virginia Tech means something."

Rashada is hoping to have a decision by the end of the month.

"I have planned to make my decision early next week," said Rashada.

Rashada said all of his attention is coming in the secondary.

"I'm primarily, being recruited for nickel but have just as many offers at cornerback," said Rashada.

Earlier Tuesday, Rashada's youngest brother, Jaden Rashada, named a top seven that included two of Roman's finalists- Miami and Ole Miss.

Could the two play together in college?

"It's been a dream of ours, but it's one of those situations where the stars have to align," said Rashada. "I know he’ll do what’s best for him and I’ll do what’s best for me. Hopefully that’s at the same place."
Man has a top 3 with one committable offer (VT) without his brother. And that school might not get an OV. Interesting

Last edited:
Advertisement
I pulled this off the gaytor board and posted it in Gator Tears. This poster is a long-standing respected poster there with Cali coaching connections. Coupled with the other things said by others who have had reliable information previously, I have no doubt this won’t be done until it’s really done.

View attachment 186205

Hmm, wonder what the "liar" stuff refers to.

This is a once in a lifetime decision. Let the kid and his family do their due diligence. Nothing wrong with seeking the most financial gain possible for your labor. Who wouldn’t? Mario knows this and is patient with the kids and family. That’s why they love him.
Is it though? With the portal now it can be a 2 or 3 times decision 😂

Advertisement
Back